Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bohleive View Post
    how many pro bowls has he been to?
    Did Tom Brady make the Pro-bowl last year?

That answers that.

Also, who the hell did Romo get in over, another point why the pro-bowl is stupid and just a fan vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post

That answers that.

Also, who the hell did Romo get in over, another point why the pro-bowl is stupid and just a fan vote.
      Look, if he's an elite G don't you think he would've at least been to a probowl, incidently, pretty much the only numerical stat used to measure OL?
      Romo and Brady have nothing to do with Steinbach. If the majority of the players, coaches and fans of the NFL's opinions are less significant than your own in your opinion, that says something about you.

Comment

That answers that.

tom brady turned it down, he got an invite though

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Look, if he's an elite G don't you think he would've at least been to a probowl, incidently, pretty much the only numerical stat used to measure OL?
          Romo and Brady have nothing to do with Steinbach. If the majority of the players, coaches and fans of the NFL's opinions are less significant than your own in your opinion, that says something about you.
          Are you serious? You ignored the entirety of my post, the point is you don't measure anything by pro-bowls, the moment Tony Romo made it I considered it a popularity contest, and then Tom Brady not making it? He is one of the best QB's of our era and had a great season last year.

Steinbach may not have been the best guard or worthy of a pro-bowl in the AFC, I never said he was worthy of a pro-bowl, I'm saying that judging a player on the Pro-Bowl is ignorant and stupid IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
            tom brady turned it down, he got an invite though
            Ah, that is something I did not know...

I thought Rivers got invited over him, or am I mistaken?

Comment

Ah, that is something I did not know...

I thought Rivers got invited over him, or am I mistaken?
              no he declined, which is why vince young went. he had some type os injry i belive.

Originally posted by mythbusta
              i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
              who dey?

Comment

• being a browns fan i almost bought into this oh we may do good this year, but then i remembered one thing, we are the cleveland browns. And if you go back and look at all the times the browns were considered good they had one thing in common, an amazing running game and to be honest i have no confidence that jamal lewis will provide that for us. you have to remember that when he ran for 2k he got 500+ yards against cleveland because as always our run Defense is laughable. so like its already been stated until we can stop the run and make teams pass we have very slim chance of getting towards 500. (sidenote it is only may for cryin out loud, who knows how things are going to be come september, some things do change)

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
                  no he declined, which is why vince young went. he had some type os injry i belive.
                  Yeah I knew that about Rivers, but I thought initially that Rivers got invited over Brady but I'm probably wrong, I'm not a big fan of the pro-bowl, best players don't always get the first invite.

Comment

Are you serious? You ignored the entirety of my post, the point is you don't measure anything by pro-bowls, the moment Tony Romo made it I considered it a popularity contest, and then Tom Brady not making it? He is one of the best QB's of our era and had a great season last year.

Steinbach may not have been the best guard or worthy of a pro-bowl in the AFC, I never said he was worthy of a pro-bowl, I'm saying that judging a player on the Pro-Bowl is ignorant and stupid IMO.
                    Re-read what I said.
                    Alright so give me some other relatively objective statistical measurement showing he is an ELITE player. Just got your opinion? Thought so.

Comment

Re-read what I said.
                      Alright so give me some other relatively objective statistical measurement showing he is an ELITE player. Just got your opinion? Thought so.
                      "The $49.5 million man appears likely to begin his Browns career starting at the left guard spot."

Comment

"The $49.5 million man appears likely to begin his Browns career starting at the left guard spot."
                        So because he got overpaid that makes him great?

Comment

• Steinbach is good... Don't get me wrong. But he's no Hutchinson.

He can pass block with the best of them (except on Kimo) but he's not going to be a 'force' in the offensive line. He had tons of talent around him here and he was simply replacable.

I'm not saying the Browns made a mistake, they're doing the right thing in addressing their Oline first but Steinbach is just one piece of the puzzle.

Comment

• Thats the thing people are not getting. He played on a line with Levi Jones and Willie Anderson. Nows hes going to a team where hes the best guy on the line and not the 3rd best. Theres going to be a drop off in his play but it was still a good move imo because the browns line was that bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                              So because he got overpaid that makes him great?
                              Well, like the Ravens fan said, the opinions of the Browns organization and the other teams in the league that made his price tag go up doesn't matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                                Steinbach is good... Don't get me wrong. But he's no Hutchinson.

He can pass block with the best of them (except on Kimo) but he's not going to be a 'force' in the offensive line. He had tons of talent around him here and he was simply replacable.

I'm not saying the Browns made a mistake, they're doing the right thing in addressing their Oline first but Steinbach is just one piece of the puzzle.
                                Are you really putting the blame on Palmers knee on Steinbach?

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information