Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    Who got to the SuperBowl?
    The Bears and Colts, neither of which Eli Manning plays for.

Comment

Originally posted by frisby213 View Post
      If you hadn't noticed, I included (or just too inexperienced) after POOR for that VERY reason. I can't justify putting him above the people ahead of him, because he's too young. The only exceptions were the big 3 drafted the same year: Vince, Leinart, and Cutler.

...well, and Romo, too, I suppose. But he, unlike JP, has the benefit of playing on a better team.
      So, VY, Leinart and Cutler SHOULDN'T be unter the "just too inexperienced" list? Losman has started more games than all of those guys.

Losman played well enough last season to bump him up to your "average" list, IMO.
      The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Favre Top 10 :)

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
          So, VY, Leinart and Cutler SHOULDN'T be unter the "just too inexperienced" list? Losman has started more games than all of those guys.

Losman played well enough last season to bump him up to your "average" list, IMO.
          Problem is, I see Jake and Alex Smith as better in terms of quality or potential right now, and I want to have more than like 2 people in my POOR list. Your point is definitely taken though, and that early 20s area was by far the hardest part for me to list.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
            So you don't think it's impressive that a guy who was supposed to take three years to start not only wins Rookie Of The Year but becomes the leader of his team? A rookie quarterback being the leader of his team is unheard of. You're completely leaving out the mental side of football. Without Vince Young the Titans would have won three games at best. He single-handedly brought that team from the gutter to the near playoffs. I'm not saying he's top five or top ten but he's top fifteen for sure and a better player than Eli Manning at this point.
            Who in the world said it'd take 3 years for him to start? Btw, Rex Grossman became a leader early in his career as well as our starting QB, should we make him MVP while we're at it?

Vince has pretty much done everything with his legs. A low 50% completion percentage and a 66.6 QB rating is not to good for calling a guy a top 15 QB.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

The Bears and Colts, neither of which Eli Manning plays for.
              That wasn't my argument. You said Vince won games, well so did Rex.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

No, the Bears' defense won games.

Comment

Who in the world said it'd take 3 years for him to start? Btw, Rex Grossman became a leader early in his career as well as our starting QB, should we make him MVP while we're at it?

Vince has pretty much done everything with his legs. A low 50% completion percentage and a 66.6 QB rating is not to good for calling a guy a top 15 QB.
                  Just about every analyst in the football world said it would take three years. Rex Grossman was never the leader of the Bears. That's has and always will be Brian Urlacher until he retires. Did I say Vince should be MVP? No, I didn't.

I will agree that Vince does a lot with his legs but how is that a knock against the guy? You don't want him using one of his best talents to win games? I will agree that his passing stats weren't incredible but there's more to being a quarterback than QB Rating. Damon Huard had a better QB Rating than Tom Brady.

The Bears defense and special teams won those games. Also, who blew the Super Bowl for the Bears? Rex Grossman.

Comment

No, the Bears' defense won games.
                    and the titans defense had absolultely nothing to do with VY's win

by the "Vince won games" argument, you could claim that Philip Rivers is the best QB in the league, and thats just not the case.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                    who dey?

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post

by the "Vince won games" argument, you could claim that Philip Rivers is the best QB in the league, and thats just not the case.
                      The Bears' defense won in spite of Rex half the time, the other half Rex just played clean-up on what the defense already won. Either way, he was never the REASON they won. When did he ever stage a comeback with 1 minute to go the way Brady and Manning, or even any of the good QBs do? And okay, I didn't watch every Bears game, so maybe he DID do it once.

But the point is, Rex brought nothing to the team. At all.

The Titans, however, won BECAUSE of Vince. They had a decent to good defense, which helped, but Vince was the one doing last second drives, running the ball on 3rd for the 1st, and carrying his team to victory like a quarterback should.

Any new GM who could pick between Rex and Vince, and picked Rex, would be the biggest idiot in the league, and I don't see how you could even argue against that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post

The Titans defense finished dead last in the league and the Bears defense finished fifth. The only game the Titans defense won was the game against the Jaguars in week 15.

Look at the talent Philip Rivers has around him and look at the talent Vince Young has. Rivers has the best running back, fullback, tight end, and arguably offensive line in all of football. Almost every quarterback could win with that. It takes a lot of talent to be able to win with Drew Bennett and Travis Henry.

Comment

The first page of this thread is a perfect example of people rating "potential" higher than actual production. And everytime we see people do that, we see people get disappointed the next year. The 4 main culprits this year--Young, Rivers, Cutler and Leinart.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

The Titans defense finished dead last in the league and the Bears defense finished fifth. The only game the Titans defense won was the game against the Jaguars in week 15.

Look at the talent Philip Rivers has around him and look at the talent Vince Young has. Rivers has the best running back, fullback, tight end, and arguably offensive line in all of football. Almost every quarterback could win with that. It takes a lot of talent to be able to win with Drew Bennett and Travis Henry.
                            Dang, you're right. I thought Tennessee had a defense ranked around 12th or so, boy was I wrong.

Oh well, all it does is strengthen our argument against this other guy. VY wins games. Rex loses them.

Comment

Dang, you're right. I thought Tennessee had a defense ranked around 12th or so, boy was I wrong.

Oh well, all it does is strengthen our argument against this other guy. VY wins games. Rex loses them.
                              You can blame it all on Lamont Thompson and Reynaldo Hill.

There's no way in the world anybody who isn't a Bears fan can say Rex is better than Vince. None. If you actually think that then you're a complete idiot who lost money on the Rose Browl.

Comment

well, you cant say an argument applies to one person and not to another.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                                i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                                who dey?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information