Best NFC LB Unit from Sporting News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best NFC LB Unit from Sporting News

Courtesy of Sporting News: http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=212968

What are your views? What team do you believe to have the best LB unit in the NFC? What do you think of the individual LB rank:

1. Brian Urlacher, Bears. He is asked to do many different things in the middle of the cover 2 and is always around the ball.

2. DeMarcus Ware, Cowboys. He is emerging as one of the top young defensive stars in the game, and his best football is still in front of him.

3. Lofa Tatupu, Seahawks. He does not look impressive in pads, but he is a natural leader who makes plays all over the field.

4. Julian Peterson, Seahawks. His tremendous closing speed and rare first step as a pass rusher make him a game-changer.

5. Lance Briggs, Bears. Though he plays in Urlacher's shadow, he is nearly on par in terms of ability.

wow Panthers @ 12! behind Vikings..Rams..Saints?

i would take a healthy Morgan-Beason-Thomas anyday of the weak over any other LB group

Comment

#4 is pretty good and fair for the Bucs.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post

i would take a healthy Morgan-Beason-Thomas anyday of the weak over any other LB group
        Who's Thomas on Carolina? You mean Thomas Davis, right? It's confusing because you listed the other guys' last names...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't agree with Eagles at 14, but I can see why others would.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
            I don't agree with Eagles at 14, but I can see why others would.
            It's all dependent on Takeo Spikes. If Spikes plays like he was able to before the injury, then we will jump up a few spots. Trotter needs to rebound this season too, last season's performance was weak in comparison to what he is capable of. Us being below the Saints is garbage though. Their LB's are alright, but Simoneau who starts for them was a pretty certain cut when he was an Eagle. I expect the Saints to have problems with their LB personnel next season.
            Last edited by cunningham06; 05-27-2007, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
              Who's Thomas on Carolina? You mean Thomas Davis, right? It's confusing because you listed the other guys' last names...
              Yeah he means thomas Davis who IMO is the best linebacker on the team already and if not for Derrick Brooks and Lance Briggs would get a lot more attention for being the great young player he is.

Comment

guess i cant complain about the cowboys rankings, especially if you take into consideration our depth...we have ellis and spencer rotating on the outside, and carpenter and burnett rotating on the inside

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Wow 49ers at #5.. All this stuff is getting me hyped for the season! 49ers GO!

Comment

The 49ers are a little too high, to quote Public Enemy "don't believe the hype."

Comment

Originally posted by bryanGENE View Post
                      Courtesy of Sporting News: http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=212968

What are your views? What team do you believe to have the best LB unit in the NFC? What do you think of the individual LB rank:

1. Brian Urlacher, Bears. He is asked to do many different things in the middle of the cover 2 and is always around the ball.

2. DeMarcus Ware, Cowboys. He is emerging as one of the top young defensive stars in the game, and his best football is still in front of him.

3. Lofa Tatupu, Seahawks. He does not look impressive in pads, but he is a natural leader who makes plays all over the field.

4. Julian Peterson, Seahawks. His tremendous closing speed and rare first step as a pass rusher make him a game-changer.

5. Lance Briggs, Bears. Though he plays in Urlacher's shadow, he is nearly on par in terms of ability.
                      No way is DeMarcus Ware the 2nd best LB in the NFC right now, that's a joke.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Why do you guys even bother with IF HEALTHY. that means the player has questions marks and will not play to the 100% health the player once has played at.
                        Last edited by bored of education; 05-27-2007, 10:20 PM.
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post

Hahahahahaha.....Pause.....Hahahahahahahahahah. Seattle, Chicago, and Green Bay (off the top of my head) > Carolina.

Dan Morgan can't stay healthy, Jon Beason is an unproven rookie, and Thomas Davis while a good young player doesn't make up the difference.

Edit: Oh and Briggs is not on par with Urlacher in terms of ability. Brian is more athletic, he's faster, he's much better in coverage, and he has much more pursuit ability.
                          Last edited by sweetness34; 05-27-2007, 10:16 PM.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanGENE View Post

Agree with the individual ranking of DeMarcus Ware at #2. Look at his stats last year: 71 tackles, 11.5 sacks, 2 tds, 1 int, 5 forced fumbles, etc. The guy is a game changer and commands double teams. IMO this guy will ALWAYS be compared to Shawne Merriman throughout his career, and that ain't bad at all. He has freakish ability. Look for his numbers to increase under Phillip's 3-4.
                            Last edited by dc4life; 05-27-2007, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                              Hahahahahaha.....Pause.....Hahahahahahahahahah. Seattle, Chicago, and Green Bay (off the top of my head) > Carolina.

Dan Morgan can't stay healthy, Jon Beason is an unproven rookie, and Thomas Davis while a good young player doesn't make up the difference.

Edit: Oh and Briggs is not on par with Urlacher in terms of ability. Brian is more athletic, he's faster, he's much better in coverage, and he has much more pursuit ability.
                              Yeah but when healthy Dan Morgan is one of the best linebackers in the league and easily better than Barnett and Tatupu, Davis is better than Hawk as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information