Who is #1 Player for each Position?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
    Harrison is way too soft for my liking. Get physical with him and he disappears
    WOW, what a stupid statement.

If this was true then he wouldn't be able to put up monster numbers in EVERY season.

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
      ok well if u dont judge a LB by tkls then what do u judge him by? what does a LB have to do to be the best besides be 6'4 250 and wear number 54 and play for the bears
      Stupid statement. Leadership, impact plays, clutch-ness, pass defense, ability to get the D off the field....a number of intagibles that aren't statistics.

Tackles are a way to judge a LB, jesus I didn't say they weren't, but you haven't made any points aside from those that Thomas has had more tackles, which could be chalked up to less talent around him then Urlacher, which has allowed him to get more tackles.

EDIT: Also, for the record I'm not saying ZT isn't a good, top 5 linebacker....I just don't think he's number one, or that there is even a clear cut number one linebacker.

Comment

QB- Peyton Manning
        RB- LT
        FB- Lorenzo Neal
        WR- Marvin Harrison
        TE- Antonio Gates
        OT- Orlando Pace
        OG- Alan Faneca
        C- Olin Kruetz

DE- Julius Peppers
        DT- John Henderson
        NT- Jamal Williams
        OE- Jason Taylor
        5DE- Richard Seymour
        RLB- Shawne Merriman
        OLB- Julian Peterson
        MLB- Brian Urlacher
        ILB- Zach Thomas
        CB- Champ Bailey
        S- Ed Reed

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
          Stupid statement. Leadership, impact plays, clutch-ness, pass defense, ability to get the D off the field....a number of intagibles that aren't statistics.

Tackles are a way to judge a LB, jesus I didn't say they weren't, but you haven't made any points aside from those that Thomas has had more tackles, which could be chalked up to less talent around him then Urlacher, which has allowed him to get more tackles.
          Well Miami consistently has a top 5 defense, so it isn't really talent. Tackles aren't the best way to evaluate LBs though, it's part of the convo, but like all stats it's not all of it.

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
            Well Miami consistently has a top 5 defense, so it isn't really talent. Tackles aren't the best way to evaluate LBs though, it's part of the convo, but like all stats it's not all of it.
            True, Chicago does as well, so that might be more of an irrelevant point...like I said I won't lie I haven't done a lot of research going into this conversation so I won't pretend to be an expert on that...

My main irritation with this argument is that it has revolved around nothing but statistics.

Comment

so ur sayin BL is a better leader, makes more impact plays, and all that stuff then ZT? how can u prove that? u dont kno if BL or ZT is a good leader. they probley both r but there sure isnt a way to prove who is more of a leader. how could BU make more impact plays when he doesnt make as many plays as ZT. obviously is thomas is makin more tkls then he is makin more plays simply cuz of odds if anything...i mean 20 some odd more tkls this past season means 20 some odd more chances to make an impact play...

Comment

True, Chicago does as well, so that might be more of an irrelevant point...like I said I won't lie I haven't done a lot of research going into this conversation so I won't pretend to be an expert on that...

My main irritation with this argument is that it has revolved around nothing but statistics.
                thats cuz stats are the only thing u can prove...like i said u can prove who is a better leader or any of the other intangibles u listed

Comment

so ur sayin BL is a better leader, makes more impact plays, and all that stuff then ZT? how can u prove that? u dont kno if BL or ZT is a good leader. they probley both r but there sure isnt a way to prove who is more of a leader. how could BU make more impact plays when he doesnt make as many plays as ZT. obviously is thomas is makin more tkls then he is makin more plays simply cuz of odds if anything...i mean 20 some odd more tkls this past season means 20 some odd more chances to make an impact play...
                  He is just saying that there are more than tackles when it comes to judging LBs.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

Okay I really don't want to be a spelling nazi here, but you have to type neater so I can understand your argument.

It's not an easy thing to prove, but in terms of being a leader, you could look at how Urlacher led a defense that carried the team to the Super Bowl. He wasn't the only factor in that, but he sure as hell helped.

Besides, those weren't all categories I said urlacher is better in. I said there are other ways then tackles to judge a player, which you refused to admit.

And don't give me any odds BS like that, thats ridiculous, 20 more tackles means nothing considering impact plays don't have to be tackles, they could be deflected passes, taking on a blocker that freed up a teamate to make a tackle, anything like that.

Comment

thats cuz stats are the only thing u can prove...like i said u can prove who is a better leader or any of the other intangibles u listed
                      You can prove stats, but they don't mean the whole thing. Whatever though, you seem convicned its the only way of measuring a player.

Comment

if u cant read what i said then ur ignorant or tryin to be funny cuz im willin to bet nobody else has trouble reading it...and just cuz they went to the super bowl doesnt mean he is a better leader...is rex grossman a better leader then other qbs cuz he 'led' the bears to the super bowl?

Comment

You can prove stats, but they don't mean the whole thing. Whatever though, you seem convicned its the only way of measuring a player.
                          one thing u have yet to do is tell me 1 single thing that u kno for a fact that BU is better then ZT....im just askin for 1 that u kno for sure

Comment

if u cant read what i said then ur ignorant or tryin to be funny cuz im willin to bet nobody else has trouble reading it...and just cuz they went to the super bowl doesnt mean he is a better leader...is rex grossman a better leader then other qbs cuz he 'led' the bears to the super bowl?
                            No...but punctuation, capitalizing errors, and common sense grammatical mistakes makes things easier to understand, not that I couldn't figure it out.

Um, as far as the leadership/SB thing, I said there were other factors it was just one thing. And no, it wouldn't make Rex a better QB, I said it was the defense that got them there, so that is certainly in Urlachers argument.

Jesus, just back off your ridiculous idea that stats are the only way to judge a player....they're not.

Comment

I did not know that I needed to write my post with the same care that I write my english papers.

Comment

one thing u have yet to do is tell me 1 single thing that u kno for a fact that BU is better then ZT....im just askin for 1 that u kno for sure
                                Could've been included in your other post, didn't need to make a second just for this, but fine.

One thing Urlacher does better is cover the pass....since you said for a fact the only thing I can use as a fact is stats, since everything else is opinion (like it should be). But urlacher is better in coverage then Thomas, last year he had 3 interceptions to Thomas' 0, and over the past 3 years he has 4 to Thomas' 2.

But I'm not aruging stats, the rest is opinion and you can debate it however you want...but you started off and continued your argument solely on stats, which is why I got in this argument in the first place, not neccesarily because I feel strongly about either player, just that personally I see Urlacher to be the better player, based on how I view his intagibles.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information