Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL bans alcohol for team functions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NFL bans alcohol for team functions

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

    NEW YORK (AP) -- NFL clubs may no longer serve alcohol at team functions or on buses or flights, extending a ban that until now applied only in locker rooms.

    NFL owners and executives were told Thursday by commissioner Roger Goodell that the rule pertains not only to players but to owners, coaches and guests.

    Goodell = The Law

  • #2
    What exactly took so long to do this ?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
      What exactly took so long to do this ?
      People like beer.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
        What exactly took so long to do this ?
        Why should it be banned?

        these guys are 21, so whats the big deal?


        If we could start drinking in the field house after HS football, the pro's should be able to do so.


        Plus not drinking on the plane would suck. If you want players to act mature, you got to treat them like they are mature.

        No Fun League strikes again
        Last edited by GiantRutgersFan; 05-31-2007, 04:36 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          It's not about if someone is old enough to drink or not.

          The NFL is an orginzation with a rules and standards.These are used to create and uphold their vision of maintaining a quality institute.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
            Why should it be banned?

            these guys are 21, so whats the big deal?


            If we could start drinking in the field house after HS football, the pro's should be able to do so.


            Plus not drinking on the plane would suck. If you want players to act mature, you got to treat them like they are mature.

            No Fun League strikes again
            It's not the leagues responsibility to make sure that these players have access to drink and a place to do it at.
            When they do it on their own time, at their own place....and then "something goes wrong" the league can't be held accountable.
            Plus, what exactly does drinking have to do with athletic prowess ?
            I'll (for now) completely disgregard the beliefs of players being "role models".

            If you want to be treated as if you're an adult you first have to behave like one. Not vice versa.



            ....also, if you're 21 and still in High School we have bigger problems than whether or not you're "allowed" to drink.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
              People like beer.
              Is this an arguement or just a statement ?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                It's not the leagues responsibility to make sure that these players have access to drink and a place to do it at.
                When they do it on their own time, at their own place....and then "something goes wrong" the league can't be held accountable.
                Plus, what exactly does drinking have to do with athletic prowess ?
                I'll (for now) completely disgregard the beliefs of players being "role models".

                If you want to be treated as if you're an adult you first have to behave like one. Not vice versa.



                ....also, if you're 21 and still in High School we have bigger problems than whether or not you're "allowed" to drink.
                People are allowed to drink on airplanes. they serve alcoholic beverages, so why should players be excluded?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                  People are allowed to drink on airplanes. they serve alcoholic beverages, so why should players be excluded?
                  Because they're not traveling on thier own "dime". The league pays for everything and is responsible. This is no different than the company you work for holding an event. If they allowed alcohol to be served, and if you drank and say got into a car wreck. Then the company could very well be held accountable.

                  The league is just looking out for the league. Which SHOULD be looking out for itself.

                  I'm pretty sure if they want to be stupid on their own time (and have drinks on flights with say their family on vacation) then that's their buisness. When the league foots the bill and they're "members" of an orginization. Then the rules alter.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                    People are allowed to drink on airplanes. they serve alcoholic beverages, so why should players be excluded?
                    After several incidents involving DUIs and such that left some pro athletes dead, all of the major leagues are cracking down on this.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      idk this seems unecesary

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                        Is this an arguement or just a statement ?
                        Statement I agree it should have been done along time ago.

                        That being said this has been a bad off season for the NFL there has been alot of stuff making the NFL look pretty shady. I'm glad RG is laying the law down it is about time someone did.
                        Last edited by Splat; 05-31-2007, 06:26 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This is kind of ********, they should make it legal for teams to ban alcohol, but not blanket ban it all together, why punish the good guys who just have a quiet couple of drinks because some morons go over board?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            what the hell are you talking about?
                            Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                            If we could start drinking in the field house after HS football, the pro's should be able to do so.


                            is what im talking about

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                              is what im talking about
                              Isn't the legal drinking age 21 in the USA? How could any high school kids drink legally?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information