Air McNair Arrested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moses View Post
    That's a good point. It's going to be nearly impossible for a charge like this to stand up in court, especially with the amount of money McNair has.
    I really want to take a look at this statute now. Just for laughs.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
      Which makes it all the more ridiculous that he would be arrested for making a conscious effort to avoid driving drunk again. He should be applauded, imo.
      I don't know about that. A better effort would be to plan ahead and get a taxi, chaffeur, or whatever. That's the main cause of DUIs in my opinion. Lack of planning. I'm all for partying hard, but I'm responsible enough to realize that I need to plan my drives before I go out.

Comment

I really want to take a look at this statute now. Just for laughs.
        It would be good for a laugh I'm sure. Unfortunately, it's tough to find laws, statutes, etc. on the net, at least in my experience. I was recently trying to find out what the punishment if for assault (if the perpetrator is a minor) and I still haven't found it.

Comment

I don't know about that. A better effort would be to plan ahead and get a taxi, chaffeur, or whatever. That's the main cause of DUIs in my opinion. Lack of planning. I'm all for partying hard, but I'm responsible enough to realize that I need to plan my drives before I go out.
          Yeah, that would be ideal. You're right. But for the guy to be arrested for this when he obviously was making a conscious effort to keep from driving drunk.....
          I dunno. I mean, we don't know the whole story. For all we know, McNair could have known full well that his friend was drunk. He could have been sitting in the car talking about how you're not a real man unless you can drive with 12 drinks in you. I mean, I'm not necessarily on his side, because I wasn't there. But I'm just pointing out how ill-conceived that law is.

Comment

Yeah, that would be ideal. You're right. But for the guy to be arrested for this when he obviously was making a conscious effort to keep from driving drunk.....
            I dunno. I mean, we don't know the whole story. For all we know, McNair could have known full well that his friend was drunk. He could have been sitting in the car talking about how you're not a real man unless you can drive with 12 drinks in you. I mean, I'm not necessarily on his side, because I wasn't there. But I'm just pointing out how ill-conceived that law is.
            Right, I agree with you. Laws like that are more often than not more trouble than they're worth. From a philosophical standpoint, it doesn't make sense.

Comment

It would be good for a laugh I'm sure. Unfortunately, it's tough to find laws, statutes, etc. on the net, at least in my experience. I was recently trying to find out what the punishment if for assault (if the perpetrator is a minor) and I still haven't found it.
              Which brings up another point. They've pretty much got a law for every little thing today. But how many citizens know about more than an obvious handful of them? Shouldn't that be a given? Shouldn't all laws be common knowledge, and easily understood by the people which they govern? Seems each state/province would at least have an up to date database on the internet somewhere. Hell, for all I know I might be breaking the law by sitting here in my boxers with the window open.

Comment

Which brings up another point. They've pretty much got a law for every little thing today. But how many citizens know about more than an obvious handful of them? Shouldn't that be a given? Shouldn't all laws be common knowledge, and easily understood by the people which they govern? Seems each state/province would at least have an up to date database on the internet somewhere. Hell, for all I know I might be breaking the law by sitting here in my boxers with the window open.
                I agree completely. It is completely impossible for the average person to even begin to understand the basics of laws.

Comment

Ive never thought of McNair as a dumb guy. This maybe just a 1-time thing

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Well if he was drunk than he probably didn't realize his brother who was driving was drunk too. I won't get mad at him for being drunk but if his brother was supposed to be the designated driver then you got issues there.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Kinda off topic, but it's time like these when I like the Jaguars being obscure from the national media. We've had nearly as many arrests as the Bengals, yet no body gives a wink at it.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

What I want to know is why does he drive a 2003 Dodge pickup when he's got millions of dollars?

Comment

Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                          What I want to know is why does he drive a 2003 Dodge pickup when he's got millions of dollars?
                          Not everybody feels the need to be flashy. Plus, he's a country boy at heart. At least that's the impression I get.

Comment

It's his DUI car. Something inexpensive that he can write-off. Plus, it'll hold up well in an accident. ;)

Comment

Troy Polamalu drives a 2004 Kia Spectra.

not everyone gets pulled into the "We need a $15 Million dollar home and $4,000,000 car."

Troy Bought a house in Ligonier, PA for like $320k..

He's my favorite player because he's a star and he's not a complete ass, I met him at camp and he's an awesome guy.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I like how some people here think a DUI isn't a big deal.

Drunk drivers = scum bags.
                                Last edited by BUSTKUNTLAWL; 05-10-2007, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information