Best Units in NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Units in NFL

It's a slow day so far, so come up with who you think has the best units position by position in the NFL.

Quarterbacks: (kinda hard to do because of the lack of quality backups in the league)
    1. Indianapolis
    2. New England

Runningbacks:
    1. Jacksonville
    2. New Orleans

Wide Receivers:
    1. Indianapolis
    2. Arizona

Offensive Line:
    1. Philadelphia
    2. Washington

Defensive line:
    1. Jacksonville
    2. Baltimore

Linebackers:
    1. Baltimore
    2. Chicago (assuming Briggs plays this year)

Secondary
    1. Baltimore
    2. Philadelphia

Meh, I'd do it, but I think it would be more appropraite after the draft because there maybe be some big changes.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      It's a slow day so far, so come up with who you think has the best units position by position in the NFL.

Quarterbacks: (kinda hard to do because of the lack of quality backups in the league)
      1. Indianapolis
      2. New England

Runningbacks:
      1. Jacksonville
      2. New Orleans

Wide Receivers:
      1. Indianapolis
      2. Arizona

Offensive Line:
      1. Philadelphia
      2. Washington

Defensive line:
      1. Jacksonville
      2. Baltimore

Linebackers:
      1. Baltimore
      2. Chicago (assuming Briggs plays this year)

Secondary
      1. Baltimore
      2. Philadelphia

San Diego should be number one on that running back list, I dont want to sound like a homer, but Tomlinson is the best in the game, and Turner's not a bum himself. No way does Jax and New Orleans have better then that.

Comment

I feel like this is going to get really ugly really quickly.

I will say that you really can't look at QB depth as a "unit". Ideally, your starter is your starter, and the backups are there as insurance.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Quarterbacks: Indy, New England, Cincy (Based just on starters)
          Running Backs: San Diego, New Orleans
          Wide Recievers: Arizona, Indy, Cincy
          O-Line: Philadelphia, San Diego
          D-Line: Jacksonville, Baltimore
          Linebackers: Chicago(w/ Briggs), Baltimore
          Secondary: Baltimore, Denver

Actaully, aside from RB I agree with most all of your picks.

Comment

I can't wait until this turns into a homer thread. Where are all the Dallas fans saying that their secondary is better?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

QB: Colts, Patriots

RB: Chargers, Saints

WR: Cardinals, Colts

OL: Eagles, Redskins

DL: Patriots, Ravens

LB: Ravens, Chargers

DB: Ravens, Raiders

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                I can't wait until this turns into a homer thread. Where are all the Dallas fans saying that their secondary is better?
                The only player in their secondary worth talking about is Newman. I think the guy is a legitimate top three corner, but beyond him, I'm not impressed.

Everytime I watch Anthony Henry, he gets burned. Roy Williams' strength in the run game doesn't overcome what an absolute liability he is in pass coverage. And their free safety situation? It's laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                  denver should be on there for lineb... oh, right.... seconda... oh, nevermind.... offensive lin.... dang.

i'm not sold on new orleans right now for running back, although i don't really feel that strongly about them.
                  In terms of a unit, they're pretty awesome. They have a great power runner in McAllister who is one of the top backs in the league (top 5) and the best 3rd down back in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                    QB: Colts, Patriots

RB: Chargers, Saints

WR: Cardinals, Colts

OL: Eagles, Redskins

DL: Patriots, Ravens

LB: Ravens, Chargers

DB: Ravens, Raiders
                    Even as a charger fan, I don't think our linebacker unit is the second best in the league. Maybe last year, With Merriman, Edwards, Godfrey, and Phillips, but just that they are unproven this year in the middle with Wilhelm and Cooper kinda eliminates them from that. Personaly I feel they're great there, but you have to give the edge to Chicago I feel there.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                      denver should be on there for lineb... oh, right.... seconda... oh, nevermind.... offensive lin.... dang.

i'm not sold on new orleans right now for running back, although i don't really feel that strongly about them.
                      If it wasn't for the Al Wilson cut, they'd have been number one on my list.

And I'm not necessarily sold on New Orleans at running back, either, especially Bush. But I like the versatility they have in their backfield. I suppose I could replace them with San Diego.

I really do believe, though, that Jacksonville has the best backfield and the league, and that it's pretty uncontested.

Comment

I agree that New Orleans has a top notch group of RB's. Arguably the best overall group in the league in terms of dynamic playmakers and contributors. Dallas could make an argument, as well.

Comment

If it wasn't for the Al Wilson cut, they'd have been number one on my list.

And I'm not necessarily sold on New Orleans at running back, either, especially Bush. But I like the versatility they have in their backfield. I suppose I could replace them with San Diego.

I really do believe, though, that Jacksonville has the best backfield and the league, and that it's pretty uncontested.
                          How do you put Jacksonville above San Diego and New Orleans?

Tomlinson is far and away the best RB in the league. Turner is a great backup.

McAllister is better than anybody Jacksonville has by quite a margin. Bush and Jones-Drew are comparable at this point in their careers.

Comment

You could make it an argument...but how in the world can you say its uncontested. You have San Diego with the best running back in the game, and a guy in Michael Turner, who whether you feel is overrated or not as a starter has done nothing but amaze in San Diego in his role. Then you have Jax with an aging and injury-prone Taylor, and a second year running back Jones-Drew who did a great job. Not to mention San Diego has the best fullback in the game too. You can make an argument for Jax, but how could you think it is uncontested?

Comment

I'll probably get called a homer. But Green Bay's got a good QB Unit. Favre is good when he had a line last year and Rodgers is a first rounder w/ great potential.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information