Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
    they need to fix it. i still have the Tampa Bay game fresh in my mind
    That game cost us the #3 pick. That could've meant less compensation in a trade-up for CJ and a done deal

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
      I remeber that, it was bs. This was too: http://youtube.com/watch?v=d9KmXAmMTjw.
      That was clearly a penalty. The guy tried to knock manning over with his shoulders after Manning through the ball. The fact taht he was so awful at it and barely hit him doesn't really matter.
      "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
        That game cost us the #3 pick. That could've meant less compensation in a trade-up for CJ and a done deal
        more importantly, it cost the bengals a playoff spot.

Originally posted by mythbusta
        i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
        who dey?

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
          more importantly, it cost the bengals a playoff spot.
          Funny, I thought your holder was responsible for that.
          "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
            nono, if anything it was our long snapper. BUt if we would have won the Tampa Bay game like we should have, we would have been in the playoffs anyway

Originally posted by mythbusta
            i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
            who dey?

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
              Michael Clayton's juggling catch was just as instrumental in keeping the Bengals out of the playoffs :)

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Im not saying we should be letting defenders get cheap shots in on the QB, but yeah they just need to calm down with all of it cuz its gotten to the point you cant even touch the QB. Its a severe penalty and they shouldnt be throwing the flag unless it was a clear cheap shot.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                  Im not saying we should be letting defenders get cheap shots in on the QB, but yeah they just need to calm down with all of it cuz its gotten to the point you cant even touch the QB. Its a severe penalty and they shouldnt be throwing the flag unless it was a clear cheap shot.
                  Yeah, it's insane right now. It's like Peyton on that youtube play.. there's no way he wanted a flag on that, the guy's a competitor and he didn't even hit the ground.

Why so much protection for one position? It's like Kiwi (it was Kiwi, right?) trying to sack VY but letting go once he thought he heard a whistle cuz he didn't want to get flagged.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
                    That was a terrible call.

But they are VERY inconsistent. I'm sure it's a problem for all QBs, but Hasselbeck was hit several times last season way late or rough and they didn't call it. They have just as many terrible non-calls as they do terrible calls. Hell, a few years ago a Ravens D-lineman was choking Hasselbeck, with 2 referees pulling him off and they didn't call anything.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

****, the worst I saw was Urlacher's "roughing the passer" on Brad Johnson in what Week 13. The Official Ruling: "He flexed his arms on the QB."

WTF? Urlacher pushed Johnson down after he got rid of the ball. I about died laughing when I heard the call. Laughter mixed in with a bunch of cursing.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                        Yup, that was the play. A few seconds after that picture was taken, #90 was choking Hass with his forearm....

That was the game that the Ravens got 4 timeouts in the 2nd half, giving them enough time to drive down and score to take the game to OT.

I'll always remember that game for those 2 huge screwups, and the Anthony Wright to Marcus Robinson combination that the Seahawks couldn't stop.
                        "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

I just saw this thread and wanted to explain how bitter I am over that Tampa game. Yes, the game shouldn't have been that close and yes our defense could have still stopped them afterwards but the bottom line is Justin Smith should've won us that game with the sack and put us in the playoffs. The bad snap and fumbles of the Denver game and missed FG vs. Pitt would be irrelavent had they made the right call.

I was not a very happy person after that went down.

Comment

I think at very least, they should add a 5 yard penalty for slightly minor hits on the QB that are still over the line. There are some borderline/questionable calls that I think could be called but not deserving of a 15 yard penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                              ****, the worst I saw was Urlacher's "roughing the passer" on Brad Johnson in what Week 13. The Official Ruling: "He flexed his arms on the QB."

WTF? Urlacher pushed Johnson down after he got rid of the ball. I about died laughing when I heard the call. Laughter mixed in with a bunch of cursing.
                              haha, flexing of the arms.

really though. i'm sure the nfl-o's are working to get better consistancy with how they call penalties, but, right now, it's pretty much out of hand.

between that and the pass interference penalties. those are my two big issues.
                              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information