No announcement yet.

The Next Batch of Coaches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To continue the homer theme, although it's weird to be a homer about it since it would mean he would leave, but...

Mike Smith has done a very good job here, and it makes me wonder if he gets any consideration in the future. There's always the idea that it's more Del Rio than him, but he's still accomplished and with a good resume.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      I doubt Turner lasts 3 years in SD. Rivera should be a good match in SD with their personnel.
      That's why I said "take" his job. I doubt Turner lasts 2 years personally, and Rivera would be a damn good head coach.

Edit: Btw I don't think Babich is going anywhere anytime soon to be honest. I think he's the Bears' DC for a loonng time.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        That's why I said "take" his job. I doubt Turner lasts 2 years personally, and Rivera would be a damn good head coach.

Edit: Btw I don't think Babich is going anywhere anytime soon to be honest. I think he's the Bears' DC for a loonng time.
        The reason I put Babich's name down is because he deserves a look at being a head coach, it doesn't mean that he'll become one any time soon. Hell, I think Jim Bates would make a great HC but I doubt he becomes one.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          I was suprised when Gary Gibbs didn't get any interviews this year so he's my number one choice
          I believe he interviewed for the Chargers, and Cowboys jobs this off-season.

In his first year as D-Coordinator he managed to bring the Saints Defense up surprisingly to 11th in total Defense, (although it seemed lower) and managed to lower the Points per Game allowed to 20.1 PPG, from 24.9 PPG the previous year.

I'm interested to see how he does this season, the players are coming into their 2nd year in the system. Hopefully he'll be able to lower the amount of big plays allowed.

Comment

The reason I put Babich's name down is because he deserves a look at being a head coach, it doesn't mean that he'll become one any time soon. Hell, I think Jim Bates would make a great HC but I doubt he becomes one.
            Oh no problem, but just saying that it's doubtful he becomes one. I can see why people would say that about him though, he's going to be a helluva DC for us.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post

Don't just throw team names out there.

That said, I think in a few years Jeff Davidson will get a lot of consideration.
              I agree on Davidson. . . .

I wasn't just throwing "team names out there", I was unaware that Fox was given an extension.
              Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

I think if he decides too, Jerry Rice could make a great WR, not OC or HC though

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Personally, I think the two ridiculously young O-coaches in the AFC East should see alot of offers in the future.

IMO, Brian Schottenheimer could be the best offensive coordinator in the league in a couple of years, but I'm not sure he won't leave to be a HC before then.

McDaniels will be considered because of BB, but he'll be in NE for a while. He's very young and needs significant experience.

Comment

Here's my list, it hasn't changed much since I last posted it:

Brian Schottenheimer, Jets OC
                    Rex Ryan, Ravens DC
                    Rob Ryan, Raiders DC
                    Mike Trgovac, Panthers DC
                    Jim Caldwell, Colts QB Coach
                    Russ Grimm, Cardinals O-line Coach (in a few years he won't be in contention)
                    Pete Carroll, USC HC (as long as he continues his success his name will keep being rumored for NFL HC vacancies)
                    Josh McDaniels, Patriots OC (due to success of former Belichick personnel, this man will probably be considered in a few years.)
                    Ron Rivera, Chargers LB Coach (his name has been rumored repeatedly these past few years. I feel it's only a matter of time some team takes a gamble on him.)
                    Jason Garrett, Cowboys OC
                    Jim Bates, Broncos DC (in a few years he won't be considered due to his age. His time might already be up due to age.)
                    Gary Gibbs, Saints DC (interviewed this year for a few positions. Will not likely be considered until he shows he can have continued success as a DC)
                    Bob Babich, Bears DC
                    Mike Singletary, 49ers LB coach
                    Norm Chow, Titans OC
                    lolololololol Josh McDaniels! he blows..trust me. as a Patriot fan..i had to suffer with his terrible playcalling. he lets dillon run outside..forces maroney inside..no playaction.

from Patriots u might see: Pepper Johnson (DL coach..ex player. hes a beast) or Dean Peas..its a common trend for our D Cord to do very well and go onto HC.

Comment

Good idea for a topic.

I think next year Ryan from Baltimore, Schottenheimer, and Jeff Fisher will get hired as replacements somewhere. Fisher's contract runs out and until something happens it doesn't look like Tennessee is gonna extend it.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                        Good idea for a topic.

I think next year Ryan from Baltimore, Schottenheimer, and Jeff Fisher will get hired as replacements somewhere. Fisher's contract runs out and until something happens it doesn't look like Tennessee is gonna extend it.
                        didnt Ryan just get a new contract from Ravens?

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                          lolololololol Josh McDaniels! he blows..trust me. as a Patriot fan..i had to suffer with his terrible playcalling. he lets dillon run outside..forces maroney inside..no playaction.

from Patriots u might see: Pepper Johnson (DL coach..ex player. hes a beast) or Dean Peas..its a common trend for our D Cord to do very well and go onto HC.
                          Pepper Johnson could probably be given a shot somewhere but not until way later.
                          Dean Peas is ancient. I highly doubt he will be given any consideration due to his age. The guy was born in 1949.
                          Josh McDaniels is young and still developing. He has a lot of room to improve esp. with someone like BB coaching him up.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

Pepper Johnson could probably be given a shot somewhere but not until way later.
                            Dean Peas is ancient. I highly doubt he will be given any consideration due to his age. The guy was born in 1949.
                            Josh McDaniels is young and still developing. He has a lot of room to improve esp. with someone like BB coaching him up.
                            well hes not the next batch (McDaniels) then.

Norv Turner not a job at 55 years old..Peas aint much older

Crennel got a job few years ago and he was born in 1947..Peas can definatley get a lot of interest

Pepper Johnson can get it soon..hes 42 years old. DL coach since '04 i think ..was ILB coach from '01-'03 and also defensive assistant during 2000

Comment

It is almost impossible to predict the next batch of coaches, because to do that you'd also have to guess which are going to be the worst teams next year AND which won't give a new chance to their coach.

Now, here is my input on Rob Ryan:
                              I think he is going to stay in Oakland for a long time. He loves the players and the players love him. Plus it took him over two years to build the defense into what it is now, and he still has more to do. This defense is completely his, and I don't see him leaving until some time.

Comment

Al Saunders might be next in line in DC
                                RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information