Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 will be the last year mcnabb is in an eagle uniform

says sal palentonio

If you have comcast cable go to on demand and watch the taping of daily news live if your in the philadelphia general area is where I saw this.

But Palentonio says he is due 6.3 million next year, followed by 10 million in 2009. He also says their cap wouldn't take much of a hit if they release him after this season.

It wouldnt shock me to be honest

I don't believe it. Still Rex Grossman is an FA after this season...hmmmm. Come back to Chicago McNabb. =)

Comment

It depends on how he does this year, in my opinion. To say anything right now smacks of overreaction.

Comment

If he is healthy and plays well he'll retire with Philly.

Comment

One thing about Philly.....they have no remorse cutting players. It could be anybody, they'll cut you if they feel you don't provide any immediate results for them.

Theres no player loyalty. In a way its good, thats why they stay so competitive.

Philly also has an uncanny ability of knowing when a player is washed up, and cutting them at the perfect time. So if Philly cuts McNabb, its because he's done for.

If thats truely part of their gameplan, which isn't out of the question, then the Kolb pick looks like a wise decision.

Comment

The Kolb pick is wise anyway. I said before that if McNabb spends a good portion of this season injured he is done in Philly forever.

Comment

What player has left Philly as a cut and had a productive career afterwards? You could argue Troy Vincent and Trotter, but not significant. Trotter only returned to god-like form when he came back to the Eagles in 2004. The team traded Hollis Thomas, who had a great year for New Orleans. Other than that, they seem to have done very well with letting players go. I do think that Rod Hood and Michael Lewis will have success, but they were signed to above-market value contracts that the Eagles wouldn't pay.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

As an Eagles fan, I'm looking at reality. McNabb has helped rebuild the franchise, and he still has the smarts and the accuracy and the arm to make a difference. However, his inability to stay healthy is a big concern. As I have mentioned, the last time he played a full season in the NFL was 2003. He has had 3 major surgeries in the last 5 years and he is now 31. It is very possible that his years of max production are over.

Personally, I want Donnie to come back and dominate. I'd like to see him get 2 more years as an Eagle because I think Kolb will take that long (at least) to be groomed. The team can win right now with a healthy McNabb (assuming quality playcalling from Reid and Mornenweig). I'm not going to say he's done before the season even begins.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                  As an Eagles fan, I'm looking at reality. McNabb has helped rebuild the franchise, and he still has the smarts and the accuracy and the arm to make a difference. However, his inability to stay healthy is a big concern. As I have mentioned, the last time he played a full season in the NFL was 2003. He has had 3 major surgeries in the last 5 years and he is now 31. It is very possible that his years of max production are over.

Personally, I want Donnie to come back and dominate. I'd like to see him get 2 more years as an Eagle because I think Kolb will take that long (at least) to be groomed. The team can win right now with a healthy McNabb (assuming quality playcalling from Reid and Mornenweig). I'm not going to say he's done before the season even begins.
                  If Philly cuts McNabb, being a Giants fan and knowing Philly decently well, its almost a guarantee that McNabb is done. Maybe not done done, but he will not be a reliable week in week out qb.

I still like Beck better than Kolb though.

Comment

If the Eagles cut McNabb, where does he even go to play? Most teams out there have younger QB's starting and earning their stripes. I'm not sure he can go many places and start. That will help seal his fate as well.

Comment

He'd be a perfect fit in Green Bay when Favre retires. I'll take a top 5 QB.
                      I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

I think he'll have a good come back season and put up some good numbers. He'll keep his job there's no way the Eagles would release their franchise quarterback.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

McNabb could go to Green Bay, but would he really want to go in there and have to win over the fans after Favre retires? Talk about an absolute no-win situation...

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
                            I think he'll have a good come back season and put up some good numbers. He'll keep his job there's no way the Eagles would release their franchise quarterback.
                            If he plays all 16 games and plays well, there is no way the Eagles let him go after 2007-2008. That is pretty much a guarantee. As I said earlier, I'd like McNabb to stay with the Eagles for another 2 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              McNabb could go to Green Bay, but would he really want to go in there and have to win over the fans after Favre retires? Talk about an absolute no-win situation...
                              Packer fans are a supportive and positive group, as long as he showed up and played we'd love to have him.

*editted for safety*

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information