No announcement yet.

Panthers release Keyshawn Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow dumb move. He was solid and he would've been a great mentor to Jarrett.

He's still a solid possession receiver. I'd take him.

Comment

probably too much money. roster bonus of 3mil, plus probably another few mil for salary.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        He needs to go to a WCO to maximize his production. I like him in GB, as a checkdown for Favre.

He's not nearly the lockerroom cancer people make him out to be.
        Early rumor is he got cut because he rubbed management the wrong way and wouldn't take responsibility for his mistakes (Jake's late game INTs vs Cincy and Philly)

If that's true it's very disappointing because the minor personal issues he causes are greatly outweighed by his production

Comment

I see him trying to get revenge and signing with ATL or NOR for the minimum.

Comment

I knew it was going to happen as soon as they drafted Jarrett.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I want Keyshawn on the Browns. He would be our #2 guy to help out Quinn. But then again he would rip Quinn apart if he didnt get the ball.

Comment

Keyshawn sure as hell did not see this coming until maybe yesterday-

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                  WOW that is crazy he was talking on draft day how he wanted to take DJ under his wing I guess that won't happen now lol.
                  yea I was thinking the same thing lol. Its a shame tho cuz I think Jarrett coulda learned a lot from keyshawn.

Comment

Where is the Panthers fan that says the Panthers never make bad decisions in free agency?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                      yea I was thinking the same thing lol. Its a shame tho cuz I think Jarrett coulda learned a lot from keyshawn.
                      maybe that is why they cut him. keyshawn and keyshawn 2.0 would be unbearable.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                        I knew it was going to happen as soon as they drafted Jarrett.
                        + Rep!!!!!! Everybody Bow!

Comment

That's a very unexpected move, especially with all of his talk about taking Dwayne Jarrett under his wing and tutoring him and his excitement about doing just that.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

As much as most of the Eagles fans here would want nothing to do with him,I'd take him. Hmm Keyshawn or Greg Lewis? Easy pick for me.Alot of Eagles fans are scared of any WR thats had issues because of a certain past WR for us but I really dont see Keyshawn as being a timebomb like someone else.He could mentor Hank Baskett and provide us with a better looking WR core as long as he came for a decent price.And as mentioned,his best fit is the WCO.Plus theres some rumblings upon something Andy Reid said concerning Keyshawn during the draft.Right now I see possabilities as Green Bay/Tamp Bay or Philadelphia.I'd personally have no problem taking Keyshawn and sending Greg Lewis packing.
                            ~Its only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything~

Comment

so do they get that $3mil roster bonus they gave him back??

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                                Terrible job by the Panthers. Didn't they pay his hefty bonus already this offseason?
                                Let's clear up a little matter here before it gets too wide-spread: The Panthers DID NOT pay Keyshawn Johnson a $3 million roster bonus on April 1, as has been reported elsewhere and has fans scratching their heads.

The Panthers did pay Johnson $1 million April 1. But that was deferred money from the signing bonus he agreed to when he initially signed with the Panthers. Johnson also was due a $1 million reporting bonus at the start of training camp. Obviously, he won't get that money and it won't count against the salary cap.
                                no

Although the receiver, who was followed by controversy in his previous stops, seemed to be a model citizen in his one season with the Panthers, there were some-behind the scenes issues.

Some very important people in the organization weren't happy when Johnson failed to stand up and take blame away from quarterback Jake Delhomme after some critical passes intended for Johnson were intercepted. At least one very important person in the organization urged Johnson to do that and he didn't.

Johnson also didn't endear himself to some key people by questioning some coaching moves. The Panthers are on the hook for $3.75 million in salary cap space because of remaining signing bonus prorations. They may designate Johnson as a June 1 cut and spread the cap hit over two years.

The decision to part ways with Johnson actually was made at least several weeks ago. When a rumor was circulating about this move last week, Panthers general manager Marty Hurney told The Observer that information was "not accurate.''

Apparently, the Panthers wanted to make sure their bases were covered before officially making the move, and the clincher came when they drafted USC's Dwayne Jarrett in the second round Saturday.
                                Not really a bad decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information