No announcement yet.

Afc West Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say that to argue that Walker is not a quality WR is ridiculous. He is quite good and I expect him to get better this season--sadly.

As for Sheffler, I'm not sure why everyone is sipping the koolaid on this guy. I know that Shanahan was really raving about the guy last preseason, but he is far from anything spectacular. I guess by default the Broncos are ahead of Oakland (which is fine) for the mere fact that the Raiders' TEs were utter crap for the exception of John Madsen who was not only because he didn't get that playing time. (for what it's worth, there is very little difference between Madsen and Sheffler's production last year--just saying)

On another note, had Daniel Graham not played for the golden team his first 5 years in the league, he would have been labeled a bust long ago. A big bust. He's barely scraped over the 400 yard mark once in his 5-year tenure--and that just doesn't cut it for a TE picked #21 overall. (and ahead of guys like Ed Reed and Clinton Portis) I know if Zach Miller put up that same production he would be considered a bust by myself and everyone else, and he was taken at #38.

Again though, because Miller has yet to step on the field and the lack of anything after him, I have to say the Raiders are #4 in this area until otherwise proven.

I guess what I'm saying is that far too much stock is put into "potential" when considering these ratings so far. There is absolutely no way that Scheffler and Graham rank over Tony Gonzalez. Are you kidding me?

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
      meh, no worries. your brethren had me riled up =P

regardless, i just want to repeat it for emphasis: the broncos secondary is not some incredible top 3 in the nfl unit. if we were looking at corners and safeties seperatly, then sure. together? not a chance in heck.
      Just wondering, what's your opinion on Bly?

I feel like I'm hurting my credibility by having to qualify my opinion on him, but in all honesty I haven't felt he was up in the top 10 CBs for quite some time. Since he's been in Detroit I guess.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
        he's likely not much worse than spragan, who started at the position for a couple of years while gold was in tampa.
        That is probably true. But as already stated, the other starting LB on the field (Gold now) isn't all that great at this point.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

And no, all these posts in a row have nothing to do with being just a few hundred posts ahead of you, njx. :P

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
            I think freakin’ Denver is gonna win the west
            Originally posted by bored of education View Post
            why not?

LT, LJ, Gates, Cutler, Champ, Asomungha(sp.) I still can't spell his name right.

It doesn't get much better than this
            Originally posted by Aftermath View Post
            Yes, it does not get any better than Tomlinson and Bailey.
            It's kind of a bummer to go from the NFC East thread to this thread. There is a real lack of quality, thought-out posts. I'm not bashing the stances being taken, but the lack of meaty posts like found in the NFC East thread or the the NFC South thread.

To answer Bored of Education's question, it is "Nnamdi Asomugha".

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
              let's rank the top unit of each category by team...

RB-1.SD- LT and Neal don't need to say more..
              2.KC-LJ is a beast
              3. OAK- Give the edge to the Jordan/Rhodes duo because both when clicking are solid performer running and catching the ball.
              4.DEN- Henry is a solid starter, but I'm not sold on Mike Bell...

WR-1.OAK- Despite the loss of Moss this group still has potential w/ Porter, Curry, Williams, Gabriel, Higgins and Morant.
              2.DEN- Walker, Marshall, Smith and Stokley could be solid.
              3.SD- Davis could shine, Jackson, Floyd, Parker.
              4.KC-Bowe, Kennison, Parker, Hannon, Gardner- solid potential...

OL-1.SD- Hardwick, McNeil, Dielman anchor solid line.
              2. DEN- Doesn't even matter who they field, they will cut people down and get Henry to 1,000 plus.
              3.OAK- Gutsy call, but w/ the change of the scheme and shuffling Gallery and Sims and adding Carlisle and Newberry who are both ZBS experienced this line could surprise.
              4.KC-Aging and replacing Pro-Bowlers with what's left over. Waters and Wiegmann will need to step it up as leaders for some of the younger guys. Macintosh is one the only other long tnured vets.
              Ranking Oakland ahead of Denver in the run game is kinda silly. Oaklands offense was horrible last year, so thinking they will make that kind of leap is a pipe dream. Denver is a lock to have a 1,000 yds rushing every year and they upgraded that with Henry who had a good year with the Titans. Jordan and Rhodes are both servicable backs and together they can be solid, but unfortunately in this division a running game that is average means your 4th best.

And I think Denver would also have to be a lock for the WR category seeing as how they have the only #1 WR in the division. The Raiders are definitely #2 there seeing as how they have a trio of guys that are really good #2's and KC and SD don't really have much at WR.

I do agree with your OL rankings. I don't think the Raiders line will be great or anything, but the additions of coaches and players that they made should make the line mediocre which would be a huge improvement. KC lost their starting LT and I believe they also lost their future HOF G Shields, so I expect them to struggle big time this year.
              Last edited by Stash; 05-16-2007, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Thanks Nip
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

SubNoize Henry and Bell together are better than Rhodes and Jordan at this moment. javon walkeris the best WR in the division and porter and whoever havent dont anything.

And Qb wise I dunno toss up
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

SubNoize Henry and Bell together are better than Rhodes and Jordan at this moment. javon walkeris the best WR in the division and porter and whoever havent dont anything.

Well, Porter did have 998 yards and 9 touchdowns while being #1 for about 8 games.

Curry put up solid numbers in 2004 and last year.

You are just not knowledgeful of the Raiders wideouts.

Comment

I think Raiders WRs will be fine, Porter can play at a high level when he wants and if Ronald Curry would have just started the season as the #2 WR he would have gotten 1,000 yards on that awful offense. Art Shell had no clue how to use him.

However, I do agree Javon Walker is still the best WR in the west. Actually Denver has the best WR unit in the west.
                      Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Damon Huard MVP!

Comment

I agree with you on that Mike Bell and Travis Henry are better than Jordan and Rhodes at the moment. Considering Henry and Bell have a better line to run behind, and Jordan and Rhodes don't. I'd pry give the better QB to Jay Cutler.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Why did everyone misinterpret what the categories were??? It's a personnel thing, not which unit will finish better... Obviously Denver will put more yardage up in the run game b/c of their line... But Henry is mediocre, and Mike Bell could only have success if he stayed behind that line. I think Jordan/Rhodes oversahdow Henry and I'd even say Bush or Fargas are probably better than Bell at this point. Did't say Porter torching Champ made him tops, but clearly proves he's able to play at an elite level. Javon Walker would be # 3 in Det, AZ, Indy,# 2 in Cincy, Buff, Sea, NE, Dal, NO, STL, Hou should I go on? He's solid starting but is not an elite #1, all I have been trying to say... as for NJX, you're pompous as hell and you think you "own" people, but dude it's the internet, wow what a great thing to have acomplished, and your "every" and "any" mad no sense, no matter what context you were going for, I graduated salutatorian in my high school class of 897 seniors, and I'm in Pharmacy college, but damn those elementary schools of mine...

Comment

Who would you guys say has the best overall defense in the AFC West?

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

KC easily has the best D.......

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information