Breakthrough Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakthrough Players

Who on your favorite team is ready to break out and have a pro bowl type season?

Oakland Raiders

Offense- Ronald Curry has been very solid for the Raiders when healthy, Curry finally has a head coach who believes that he could be a starting WR in this league. Had 30 caches out of his 62 in the final 4 weeks of the season, thatís when Art Shell realized he could play. Ended the season with 62 catches 727 yards and 1 td, If Curry starts the season as the #1 or 2 WR he could very well pass the 1,000 yard mark.

Defense- Thomas Howard had a good rookie season, he improved every week and he is now expected to become more of a playmaker.

Taking a Knapp.

Offense:
    Mark Clayton: he broke out last year, but this year he will take another big step and become our undisupted #1. He will break the 1k yard mark

Demetrius Williams: another reciever who played extremely well down the stretch. He will fight for a starting job. He has the frame and skill to be a starter in this league

Defense:
    Haloti Ngata: Last year was a learning year and he was told to be just a run stuffer. BUt with a year under his belt, he could be asked to do more than clog holes, he could become a passrusher

Go Ravens!

Comment

Offense: ben troupe if he stays healthy and plays to his potential level

Defense: stephen tulloch, a year of experience under his belt, will make plays and rack up the tackles

Comment

Offense: Vernon Davis

Defense: Manny Lawson

Coincidence they were both drafted in 1st round last year?

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

Offense... Ehm... I'll just be really really hopeful and say Calvin Johnson.

Defense... Probably Ernie Sims...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Offense - Santonio Holmes
            Defense - Anthony Smith - He'd get it except I think they're keeping veteran Ryan Clark Back there... So I'll go with Ike Taylor as HM.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
              Offense - Santonio Holmes
              He has so much potential
              He could be a top WR in the league soon.

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

Originally posted by High Roller View Post
                He has so much potential
                He could be a top WR in the league soon.
                I think this will be a breakout year for him. Last year he only started the last 4 games and saw limited action in the other 12. If he starts all 16....

He averaged around 80 yards a game in his 4 starts. If he does that in 16 games thats 1280 yards.

I think he'll go above and beyond that. I think he'll be Ben's go to guy.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                  I think this will be a breakout year for him. Last year he only started the last 4 games and saw limited action in the other 12. If he starts all 16....

He averaged around 80 yards a game in his 4 starts. If he does that in 16 games thats 1280 yards.

I think he'll go above and beyond that. I think he'll be Ben's go to guy.
                  Yea...plus his long TD in OT was clutch and just plain nasty.

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

Offense: Ronnie Brown, it's his 3rd year, definitely has played well the last 2 years with less than ideal surroundings, but needs to take a big step up. Has a real lead blocker now, OL has improved, had an offensive minded coach that will use him correctly, hopefully the passing game will give him some room and Ginn will get the Reggie Bush treatment. He has done well, but that isn't enough for the #2 overall pick. A 1200 rushing yard season with 50 catches isn't out of the question.

Defense: Channing Crowder, loved Crowder since the day we drafted him and he has played great the last 2 years, but I think this is the year he takes it to the next level. Great run stopper and great in coverage, nasty player, everything a LB needs, should be fun to watch.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

I love these threads. Its like Homerfest 2007 :p

I agree DG, I think Crowder is a beast. Im expecting big things from him this year.

Comment

Chiefs

O - FB/TE Kris Wilson the next Chris Cooley

D - Tamba Hali he had a very good all around rookie season I look for him to only get better with the better players at DT this year.

Comment

Offense: Rex Hadnot - some could say he's already proven but i think the move to guard will be perfect for him. he's a mauler who made too many bad line calls at center. the move to guard will allow him to focus on his technique more in pass rushing so he can complement his already great run blocking skills. i believe he was an average center but has pro-bowl potential at guard. him and shelton on the right side should open lots of holes for ronnie as both are great run blockers.

Defense: Matt Roth - with Kevin Carter getting cut, Roth gets to take over the full-time DE spot opposite JT. he showed flashes of deserving more playing time last year and i think 8-10 sacks arent out of the question for him.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

for the packers offense I really think it's gunna be either Greg Jennings or Vernon Morency, I see a 1000 yards coming from one of em most likely Morency

for defense AJ Hawk is gunna have a definate pro bowl season, but I don't think thats gunna suprise anybody

Originally posted by princefielder28
                            Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate

Comment

Bears:
                              Offense - Cedric Benson = With Benson now being the number 1 guy he should put up big numbers.

Defense - Jamar Williams = With Briggs sitting out Williams will get a chance to step up and possible take Briggs' job.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information