Lets do it like NFL Live

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFC SOUTH

Best Offseason move: Houston trading for Schuab...if it pans out. Otherwise, I'm really not sure.

Worst Offseason move: Tennessee not picking up any receivers for VY

Best Draft: Colts by far

Most Improved Player: LenDale White or Joseph Addai

Most Important Player: Peyton Manning obviously, but besides him, Byron Leftwich or VY is a close race

Hot Seat: The entire Jaguars team

Comment

NFC North

Best off-season move- Not a lot of movement in the North. No new coaches. No top free agents. I'd have to go with Lions drafting Calvin Johnson. ;)

Worst off season move- Non move. Green Bay not getting Randy Moss. Give up that third they drafted James Jones with.

Best Draft- Minnesota Vikings

Most Important Player- Rex Grossman

Most Improved Player - Stanley Wilson

Hot Seat- Rex Grossman

Comment

I think the Jaguars might have had the best draft - the Colts gave up a lot to trade up and around, while the Jaguars traded down for picks and still landed their guy in Nelson. I'm not sold that the Colts' mid-round defensive additions are going to contribute enough this year to repeat.

Comment

NFC East

Best off-season move- Ken Hamlin, subtle yet solid move.
          Worst off season move-Skins not getting a D-lineman.

Best Draft- Eagles

Most Important Player- Donovan McNabb

Most Improved Player - Jason Campbell

Hot Seat- Eli Manning-Bad Season and all of the bust chants will begin.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
            ESPN blows. Who cares? lol.

But I will play your game:

NFC East-

Best Offseason move- Leonard Davis and Reuben Droughns (by default, no one really did anything)

Worst Offseason move- No real moves in the divison

Best Draft- Dallas Cowboys

Worst Draft- Philidephia Eagles

Most Improved Player- Clinton Portis

Most Important Player- Tony Romo

Hot Seat- Tom Coughlin

Divison Winner- Dallas Cowboys
            Ugh....Dallas Fans...

^ bantx
            Originally posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER
            **** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
            Originally posted by Jughead10
            I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
              ESPN blows. Who cares? lol.

But I will play your game:

NFC East-

Best Offseason move- Leonard Davis and Reuben Droughns (by default, no one really did anything)

Worst Offseason move- No real moves in the divison

Best Draft- Dallas Cowboys

Worst Draft- Philidephia Eagles

Most Improved Player- Clinton Portis

Most Important Player- Tony Romo

Hot Seat- Tom Coughlin

Divison Winner- Dallas Cowboys
              Talk about homer Division winner Dallas Cowboys? Most improved last season Portis who missed half the season?? Probably Romo, and most important player is Dawkins, much more important then Romo IMO, and Kevin Curtis was a bigger move then Droughns LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                NFC East

Best off-season move- Ken Hamlin, subtle yet solid move.

Best Draft- Eagles

Most Improved Player - Jason Campbell

lol you sure you aren't an Eagles fan? We had the worst draft in the divison maybe just because of the reach on the Kolb pick even though we drafted mostly solid players and added a lot of depth, and I dont think McNabb is most important considering we made it to the playoffs without him last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                  NFC East

Best off-season move- Ken Hamlin, subtle yet solid move. Takeo Spikes to the Eagles? :D

Best Draft- Eagles
                  Smart, you understand the Eagles Needs
                  100% agreed.
                  Most Improved Player - Jason Campbell How in the hell is he the most improved??? I would have to give it to Westbrook he finally got his 1000 yard rushing season.. Or Shawn Andrews..Campbell didn't even play decent..leading his team to 1-6 and from what I remember basicly had 189 yards 2 int 1 td most of the time..

Read
                  ---------------------------

^ bantx
                  Originally posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER
                  **** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
                  Originally posted by Jughead10
                  I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".

Comment

NFC East

Best off-season move- Resigning of FAs (Gurode, O'Hara, Culumbo, Betts?)

Worst off season move- No one made such a horrible move to be put in here, so I will go Leonard Davis because of the guranteed $$$

Best Draft- I don't really like any of them, so I'll go homer and say Giants

Most Important Player- Brandon Jacobs, no one else is replacing a possible HoF, the Giants success rests on him, even more then Eli.

Most Improved Player- From last year, or throughout the year? If its throughout this year I think it will be 3rd WRs, Patrick Crayton, Sinorice Moss and Jason Avant.

Hot Seat- Donovan McNabb anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by LitoSheppard View Post
                      Read
                      ---------------------------
                      Actually if you read it most improved player is your projection for this season buddy.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

AFC West

Best off-season move- Denver added a bunch of talent, Graham, Henry, Bly.

Worst off season move- KC just lost another HOF on the O-line and didn’t really address the O-line this off-season like I thought they would.

Best Draft- Raiders, Drafted a franchise QB, got Zach Miller who will start a TE and could have steals with Moses and Bush.

Most Important Player- LT

Most Improved Player- Jay Cutler, he will most likely lead them to the playoffs.

Hot Seat- Norv Turner, Norv has one of the most talented teams in the league. He can't possibly mess this up or can he?
                        Taking a Knapp.

Comment

NFC South:

Best Off-season Move: The Saints picking up a starting corner in Jason David and only giving up a 4th round pick to do so.

Worst Off-season Move: Carolina releasing Keyshawn Johnson -- I love Dwayne Jarrett but I think he's going to stuggle in his rookie season basically leaving Steve Smith as a one-man show.

Best Draft: Atlanta Falcons. Their first three picks were absolutely sickening (even though I'm not high on Jamaal Anderson). I thought they had an incredible draft all the way through.

Most Important Player: Drew Brees. Michael Vick is a close, close second.

Most Improved Player: Hmm. Good question. I'm going to go with Thomas David from the Panthers.

Hot Seat: Jon Gruden.
                          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

NFC South:

Best off-season move: Tampa Bay signing Cato June, the perfect system linebacker for the Cover2
                            ***addition*** Carolina Panthers signing David Carr

Worst off-season move: Carolina letting Keyshawn walk when he would have been a great #2 still and would have showed a younger version of himself the ropes. (Steve can't show him everything because their styles are SO different)

Best Draft: Atlanta-the reason I give the Birds the edge here is they didn't reach for a prospect in the first round. Beason will flop in the NFL and will not be able to keep up. Anderson has potential to bust, but the more you look at his ability to rush the passer and how he's learned as much as he has in only 3 years, he has Hall of Fame potential IF he can stay healthy, and IF he continues to learn at this rate. Falcons got atLEAST 9 players in the draft who will make the team, but more than likely all 11 will end up on the opening day roster. 11/53 players...that's pretty impressive from 1 draft (even if some of them aren't great players, a draft where you can get that much depth helps build a franchise) Not to mention ATL's first 3 picks are day 1 starters, then with steals like David Irons (possible Nickel corner) and the guys they got who will contribute on Special Teams...wow.

Worst Draft - Tampa Bay - landing only 1 real big playmaker in Gaines Adams, who many feel was one of the safest picks in the draft, but after that they were gambling like crazy. They got a couple players I was SUPER high on as mid-late round guys who could come in and work their way into starting positions, but they went after them in rounds 2 and 3. Sabby in round 2? What? Black in round 3? What? I mean those guys I LOVE, but where they were selected boggles my mind as to what their draft board must have looked like. Don't get me wrong, they still had a very good draft, prolly a solid B- but when you compare it with the rest of the NFC South...they fall a little short. (But New Orleans was JUST ahead of them)

Most Important Player - C'mon Brees all the way.

Most Improved Player - Michael Boley - 2 years ago was a 5th round pick, he had a great season last year, and is poised to set the world on fire now. (I know it's kinda homerish, but it's my prediction to see him in Hawaii)

Hot Seat - Jon Gruden - he came in there and won a Super Bowl with Dungy's team, and he's been a rollercoaster ever since...if he doesn't bring back some stability, which he didn't do with this draft, then we could be seeing Chucky elsewhere. Not that he's not a good coach, he just hasn't ever really seemed to fit in Tampa to me...not with this version of he Bucs anyway.

Team who made the most improvement overall...has to be Atlanta or Tampa only because they had the most improvement to do, but Carolina really helped themselves too. NFC South looks like it's going to be a tough division yet again this year, and its stacking up to be whoever wins that division is going to be playing the NFC Championship game every year for a very VERY long time. I realize that in this bit I didn't mention the Saints, I think they were mostly silent this year, but improved themselves with their drafting of more weapons for Brees, but didn't have to do much splashing around to do it. This is a solid team that's pretty scary.
                            Last edited by iloxygenil; 05-10-2007, 10:51 PM.

Comment

NFC WEST

Best off-season move- niners getting darrell jackson for a fourth rounder

Worst off season move- seahawks giving up darrell jackson for a fourth rounder

Best Draft-niners, filled almost all of their needs

Most Important Player- shaun alexander, the seahawks can't really do anything offensively without shaun on the field

Most Improved Player- alex smith, came off of a shaky rookie campaign to emerge as somewhat of a leader

Hot Seat- matt leinart, dubbed "pro-ready" coming out of college and didn't do anything his rookie year even with the multitude of weapons at his disposal

ya, kinda homer for the niners but that is how i see it

Comment

Originally posted by Creek View Post
                                Yeah, so what, they got the best player out of anyone else in the division. What does that count for?

I think sometimes as draft fans we get too caught up in who got great steals and value for each pick, but in a division where I don't think anyone's draft was all that good the Redskins got a guy who'll start right away and should be very good for many years. I didn't say they had the deepest draft, just the best one. Dude.
                                Actually, we dont really know who got the best player in the division for all we know there is another Colston out there. With your logic essentially the team with the first pick will always have the best draft, or atleast better drafts than teams picking later in the draft (which btw is awful logic). I would say the redskins had by far the worst draft simply because they only had one first day pick. Overall it is impossible to rate a draft this early anyhow and it is complete silliness to do so. 50% of first round picks bust anyhow

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information