Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers,Big Ben talk big extension?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

The Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger's agent have had early talks about a contract extension for the young quarterback. While it appears nothing will be done this season, the machinery is gearing up for what should be the largest contract in the organization's history. Roethlisberger's next deal looms large over the organization already and might be one reason they won't or can't pay six-time Pro Bowl guard Alan Faneca enough to keep him here beyond the 2007 season.

Always important to get your franchise quarterback under contract for the long-term. Once that's settled, the rest of the team-building process is a lot easier.

Comment

sounds good, with him and Troy to sign, its clear Faneca will be gone, and I think the team is setting the right priorities
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

I would agree but I would wait till after this season to see what he does I know it said that it appears nothing will be done this season which would be a smart move IMO wait it out and then go from there.

Comment

I love Big Ben personally. He is studly!

I think the Stillers will be a very formidable team this year.
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

big ben in a different jersey i can't see it, keep your franchise qb.

Comment

i dont think he has proven that he is worth a huge contract, if he has a good year though it would help me believe more in him

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                I love Big Ben personally. He is studly!

I think the Stillers will be a very formidable team this year.
                you know, believe it or not, I'm gonna have to agree with you on both counts.

Comment

Its gonna suck when they realize he literally rode his RBs backs to the SB and that he can't take over a game by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                    Its gonna suck when they realize he literally rode his RBs backs to the SB and that he can't take over a game by himself.
                    Whoa you obviously watched alot of the Steelers' playoff run.

I can see why your rep is so terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                      Whoa you obviously watched alot of the Steelers' playoff run.

I can see why your rep is so terrible.
                      200 posts, wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                        200 posts, wow.
                        yeah? And you have over a 1,000 since March. Sorry but I don't post exclusively on this site and I don't feel the need to post excessively.

Comment

I wouldnt be in a hurry to ink him just yet. He's a good player but that injury and his immaturity to blame others doesnt sit well with me

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Im sure Fanece will love this.
                            "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

I think the Steelers need to wait since Roethlisberger can't stay healthy for a full season. They could wind up making a huge mistake. Also, they need to make sure his off field judgment is up to par.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information