Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Not Allowed To Attend Mandatory Minicamp

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=607420

This is pretty stupid. Players should never be forced to miss practices.

I think it is absolutely unconscionable. The players make their money on the field and on the practice field. It is clearly in the player's best interests to attend the camp. I don't undertstand what the union is doing.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

The NFL has to do everything in its power to appease the companies that pay them big dollars for licensing. It's sad, but this is what the nature of the beast has become.
      The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        I think it is absolutely unconscionable. The players make their money on the field and on the practice field. It is clearly in the player's best interests to attend the camp. I don't undertstand what the union is doing.
        It's terrible, especially because Jackson is a rookie. There's nothing that would benefit him more than being in camp with his teammates so he can learn and compete for a spot on the team.

Comment

yeah its just stupid i hope this brings some attention to the issue and Goodell and the NFLPA and all of them get on the ball and make sure there is nothing like this that would stop players from coming to practice.

Comment

IMo he should go to Hw and say the hell with it.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Its not just Jackson, there are 35 (I think?) players that have been prohibited from attending mini-camp. I believe its all first rounders and or each teams first pick.

Comment

That is pretty stupid. I don't understand why the NFL can't reschedule the Rookie Premier to another time where NFL teams aren't having their mandatory mini-camps.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by JF4 View Post
                  That is pretty stupid. I don't understand why the NFL can't reschedule the Rookie Premier to another time where NFL teams aren't having their mandatory mini-camps.
                  Well, in the NFL's defense, the Lions, Bears, Packers, and Colts are the only teams with mini-camps this week

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

to bad. i'd understand a long time veteran, but not a rookie. this will delay his learning...tough break/stupidity

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Sucks for him. i'll go their for him and make 12 gs though.
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                        Well, in the NFL's defense, the Lions, Bears, Packers, and Colts are the only teams with mini-camps this week
                        Exactly. If you're that worried about, don't schedule a mini-camp this week. It's not like they didn't know about this well in advance.

Then again I guess next weekend would have conflicted with Brittany Favre's graduation.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

PACKERS COULD HAVE MOVED THEIR MINICAMP

A league source tells us that the Green Bay Packers could have moved the dates of this weekend's mandatory minicamp after it became clear that there was a conflict this weekend with the 2007 Rookie Premier Photo Shoot -- and that the L.A. event for 35 hand-picked incoming players is a rock and the minicamp is scissors.

Instead, the camp stayed put as originally scheduled, and second-round draft pick Brandon Jackson (the possible season-opening starter at tailback) won't be able to participate.

Per the source, other teams moved their camps once the issue became obvious several weeks ago. The Lions, for example, convened on Tuesday through Thursday, even though (as we understand it) they were initially slated to have a full-squad camp over the weekend.

As a result, the Lions were able to have access to receiver Calvin Johnson.

And maybe that's why the Packers have deferred all comment on the issue to Jackson and his agent; there's nothing that the Packers can really say about this one, because by all appearances it's a problem that could have been avoided with better planning.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                            PACKERS COULD HAVE MOVED THEIR MINICAMP

A league source tells us that the Green Bay Packers could have moved the dates of this weekend's mandatory minicamp after it became clear that there was a conflict this weekend with the 2007 Rookie Premier Photo Shoot -- and that the L.A. event for 35 hand-picked incoming players is a rock and the minicamp is scissors.

Instead, the camp stayed put as originally scheduled, and second-round draft pick Brandon Jackson (the possible season-opening starter at tailback) won't be able to participate.

Per the source, other teams moved their camps once the issue became obvious several weeks ago. The Lions, for example, convened on Tuesday through Thursday, even though (as we understand it) they were initially slated to have a full-squad camp over the weekend.

As a result, the Lions were able to have access to receiver Calvin Johnson.

And maybe that's why the Packers have deferred all comment on the issue to Jackson and his agent; there's nothing that the Packers can really say about this one, because by all appearances it's a problem that could have been avoided with better planning.
                            Exactly. .

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

This is disgraceful. A player wants to make the right choice and go to mini-camp, but the NFL won't let him?

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information