X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Grant locked up

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6742422

500th post, Im a -rep veteran now!

I was weary of posting this topic only because some would say that it belongs in the Saints' Team folder.. but anyway...

Good deal for us. Locks up one of our best defensive players and truly puts us in the best position to take the BPA on Saturday. Some may say we overpaid for him, but with the kind of money that Nate Clements and others received this off-season and with Charles Grant being ESSENTIAL to our defense.. it's a good deal. Not to mention that we don't have to worry about Will Smith until 2010.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Dangit, I was sure he would be a Buc next year....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

WOW, that is a lot of money for a player like Charles Grant, im happy the bucs didnt pull a deal to get him for that kind of money

Comment

I..thats a lot of money for him. Hes pretty good but man, $20 million guaranteed?

Comment

ya no kidding man. i would of thought for less.
            this is the year!

Comment

(Sigh)

So many n00bs who still don't understand the new cap system. Some things will never change.....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                (Sigh)

So many n00bs who still don't understand the new cap system. Some things will never change.....
                Pretty much. Also, not to mention people not understanding how essential Grant is to our defense.
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

20 mil guaranteed, dang!!!

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                    Pretty much. Also, not to mention people not understanding how essential Grant is to our defense.
                    I know....

"ZOMG! 20 million guaranteed for a 26 year-old stud DE that weighs 290 lbs and had posted 2 10+ sack years. What has this league come to".....

^shrugs again^

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

From the title, I thought he was going to prison.

Comment

I can't be the only one who think 63 Mil is a ridiculous amount for a DE who has only 8 sacks the last two years. But hey, I don't watch the Saints so I don't know what kind of player he is.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                          From the title, I thought he was going to prison.
                          He got locked up, they wont let him out....

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

How dare I not know something about the NFL cap system.

Grant's good, but thats a hell of a lot of money for someone who has been solid but not spectacular.

Comment

Charles Grant is either the first or second most important player on our defense. I'm glad we got him locked up.
                              The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information