No announcement yet.

Favre asked to be traded!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this in the Packers forum last night. http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=604780 He is upset that we didn't get Moss when he would restructure his contract and it would only cost a fourth. I am pissed about that. Sure I like Barbre but I would much rather have Moss, hell I would have gave a third for him. That being said I don't believe that he really wants out and am 99% sure he won't be traded.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
      How about....Favre for McNabb? At first it seems like a Madden-only trade but....I'm telling you I wouldn't be shocked. Favre tutors Kolb for a year or two, McNabb gets to be the treated better than crap again.
      You wish, McNabb has a good 5-6 years left.

Comment

He's basically just doing what everyone else in Packerland has been doing, sending a message to Ted Thompson that he doesn't believe in what he's doing. It's just when Favre talks, everybody is drawn to listen.

Comment

After rereading the article and the article I posted Glazer is putting words in Bretts mouth. I don't think there is truth to this. Obviously Favre is upset, but I doubt he is demanding a trade. Also if there was that big of news on a guy that we idolize here in Wisconsin the local sites would be all over it, and they would have got it a lot faster than foxsports. Everywhere else is just reporting he's unhappy, if he demanded a trade it'd be all over the net, not just that one site.

Comment

It was probably some comment like "well they might as well trade me at this point", just a small comment.

Comment

Ya, I don't believe he asked for a trade. He has repeatedly said he doesn't want to play anywhere else but Green Bay. If he was as upset as that article made him out to be, he would have just retired. Is he frustrated, who wouldn't be?
              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

We've received several e-mails over the past week or so suggesting that message board postings from an administrator named "DavidPHX" on Brett Favre's official web site indicate that Favre has asked for a trade. "DavidPHX" has been characterized to us by multiple readers as a long-time Favre friend.

In response to a rumor that Favre has asked to be traded in the wake of the Randy Moss mess, DavidPHX posted on May 5, "Sorry Folks but I can't deny this rumor."
                http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Interesting to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
                  http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Interesting to say the least.
                  Reading some of the posts he made, that David guys seems like a crock.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

I am not a fan of Farve, but I am siding with him. He has made enough money to ride off in the sunset and do so met hing else, but he sticks it around for the team, for himseself and for the fans and how does he get thanked? Baulking up the moss deal and not drafting any significant help.

You put moss on that team, it's a playoff team. was almost one ithout him last year.

like I said, i'm not his biggest fan, but if I am say, Carolina or Denver or Miamii.. teams a QB away from being a serious threat, he is not a sluch by ay strech of the imgination.

Comment

Originally posted by songofthesword View Post
                      I am not a fan of Farve, but I am siding with him. He has made enough money to ride off in the sunset and do so met hing else, but he sticks it around for the team, for himseself and for the fans and how does he get thanked? Baulking up the moss deal and not drafting any significant help.

You put moss on that team, it's a playoff team. was almost one ithout him last year.

like I said, i'm not his biggest fan, but if I am say, Carolina or Denver or Miamii.. teams a QB away from being a serious threat, he is not a sluch by ay strech of the imgination.
                      Miami is not a QB away, and Denver won't bench Cutler now, Carolina would take him but they aren't much closer to a Superbowl than we are. Baltimore would actually be the best place he could end up ifor a SB, but I highly doubt he's anywhere but Green Bay next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                        Reading some of the posts he made, that David guys seems like a crock.
                        He's the site admin of Brett Favre's official website. You think he's just making it all up as well? *shrugs*

Comment

i beleive it said that his teamates confirmed he wants out, but i dont really see an ideal fit for him anywhere, if he wants out of green bay then he probably he wants to play for a team that has a chance at a superbowl ring.
                          songofthesword, i doubt denver will take favre, were going with cutler this year

edit - i could see maybe tampa bay, cleveland, the jets, or maybe possibly by some stretch he ends up back in atlanta...
                          Last edited by ripdw27; 05-13-2007, 02:29 PM.
                          Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
                          I smoke ten blunts before lunch
                          Gucci Mane

Comment

could we trade him to Dallas? I think this is started by someone to fast forward the offseason.

BTW, is Moss under contract for only one year?

Comment

Originally posted by ripdw27 View Post
                              i beleive it said that his teamates confirmed he wants out, but i dont really see an ideal fit for him anywhere, if he wants out of green bay then he probably he wants to play for a team that has a chance at a superbowl ring.
                              songofthesword, i doubt denver will take favre, were going with cutler this year

edit - i could see maybe tampa bay, cleveland, the jets, or maybe possibly by some stretch he ends up back in atlanta...
                              Ok, Tampa is in a worse situation than us, Cleveland is too and they just drafted Brady Quinn, and if they give up on Vick it'll be for a young guy to take over and definetly not this year. The teams that would take him are no closer to a Super Bowl than the Packers.

Comment

Good luck getting anything but a backup gig on any other team in the NFL, Brett. You're lucky the Packers haven't had the balls to move on yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information