Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eagles to wear terrible looking jerseys in game versus Lions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Those look like the ones the Packers wore that one year against the Bears or Lions. At least they remind me of them.

    Last edited by Vikes99ej; 04-27-2007, 12:47 PM.


    http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

    Comment


    • #17
      They're probably wearing them against the Lions because they know that against any other team the karma from wearing such horrible eyesores would spell an automatic loss. But the Lions' bad karma trumps all, so the Eagles are safe for that week.

      Comment


      • #18
        Those are the most bitchin' throwbacks ever.

        I'd buy it.

        bonekrusher on the sig magic
        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Ward View Post
          I'll be the first to say it, I like them. It's honoring the team and the city's history, and the helmets are bad ass.
          Why honor such a worthless city. Even New Orleans mayor Nagin after visiting Phildalphia went back to people of New Orleans and said "and you think we are in bad shape"?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            Why honor such a worthless city. Even New Orleans mayor Nagin after visiting Phildalphia went back to people of New Orleans and said "and you think we are in bad shape"?
            It was only a matter of time before one of us said it, lol.

            Comment


            • #21
              These are uniforms the Eagles wore 75 years ago. It is the team's anniversary, so Jeff Lurie decided that it was time to milk the fanbase for more money by selling these throwback uniforms. Yes, they look a little off, but they are direct replicas of the old Eagles jersies.



              I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

              Comment


              • #22
                I think the bigger concern here is did they really think David Akers would be their best choice to model these jerseys?

                The helmets are pretty cool, though.
                The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

                Sig by jkpigskin

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  Why honor such a worthless city. Even New Orleans mayor Nagin after visiting Phildalphia went back to people of New Orleans and said "and you think we are in bad shape"?
                  Amen. GO NYC!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Akers is an icon in Philly. He's a huge fan favorite. He's also working out all offseason in Philly, so he was an easy choice to market the team. The Eagles probably also wanted to appease some of the latent racism in their blue collar fanbase by having a white player model the jersies. It had to be a factor there.



                    I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Homer Simpson
                      New York is a hellhole, Marge. And you know how I feel about hell holes...
                      Pop... BOOYAH!!!



                      I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                        Akers is an icon in Philly. He's a huge fan favorite. He's also working out all offseason in Philly, so he was an easy choice to market the team. The Eagles probably also wanted to appease some of the latent racism in their blue collar fanbase by having a white player model the jersies. It had to be a factor there.
                        Really? They don't like the black players in Philly?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          They don't mind the black players in Philly, but they also like to see the white players recognized or represented. It's very latent, but it still exists. Regardless, Akers is a top-5 jersey seller for the Eagles, so why not put him out there?



                          I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            They don't mind the black players in Philly, but they also like to see the white players recognized or represented. It's very latent, but it still exists. Regardless, Akers is a top-5 jersey seller for the Eagles, so why not put him out there?
                            Come to think of it, if you were to put a white face to represent the Eagles, Akers is probably the only guy who fits the bill. Maybe Runyan. But from what Ive heard, Eagle fans aren't the biggest Runyan fans.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The Eagles fans like Runyan fine, but Akers won the 4th and 26 game and has been pretty consistent over the years. He is also very fan friendly and signs a ton of autographs.



                              I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                                The Eagles fans like Runyan fine, but Akers won the 4th and 26 game and has been pretty consistent over the years. He is also very fan friendly and signs a ton of autographs.
                                Usually during Eagles Giants games, I hear philly fans tearin him a new arse. But then again, thats probably because he's Strahan's wipping boy over the years.

                                Akers is a very solid kicker. I think he's top 3 in the league. I think Vinatieri, then Stover, then Akers.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information