The Next Batch of Coaches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Batch of Coaches

Well, while we are in the lull between the draft and TC/Fantasy Football, I thought this would be an interesting topic.

This year we will be seeing the following as rookie HCs:

Lane Kiffin
    Bobby Petrino
    Ken Whisenhunt
    Mike Tomlin
    Cam Cameron

With that being said, who do you guys see as being the future HCs in the NFL? Keep in mind, use rookie HCs.

Obviously we know that Jason Garrett will eventually be a HC for Dallas (or at least we think). Both Ryan brothers are also in contention for a HC job (Carolina? Cleveland?) as well as Jim Caldwell.
    Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post

Obviously we know that Jason Garrett will eventually be a HC for Dallas (or at least we think). Both Ryan brothers are also in contention for a HC job (Carolina? Cleveland?) as well as Jim Caldwell.
      John Fox just signed an extension and we all love him in Carolina, so there's no pressure on him to do well.

He took a team that was 1-15 then had them in the superbowl in his second year, then got us back to the NFCCG a year after massive amounts of injuries.

He's a great HC and Carolina isn't getting rid of him.

Don't just throw team names out there.

That said, I think in a few years Jeff Davidson will get a lot of consideration.

Comment

If Gary Gibbs can make the Saints defense one of the best in the league, he deserves a head coaching job (and a HOF induction).
        The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Ummmm Mike Singletary anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
            Ummmm Mike Singletary anyone?
            Apparently he's said time and time again he just wants to coach linebackers. Which sucks. BUT, its a lock now that Patrick Willis is gonna kick serious ass.

Comment

I was suprised when Gary Gibbs didn't get any interviews this year so he's my number one choice

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Here's my list, it hasn't changed much since I last posted it:

Brian Schottenheimer, Jets OC
                Rex Ryan, Ravens DC
                Rob Ryan, Raiders DC
                Mike Trgovac, Panthers DC
                Jim Caldwell, Colts QB Coach
                Russ Grimm, Cardinals O-line Coach (in a few years he won't be in contention)
                Pete Carroll, USC HC (as long as he continues his success his name will keep being rumored for NFL HC vacancies)
                Josh McDaniels, Patriots OC (due to success of former Belichick personnel, this man will probably be considered in a few years.)
                Ron Rivera, Chargers LB Coach (his name has been rumored repeatedly these past few years. I feel it's only a matter of time some team takes a gamble on him.)
                Jason Garrett, Cowboys OC
                Jim Bates, Broncos DC (in a few years he won't be considered due to his age. His time might already be up due to age.)
                Gary Gibbs, Saints DC (interviewed this year for a few positions. Will not likely be considered until he shows he can have continued success as a DC)
                Bob Babich, Bears DC
                Mike Singletary, 49ers LB coach
                Norm Chow, Titans OC
                Last edited by diabsoule; 05-26-2007, 08:42 PM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

Ron Rivera should be a head coach in the NFL very soon...

Comment

I'm actually surprised Trgovac hasn't had more interest.

In 02, 03, 05 and 06 the team's had a top5/10 defense. He's been at the helm for three of those years and done pretty well.

He's not that popular in carolina because they like to blame him when an offense converts a third down against us, but whatever. He's not even been interviewed I don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                      I'm actually surprised Trgovac hasn't had more interest.

In 02, 03, 05 and 06 the team's had a top5/10 defense. He's been at the helm for three of those years and done pretty well.

He's not that popular in carolina because they like to blame him when an offense converts a third down against us, but whatever. He's not even been interviewed I don't think.
                      I've noticed his success and have been surprised as well. He usually has very good defenses and is a good play caller. Some team will catch on and notice his success unless Carolina is keeping him around in case they want to make a coaching change in the next few years.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                        Ron Rivera should be a head coach in the NFL very soon...
                        I was just about to say that. He'll take Turners job in San Diego.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Woody56 View Post
                          Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer
                          I hope to hell Daboll can replace him well.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                            I was just about to say that. He'll take Turners job in San Diego.
                            I doubt Turner lasts 3 years in SD. Rivera should be a good match in SD with their personnel.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              I've noticed his success and have been surprised as well. He usually has very good defenses and is a good play caller. Some team will catch on and notice his success unless Carolina is keeping him around in case they want to make a coaching change in the next few years.
                              John Fox is here for another 5 at least if he serves out his contract.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information