Your Breakout 07 Rookies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Breakout 07 Rookies

Which rookies this season do you think will fare the best?

Mine:
    Calvin Johnson
    Gaines Adams
    Marshawn Lynch
    Paul Posluzny
    Darrelle Revis

Thats my top 5 imo I think Peterson will do well in platoon with Taylor but will really breakout the next year. I think Lynch could have a rookie season similiar to of what Caddy had. There are a couple of guys who I think need to learn their systems first before they breakout (Willis, Landry).

LaRon Landry will be a top 10 safety in the NFL from the first snap.

I also get the feeling, for some reason, that Brandon Jackson is going to have a really good rookie year.

List:
    Landry
    Jackson
    CJ
    Joe Thomas
    Dwayne Bowe
    Chris Henry
    The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post

I also get the feeling, for some reason, that Brandon Jackson is going to have a really good rookie year.

List:
      Landry
      Jackson
      CJ
      Joe Thomas
      Dwayne Bowe
      Chris Henry
      the workout warrior who never produced?

My list wold be, in no order:

Willis
      CJ
      Landry
      Lynch
      Peterson
      Thomas
      Weddle
      Blalock

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
        the workout warrior who never produced?
        That's the one.

I don't see LenDale White doing too much this year. Somebody's got to get the carries in Tennessee, and they thought highly enough of the workout warrior to take him in the 2nd round.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

um. doubtful.
          gregg williams has been slacking. and with his apparent failure at archuleta. i'm not 100% sure that it's back to normal.
          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
            um. doubtful.
            gregg williams has been slacking. and with his apparent failure at archuleta. i'm not 100% sure that it's back to normal.
            Are you comparing Archuleta's talent to Landry's?

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

That's the one.

I don't see LenDale White doing too much this year. Somebody's got to get the carries in Tennessee, and they thought highly enough of the workout warrior to take him in the 2nd round.
              And everybody has been wondering why ever since.
              I agree he'll break out, but for Henry, production wise, a 3.8 YPC and 500 yds would be considered 'breaking out'

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                And everybody has been wondering why ever since.
                I agree he'll break out, but for Henry, production wise, a 3.8 YPC and 500 yds would be considered 'breaking out'
                Eh... guys sometimes end up being better in the pros than they were in college. I don't know what the problem with Henry was at Arizona, but whatever it was, it's correctable. For whatever reason, he never got many carries. The man has all the tools.

Besides, somebody's got to get the carries in Tennessee, and like I said, LenDale isn't going to get the bulk IMO. I could see something like 225 carries for 875 yards (3.9 avg) with 6-8 TDs for Henry. I think he'll be one of the most productive rookies based solely on the backfield situation on his team. Same goes for Brandon Jackson.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Iíll throw out some mid/late round guys

Ikaika Alama-Francis, could end up starting. Lions need better talent on the field he could surprise.

Quentin Moses, Could also end up starting and will be playing opposite Burgess, and with Burgess taking up most of the double teams Moses can make a big impact.

Ben Patrick, Iím shocked he fell so far, more offense for the Cards, might even push to start

Prescott Burgess, He will be this years verison of Landry for the Ravens.
                  Taking a Knapp.

Comment

None FIrst Rounders:
                    Poz
                    Turk McBride will be solid.
                    Tim Crowder
                    Jason Hill
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                      None FIrst Rounders:
                      Poz
                      Turk McBride will be solid.
                      Tim Crowder
                      Jason Hill
                      I'm going to cry my eyes out if Poz is any good.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Look at me! I'm going to write down the names of players taken in the top 45 picks, and I'm going to call them breakout players, even though they're SUPPOSED to contribute right away...

I give credit to Bored for at least trying.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Lynch will have a big impact. I hope Zack Miller proves him self in the preseason/minicamps so he can be a starter.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Marcus McCauley - A steal in the 3rd round, has to potential to be really good, or really bad.

Laurent Robinson - Starting alongside Joe Horn and Michael Jenkins, will not see great coverage and will have the oppurtunity to make big plays.

Dwayne Jarrett - With Steve Smith constantly double-covered, I believe he can consistently be found open.

Yamon Figurs - Will make an immediate "Devin Hester like" impact as a returner. (not as good as Devin, but I can see around 3 TDs and a ton of yards)

Michael Bush - If healthy, is a huge playmaker, and with the supposed rejuvination of the Raiders offense, I believe he'll have a chance to make those plays.

Charles Johnson - Was projected to go late 1-2, and ended up in the 3rd. He can both rush the pass and stop the run, and if he starts, he can make some plays.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              Look at me! I'm going to write down the names of players taken in the top 45 picks, and I'm going to call them breakout players, even though they're SUPPOSED to contribute right away...

I give credit to Bored for at least trying.
                              So you wouldn't call the likes of Vince Young, Demeco Ryans, and Maurice Jones-Drew breakout players last season??

Whether or not they're supposed to contribute right away is irrelevant. Every year, there is a small group of rookies who stand head and shoulders above the rest. This is what this thread is all about. Expecting people to try and name the next Colston is a bit unrealistic, if that's what you meant. In any case, I'm sorry that you felt the need to throw in your pompously uncalled-for two cents.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information