Franchise QBs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
    I figure after this season Rex will be a goner.
    your sig is SWEET

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
      Chris Simms is our franchise QB. You call me a pessimist ;)?
      The franchise doesn't bring in every vet QB it can get its hands on if they have a franchise QB in place.

Simms was ok in 2005, but he was playing his way to the bench in 06 before he got hurt.
      "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post
        Just thought it would be neat to lay out all 32 NFL Teams to see which ones have a "franchise QB." It is in no particular order and teams without any clear cut QB I will discuss later

AFC East
        Buffalo: Looks like JP Losman is their guy after they passed on Brady Quinn. But what if he has a horrible season in 07?
        Dallas: Tony Romo for now but lets see after 2007
        Washington Redskins: Jason Campbell
        Chicago Bears: Lets give Rex Grossman another season
        Minnesota Vikings: Tavarius Jackson
        Saint Louis Rams: Marc Bulger
        Depending on the course of events the 2007 season take, I wouldn't put it past any of these teams to be looking for a QB very early in the 2008 draft.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
          Being able to say that my team even has a franchise QB makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
          I would say "potential franchise QB." But that's just semantics. For the first time in a while, we won't be looking to add a QB this next offseason

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
            I would say "potential franchise QB." But that's just semantics. For the first time in a while, we won't be looking to add a QB this next offseason
            Why must you harsh my mellow NIP?

Comment

Originally posted by Watchman View Post
              ok
              LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLO

Did you not watch ANY games?

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLO

Did you not watch ANY games?
                All of them, he shined in a couple and was pretty much average in the rest. He threw for 2,000 yds. 10 TDs and 7 ints in 05. That's ok.

Regardless as I said, he was playing his way to the bench in 06, and the franchise has brought in several vet QBs to compete with the supposed franchise QB they have.
                "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                  If Drew Stanton, and John Beck are franchise QBs then Troy Smith is a franchise QB.
                  possibilities for all 3 to work out but beck and stanton have better tools

Comment

Depending on the course of events the 2007 season take, I wouldn't put it past any of these teams to be looking for a QB very early in the 2008 draft.
                    specially with the cowboys perhaps having 2 top 10 picks

Comment

Originally posted by Finsfan79 View Post
                      possibilities for all 3 to work out but beck and stanton have better tools
                      The only thing Beck an Stanton have on Troy is there taller than 6 feet, Troy has just as good if not a better arm than both and he has mobility.
                      HALL OF FAMER!
                      PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                      JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I'll do my take on the AFC starters now, and I'll do the NFC tonight.

AFC East
                        Buffalo - J.P. Losman = I like him and he has made strides, hopefully he can keep improving and keep his job.

Miami - John Beck = This may be a long learning curve for Beck this year if he is the starter, I think his age and maturity will help, but it may be a long year in Miami.

NY Jets - Chad Pennington = Plays very well when he is on the field, but he has been injury prone, and Kellen Clemens is waiting in the wings.

New England - Tom Brady = 3 Super Bowl rings says alot, but he is a great player who makes below average players into quality players, example...Jabar Gaffney and Reeche Caldwell.

AFC North
                        Baltimore - Steve McNair = I love him for his toughness, but he is also one who is injury prone, and may not have to much time left in the league. Troy Smith may get a shot there in the future.

Cincinnati - Carson Palmer = A top 5 QB in the league, has great weapons to work with in Johnson and Houshmanzadeh. They could take the next step to the elite level of the league if their teammates could stay out of trouble.

Cleveland - Brady Quinn = I think he will start at some point during the season, and he is my favorite out of the QB that were drafted, if they get some more help on the offensive side he could be a real good one in the future.

Pittsburgh - Ben Roethlisberger = I love Roethlisberger as a game manager, he did a great job with Bettis, Parker, and Ward when they one the Super Bowl two season ago. If he can bounce back from last years tough year he should be fine.

AFC South
                        Houston - Matt Schaub - The Texans must have seen something for a guy who has only started 2 games. If Houston doesn't solidify their O-line it coulb be a long year for Schaub. They do have the weapons for him in Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, Ahman Green, and rookie Jacoby Jones.

Indianapolis - Peyton Manning = The best in the game today, and after winning the big one last season there is no doubt in my mind he goes down as the best quarterback to ever play the game.

Jacksonville - Byron Leftwich = Team may be going with him for the 2007 season, but after they could be looking at other options. Leftwich is an average quarterback who is injury prone, and the Jags may not be set with him for 2008.

Tennessee - Vince Young = He is just a winner, and I love that. But I think the Titans needed to bring in some help for him on the offensive side of the ball. Their is need at receiver and uncertainty in the backfield. Young can't do it all on his own right?

AFC West
                        Denver - Jay Cutler- I love this guy. Cutler has the weapons in Denver and has a very good offensive line. If Culter is having an off day throwing, he will be able to hand it off to one of the workhorse running backs that Denver has in its stable.

Kansas City - Damon Huard - I think it will be Huard's job until Brodie Croyle is ready, and that is just fine for KC. Huard did a great job when Trent Green was injured, and he will be a solid starter for the Chiefs for the near future. All he has to do in hand off to LJ anyway!

Oakland - JaMarcus Russell - He may not start the first game, but he will be under center before the year is over. He is hands down the best QB that was drafted last weekend. In my opinion I think he could have a Vince Young type year this year. He could actually do better since I think the weapons are there in LaMont Jordan, Justin Fargas, Ron Curry, Joey Porter, and Courtney Alexander. If Lane Kiffen can coach this team and get them to buy into his philosophy they will be greatly improved.

San Diego - Philip Rivers - He is another solid game manager. He has tons of weapons around him, and he has the deadliest weapon in LT. Rivers is a good QB, but I am not yet fully sold on him being an elite quarterback.

Here is how I rank the 16 AFC QB's:
                        1 - Payton Manning
                        2 - Tom Brady
                        3 - Carson Palmer
                        4 - Philip Rivers
                        5 - Vince Young
                        6 - Chad Pennington
                        7 - Ben Roethlisberger
                        8 - Jay Cutler
                        9 - Steve McNair
                        10 - J.P. Losman
                        11 - Damon Huard
                        12 - Byron Leftwich
                        13 - JaMarcus Russell
                        14 - Matt Schaub
                        15 - Brady Quinn
                        16 - John Beck

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

IF it doesn't go great for JP this year, Trent Edwards is next in line and I don't see us going for a QB next year.

Comment

Leftwich is in the last year of his deal, so whatever his fate is will be solely determined by this season. If he has a bad year or is injured again, he likely will not be re-signed. I think he can become a franchise QB, it just depends if he's healthy and if he raise his play to an elite level. As time goes by, I think more and more that he will never be great but merely good. With our defense, that may not be a problem, but a good quarterback usually doesn't stay good forever. Only elite quarterbacks tend to sustain a high level of play.

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen
                            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                              With our defense, that may not be a problem, but a good quarterback usually doesn't stay good forever. Only elite quarterbacks tend to sustain a high level of play.
                              The Aaron Brooks factor?

Comment

Campbell looked like he could be something special last year. Every game he improved by a pretty good amount. With his first offseason as the solidified starter, and plenty of time with the offense (11/12 starters returning) 07-08 should be amazing. Saunders will make this kid shine.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information