No announcement yet.

Suprise Teams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Browns can be a surprise team this year. I like what they have done to improve their O-Line and if one of their QB's can step up and play good then they will have tons of weapons on offense. Mix that with an pretty good secondary and they could surprise.

And of course the Packers are bound to surprise ;)

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      You're assuming that they are going to be better just because they are young. For every guy that develops there are are 2-3 that don't. That's the nature of football.

As for where the Bears are better, did you watch last season? We went to the Superbowl. You won 8 games. I'm really not being flippant here either, I'm being serious. It's not as if it was even close.
      How many young players get worse? Do you honestly think the Packers are going to regress because A.J. Hawk, Greg Jennings, Cullen Jenkins, etc. are going to all of a sudden become terrible instead of getting better?

I'm not talking about last year. I'm talking about talent. Where are the Bears a lot better? What positions? Why are the Bears going to roll over the Packers next year and it won't be close?

Comment

I never said it wouldn't be close. I said 50% odds is insane for a team that was 8-8 and is a 4:1 odds in reality. You're just being a homer dude.

If I said, the Bears have a 50% chance of getting back to the Superbowl, or a Bucs fans said they had a 50% of winning the division they would be laughed off of here. I don't care what hypotheticals you throw in there. It's a dumb thing to say.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I never said it wouldn't be close. I said 50% odds is insane for a team that was 8-8 and is a 4:1 odds in reality. You're just being a homer dude.
          I'm not an oddsmaker nor do I claim to be. I have no idea what a realistic line would be.

You're just dancing around my questions about why the Bears are such a better team and it's not even close? Talent-wise, they are close.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
            I'm not an oddsmaker nor do I claim to be. I have no idea what a realistic line would be.

You're just dancing around my questions about why the Bears are such a better team and it's not even close? Talent-wise, they are close.
            Go to the Bears-Packers thread. I'm not posting the same thing again. And I don't dance around anything.

Comment

Go to the Bears-Packers thread. I'm not posting the same thing again. And I don't dance around anything.
              I didn't see anywhere where you showed that the Bears were clearly on a whole different level than the Packers. Maybe I missed it, so just copy and paste to this thread.

Comment

I didn't see anywhere where you showed that the Bears were clearly on a whole different level than the Packers. Maybe I missed it, so just copy and paste to this thread.
                7-2 Chicago beats Green Bay on postional rankings for 51'. I have 6 Chicago, 2 push, and 1 to Green Bay.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                  7-2 Chicago beats Green Bay on postional rankings for 51'. I have 6 Chicago, 2 push, and 1 to Green Bay.
                  Right, but how many of those are very close? There's only a few that go for sure to Green Bay or Chicago.

Comment

Right, but how many of those are very close? There's only a few that go for sure to Green Bay or Chicago.
                    Yeah probably. Add it all up and there's your differential. I'm not saying the Packers aren't potentially gaining on the Bears. The system is set up for that to happen. The Bears should have caught the Packers well before 2005 but we had Dave Wandsteadt as our coach and some of the worst personel in the game.

As for the development of your players, Hawk looks like a gem, as I think most expected him to be. The rest of them are still by and large question marks. You rate them higher because they are your own players, but for every one that turns into something good there will be 3-4 that do nothing. That's why teams don't turn around overnight. The Bears have more sure-fire pillars to build around under the age of 30, and that's why it's still hard to project anyone overtaking them at this point. Could it happen? Of course, I don't think anyone is denying that, but it's certainly not likely or probable.

Comment

Yeah probably. Add it all up and there's your differential. I'm not saying the Packers aren't potentially gaining on the Bears. The system is set up for that to happen. The Bears should have caught the Packers well before 2005 but we had Dave Wandsteadt as our coach and some of the worst personel in the game.

As for the development of your players, Hawk looks like a gem, as I think most expected him to be. The rest of them are still by and large question marks. You rate them higher because they are your own players, but for every one that turns into something good there will be 3-4 that do nothing. That's why teams don't turn around overnight.
                      I'm talking about young players that have already done something though. Not rookies, or unproven players. Hawk is going to get better (already a top LB). Jennings is going to get better (could have hit 1000 yards last year had he not gotten hurt). Collins looked great the last couple games. Jenkins is another guy who really stepped up when given the chance. I'm just saying that these aren't guys who are likely going to "bust" now. They've shown what they can do. It's now just a game of how great will they be and how long will it take them to get there.

I agree with you that the Bears are a better team right now. That said, I don't think it's a huge margin of difference and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see either team win the NFC North. I wouldn't even be surprised if the Vikings won the NFC North. It's a close division and a lot more wide open than people think.

Comment

KC goes 13-3 and wins it all!!!!!!!!!
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

IDK but I have a feeling that Minnesota will contend for the NFC North title this season, and Chicago falls off dramatically by losing Thomas Jones and Lance Briggs for the majority of the season, not to mention nothing has really been brought in to help Rex Grossman. I also have Arizona contending along with San Francisco coming out.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                            IDK but I have a feeling that Minnesota will contend for the NFC North title this season, and Chicago falls off dramatically by losing Thomas Jones and Lance Briggs for the majority of the season, not to mention nothing has really been brought in to help Rex Grossman. I also have Arizona contending along with San Francisco coming out.
                            Who should they have brought in? We spent two first day picks on offensive guys and are moving Hester over as well. I'm not saying more offensive weapons wouldn't hurt, but I'm curious who was available that you think would be much of an upgrade.

Comment

I'm probably going to regret this pick, but I like the Lions this season. Probably no playoffs, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see them go 8-8.

I see the Jets snagging a Wild Card spot, and I'll take the Falcons to win their division.

Those are all the predictions I'm making right now.

Comment

Lions are my NFC pick, Texans being the AFC pick for me. If I nail either I look like a genius, and odds are no one will remember if I am wrong on both counts.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information