Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afc West Thread

why not?

LT, LJ, Gates, Cutler, Champ, Asomungha(sp.) I still can't spell his name right.

It doesn't get much better than this
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Yes, it does not get any better than Tomlinson and Bailey.

Sig by yours truly.

Comment

my favorite players in the afc west

cutler, bailey, dj willians, asomugha, michael huff, antonio cromartie,

Comment

I think freakin’ Denver is gonna win the west
        Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
          I think freakin’ Denver is gonna win the west
          i hope your right ;)

Comment

Chargers
            Worst case scenario 8-8
            Best Case 14-2
            Probable Record
            12-

Broncos
            Worst case scenario 6-10
            Best Case 13-3
            Probable Record
            9-7

Chiefs
            Worst case scenario 6-10
            Best Case 10-6
            Probable Record
            8-8

Raiders
            Worst case scenario 4-12
            Best Case 12-4
            Probable Record
            8-8

Comment

I think Denver will win it as well I'm not a fan of the coaching staff in SD at all I know the players play the games but that is a lot of turn over in one off season.

Comment

This division will be wide open and 9 or 10 wins could take it all. San Diego paniced and fired Shoty and hired (UGH) Turner to lead the team. Look for San Diego to take a small step backwards this year to maybe 9 or 10 wins and then fall apart in year 2 of Turner. 9 or 10 might still get the job done for this season.

Denver has a lot of the pieces in place but also has a lot of holes with huge question marks. This team could come together quickly but IMO, are probably a year away from being a really solid contender. Will go as far as their defense will allow them. 9 or 10 wins.

Kansas City. Very hard team to figure out! It's a team in transition that needs time to rebuild. I see 6 wins in their coming season. Just too many question marks all around.

Oakland will get a lot of press about being vastly improved but the truth of the matter is that QB's who leave for the draft in their junior year are simply not ready for the NFL. I have no doubt that Russell will be great in about 2 or 3 years but not next season. I cannot see more than 4 wins for next year but the division had better look out because with another top 5 pick, this team could be on its way to be a serious Super Bowl threat in about 3 years when all that talent begins to mature. Hopefully, Kiffin works out and can stand up to the pressure of another bad season otherwise Davis will again be looking for a new HC within 2 seasons.

Basically, the AFC West is in for a poor season. Just too many question marks for anybody to take this division seriously.
                And proud of it!!!

Comment

I see San Diego taking the division at 10-6 or 11-5, despite losing most their coaching staff they had solid guys step in and Norv may have a losing record as a HC but he's never had this much talent on the field either, this coming from a Raiders fan.
                  I'm not sold on Denver being a consensus playoff team. Al Wilson was the leader of the D, and I know Williams is moving to the middle, but outside of him the LB core looks mediocre. The D-Line is hit or miss as well, at the end of the season they fell apart and you can't rely on rookies to make an amazing turnaround here. The secondary looks solid up front but Lynch is aging and I honestly don't know who plays opposite of him. Champ and Bly are solid. The offense could improve as far as the run game, but i think Denver still lacks any depth behind Walker at WR. they need to run a lot of 2 TE sets with the addition of Graham. 9-7
                  Oakland can't get any worse than they were last season. They have a Great D that will be top 5 in the NFL. Offensive line is their biggest concern still, they've added some depth with Carlisle and Newberry, and Henderson could come around to provide good competition. The line has gone froma barbaric scheme to a ZBS and the offense is rumored to be a hybrid West Coast offense which is needed instead of those dreaded 7 step drops. QB is also a concern, McCown and Walter are two guys who've never had a good line, they show glimpses of being solid, but you'll never know until we see the line play. WR is a toss-up. Porter has been good, but will the year off hurt him? Curry is really the only reliable threat here. Can the running game gel with splitbacks? 7-9
                  The Chiefs are in trouble. They lost a lot on the offensive line and didn't add much, and it's still aging. They added Bowe to the WR corp that is thin and traded away Dante Hall who was obviously aging. Speaking of aging Kennison is no spring chicken either. Can Parker step it up? Does LJ feel welcome here anymore after the trading block rumor? Is he tired after all those carries? Law is solid but aging, and so is Surtain. Huard or Croyle? Can either handle a full season? Too many questions and this team is only getting older, llok for a tough season in KC. 5-11 or 6-10

Comment

how is dj williams, ian gold anywhere close to mediocre linebacking corps, regardless of the 3rd guy? do your research

Comment

ian gold is average at best, I gave credit to williams, but the LB core is mediocre at best, get over it and do some research of your own...

Comment

Brandon Marshall will be the best #2 WR in the division. Walker will probably be the best #1, as well. Cutler 2nd best QB. Henry 3rd best RB. OL 2nd best. Scheffler will be 3rd best, but only because arguable the league's 2 best TEs are in the division, but Scheffler is VERY good, make no mistake. D-Line, 4th, they suck. LB corps will be worse than last year, but not bad. Corners will be better, since even with all the rooks, the pass rush should improve a bit. Safeties suck. I think we'll be in the top-2, I'd put likely 10-11 wins for us. We'll be better than last year(last year we were MUCH worse than the record suggested).

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I don't think Marshall will be anywhere close to being the best #2 in that division, Curry will probably take that honor. Walker is a possibility as the best #1, but honestly there isn't much competition, Porter being the closest thing if he performs like he can... Scheffler is solid, but also take into consideration that he will be splitting time and may not put up big stats, that's why Henry will proably be 3rd in rushing, but OAK combined total could be higher. D line is possibly 3rd as KCs will be bad missing Allen for 4 games. LBs will be 3-4 depending on KC. #1 corners for Den. Bad S for sure though. I think Denver may get a wild card at 9-7 maybe 10 wins if Cutler performs well, but will not win the division.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                            I don't think Marshall will be anywhere close to being the best #2 in that division, Curry will probably take that honor. Walker is a possibility as the best #1, but honestly there isn't much competition, Porter being the closest thing if he performs like he can... Scheffler is solid, but also take into consideration that he will be splitting time and may not put up big stats, that's why Henry will proably be 3rd in rushing, but OAK combined total could be higher. D line is possibly 3rd as KCs will be bad missing Allen for 4 games. LBs will be 3-4 depending on KC. #1 corners for Den. Bad S for sure though. I think Denver may get a wild card at 9-7 maybe 10 wins if Cutler performs well, but will not win the division.
                            Yeah, I think it's possible, but not likely we win the division. As for Marshall, he was surprisingly good last year, although nobody really hears of Denver players anymore anyway:P. So we'll have to see.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

As a fan of THE Chiefs of Kansas City this is how is see the finals standings:

Denver 12-4
                              San Diego 10-6
                              Kansas City 9-7
                              Oakland 5-11

OROY: Buster Davis- 65 receptions, 880 yards, 7 TDS (my sorta comparison: Eddie Kennison?)
                              DROY: Tim Crowder- 37 tackles, 7 sacks, 2 def, FF, 10 TFL(my sorta comparison: John Abraham?)
                              Sleeper rookies: Brandon Thomas, Anthony Waters, Johhnie Lee Higgins

DPOY: Nnandi Asomugha(spelling SOMEONE SPELL THIS GUYS NAME FOR ME)- 55 tackles, 7 ints, 1 Td, 1 FF
                              OPOY: Larry Johnson, 345 carries, 1545 yrds, 16 TDS, 4.48 ypc, 35 rec, 420 yrds, 3 tds

Breakout players?
                              Offensively: Brandon Marshall, Chris Hannon, Brodie Croyle, Vincent Jackson
                              Defensive: Jarrad Page, Antonio Cromartie, Isiah Ekejiuba (I played prep footbal with this freak of nature)
                              Last edited by bored of education; 05-12-2007, 04:36 PM. Reason: trying to spell that CB's name from oakland without having to look it up..but then I looked it up
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information