Which teams will do worse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
    I think the Kansas City Chiefs will decline quite a bit and be the 3rd best team in the AFC West.
    If the Raiders can somehow get some blocking from their offensive line and produce some actual offense, it wouldn't surprise me to see them be the 4th team in the AFC West.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
      If the Raiders can somehow get some blocking from their offensive line and produce some actual offense, it wouldn't surprise me to see them be the 4th team in the AFC West.
      I was about to put 4th but the Chiefs just have a little more collective talent to get them over the edge against the Raiders, but it wouldn't suprise me at all of the Chiefs do finish last in the West

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I gaurantee the JETS will have a be on the fence for a losing season this year

1. Pennington WILL NOT stay healthy.

2. Instead of playing Oakland, Detroit, Houston, and Tenn (without Young),.. they now have Philly, Baltimore, Cincy and Tenn (with Young)

3. They will have a hard time splitting with NE this year, and if it wasnt for a turn-over Buffalo would of took two against them convincingly.

Comment

I like what Mangini is doing but there is no way the Jets do better than 10-6. I can see 9-7 at most.

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

Originally posted by 49erfaithful View Post
            Eagles also, Mcnabb will probably get injured and they have no proven backup.
            AJ Feeley and Kelly Holcomb...

Also I love how everyone is so sure McNabb is gonna get injured again.

Comment

Originally posted by 49erfaithful View Post
              chargers might, new coach, who isnt the best, and will have the pressure of living up to expectations. Eagles also, Mcnabb will probably get injured and they have no proven backup.
              Well backups: Kolb, Feeley, Holcomb
              Proven Backups: Feeley (Led Eagles to superbowl when McNabb was injured before) and Holcomb is like a 11 year vet

^ bantx
              Originally posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER
              **** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
              Originally posted by Jughead10
              I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                Anyhow, to say we didn't upgrade the defense... our biggest gap last year defensively was our secondary most notably Fred Thomas. We now have Jason David as the opposite corner to Mike McKenzie. Also, re-signed all our important defensive starters and added Brian Simmons & Kevin Kaesviharn for depth (or possibly starter considering how Bullocks does in camp). Also, with Roman Harper coming back (hopefully healthy) that would be another added bonus. Even with our lackluster defense (although we were 11th in the NFL) last season, we still met it to the NFLCG and were one win away from the Super Bowl. We didn't make a lot of turnover, but we took care of all the positions we needed to except for probably defensive tackle.

Now, I'm not saying if we'll be as successful as last year or not, but I wanted to clear up those misnomers about our team.
                If I could give out anymore rep I would.

I think in order to understand just how important the Jason David signing was to us, you have to realize how poorly Fred Thomas played last season.

I can't say off the top of my head but I believe he gave up around 12 TDs last season, most of them long yardage and numerous big plays. It got to the point where he was a TD just waiting to happen for the other team.

David isn't a superstar by any means but he's a young (24) CB that was a solid starter for the Colts, and that's all we need a solid CB that won't give up the huge plays down field every game.
                Last edited by Auron; 05-05-2007, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LitoSheppard View Post
                  Proven Backups: Feeley (Led Eagles to superbowl when McNabb was injured before)

Maybe on Madden he did that.

Comment

Originally posted by JCshutEmDown View Post
                    Maybe on Madden he did that.
                    Actually it was the NFCCG, but close enough.

Comment

the chargers will no doubt be worse...record wise..tougher schedule makes it impossible almost to go 14-2 again..now if they could trade some of those wins for some playoff wins..that'll be fine with me

Comment

I'm wondering if the Bengals will be able to stay competitive with the loss of Henry and a rookie corner.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                          I'm wondering if the Bengals will be able to stay competitive with the loss of Henry and a rookie corner.
                          Well... I'm not sure, I mean... maybe when some guys can avoid getting arrested they'll actually do better...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

teams i think will do worse next year compared to last season.

Ravens (I have a feeling Mcnair will hit a speed bump and not perform as good as he did in years before, especially if pittsburgh and cincy both play well this year). [8-8]

Chargers ( I think with all the changes this will be a sophmore slump for rivers well his sophmore year by being the starter, I think there defense wont be as dominate as they were last year.) [9-7]

Chiefs (With the lose of many key offensive line men in the last few years will finally pay a toll and age will come a factor as well. I dont think Larry will go anywhere even though he is a prime rb in the league i just dont think a team will want to trade for what it will cost to get LJ.) [4-12]

Dallas (I think Romo will struggle and i dont think they addressed the OLine as they should have and i think it will show. I also think there secondary will struggle as they did last year and Wade's first year with the team will be a Hard one.) [6-10]

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                              Replacing Tory James with Leon Hall is an immediate upgrade. James has not been better than average since 2002 with the Raiders.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                                Replacing Tory James with Leon Hall is an immediate upgrade. James has not been better than average since 2002 with the Raiders.
                                He may be an upgrade but still will be a rookie and will make mistakes.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information