No announcement yet.

RIP - Marquise Hill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lt. Steve McManus of the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries said officials decided to focus on recovering Hill's body after witnesses saw him go under the water without resurfacing. Authorities are trying to determine with the help of family members Hill's exact location at the time he and a woman fell from the craft, McManus said.

Petty Officer Tom Atkeson said the Coast Guard has crews in a helicopter and boat searching the lake near the Industrial Canal. Wildlife and Fisheries also is participating in the effort with another boat.

A man and woman were reported falling into the water from a recreational craft about 9 p.m. Sunday. They apparently were heading to the Seabrook boat launch. The Orleans Levee Board Police said that a passing boat had briefly picked up the man, but he jumped back in the water to look for the woman.

The woman was rescued after a passerby heard someone calling for help. The woman had apparently grabbed onto a piling or other structure in the lake.
    If he is gone, he went out a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
      i've heard 2 different things.

1.) he jumped back into water like you posted

and

2.) He led her to a buoy and then he drifted away as the rescue boat was making a turn to save them

Comment

Gets a little stranger, here is an unrelated story from the exact same day:

Man dies trying to save wife:
        A man is dead after he tried to rescue his wife in Lake Pontchartrain. Authorities say the woman was riding a jet ski near the Mandeville Harbor. The woman fell off, and the man jumped in to save her. He drowned before he could get to his wife. Another boater rescued the woman.
        This probably attributed to the various reports of the incident.

Comment

Just awful. I have a very strong feeling this is going to turn into a RIP Marquise Hill thread. :(

A Patriot dying on Memorial Day... what irony...

Comment

damn. And you guys cant say why not wear a life vest. i mean come on bro no one wheres a life vest.

Comment

This is a strange and sad story. I hope he gets the recognition he deserves in the news as opposed to being a sidenote to a Mike vick story.

Comment

Sad story, a time when somebody is just having fun living his life, and then possibly it turns tragic

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                  damn. And you guys cant say why not wear a life vest. i mean come on bro no one wheres a life vest.

Dude I always wear a life vest, it may not look "cool" but I know that it can save my life. that's like saying "C'mon nobody wears a seatbelt."

Comment

This is terrible, thoughts and prayers to the Hill family.

stephenson86

Comment

They found the body
                      im at a loss of words. i cant believe it. a young man who fulfilled his dreams of making it to NFL..a role model to the community. Why do bad things happen to the innocent..the good...the good people of the world.

a heroic effort by Marquise to save a fellow friend while risking his life. May god be with the friends..family..teammates and fans of Marquise Hill.

RIP

Comment

I don't care don't like the Past, but yea wish it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
                          If he did die while trying to save that woman than I am truly upset and I admire him. However, if he died because he was too stupid to wear a life vest then I have no sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                            If he did die while trying to save that woman than I am truly upset and I admire him. However, if he died because he was too stupid to wear a life vest then I have no sympathy.
                            Both are true

Its sad anyway.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                              Both are true

Its sad anyway.
                              So he wasn't wearing a life vest but he jumped back in the water to save the chick? If that's the case then I admire him for trying to save another's life. My point was if he just fell off the jetski and drowned because of not wearing a life vest then I wouldn't have felt sad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                                So he wasn't wearing a life vest but he jumped back in the water to save the chick? If that's the case then I admire him for trying to save another's life. My point was if he just fell off the jetski and drowned because of not wearing a life vest then I wouldn't have felt sad at all.
                                he could of been saved but the lady might not have. He put his life at risk to save her and they lost track of him and he dissapeared

HEROIC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information