No announcement yet.

Top AFC Corners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying Fabian has above average speed is about the stupidest thing Ive ever heard.
    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
      Saying Fabian has above average speed is about the stupidest thing Ive ever heard.
      does he run like in the 4.3s

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
        does he run like in the 4.3s
        Ran an electronic 4.28 at the combine. Fastest official time to date I believe.

Comment

I was somewhat surprised to not see us in the bottom 3. Also this is probably the first thing I've seen all year mentioning our CBs that mentioned Kiwaukee but not Youboty. Which is cool, because Kiwaukee is the man, even if I feel like killing him every time the ball bounces off of his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
            Ran an electronic 4.28 at the combine. Fastest official time to date I believe.
            Yeah that sounds correct, I think DeAngelo Hall Michael Vick and even Rae Carruth were all close though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              The Packers have one of the AFC's best corners..
              Didn't you hear? Al Harris is just that good. Chad Johnson said so.

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                Didn't you hear? Al Harris is just that good. Chad Johnson said so.
                [sarcasm]Same with Leigh Bodden, why the hell is he not ranked #1?[/sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                  Yeah that sounds correct, I think DeAngelo Hall Michael Vick and even Rae Carruth were all close though.
                  DeAngelo Hall ran like a 4.34 at the combine, but he wasnt planning on running at the combine.

I am not sure if Vick ran at the combine. I know he ran a 4.25 at VT though.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I feel the Bengals should be higher but then I realize a lot of it is based on potential. If Johnathan Joseph can learn how to catch he'll be a top CB and who knows what will happen with Hall so I understand why we're so low.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                      I feel the Bengals should be higher but then I realize a lot of it is based on potential. If Johnathan Joseph can learn how to catch he'll be a top CB and who knows what will happen with Hall so I understand why we're so low.
                      who else do u have?

O'Neal was overrated 2 years ago..he still is. He might even be cut since hes in the dog house..ratliff behind him. i know u have Hall but he has shown nothing and Jospeh hasnt shown much either. Potential wise..they are up there but right now..no

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                        I am in love with Richard Marshall and I think he's going to be very valuable in a year or I think it might be two when Gamble is a free agent if we need to keep some other guys.
                        I love Richard Marshall, I think the Panthers would be better suited with him and Lucas starting. I am not a fan of Chris Gamble.
                        Last edited by Shiver; 05-31-2007, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Chris Gamble is a great athlete and a rabid competitor, he's also the special ed of the team.

He's very, very dumb apparently. Last year he was injured a lot like Ken Lucas but he should come back healthy this year. If he can get it together mentally which is a big probability since it'll be his fourth year in the same scheme then we'll be happy with a great nickel set.

if not, Richard Marshall will take his spot easily, that guy is going to be a big one in the league imo. He was a blanket even as a rookie and lays the wood when he hits, I can't wait to see how he develops this year.

Comment

1. Champ Bailey, Broncos. There's Bailey -- and there's the rest of the cornerbacks. He has the whole package: size, quickness, recovery speed, ball skills. On top of that, he's the best run-stopping corner in the NFL.

2. Chris McAlister, Ravens. He's a physical player who matches up best against big wideouts. His ability to take away receivers gives the Ravens' front seven time to get to the quarterback and allows their defense to take risks.

3. Rashean Mathis, Jaguars. His most impressive attributes are his closing speed, soft hands and change-of-direction skills. Though he's an excellent ballhawk, his technique could use some work.

4. Nnamdi Asomugha, Raiders. The Raiders ask him to cover top receivers one-on-one, and he has the size, speed and strength to handle the job. With eight interceptions in '06, he emerged as a big-time playmaker.

5. Asante Samuel, Patriots. He's almost always in position to make plays, which he proved by intercepting a league-high 10 passes last season. He's not the biggest guy but makes up for that with smarts and excellent instincts.

^I really like that list...I would put Samuel at 4 and Asomugha at 5, and that would be my perfect list.

And about Richard Marshall, I agree with what everyone has said about him. I love him and he's a stud. He was one of my favorite 2006 prospects and I had him as a 1st round talent. I had him going to the Pats at 21 and I was really surprised when they took Chad Jackson over him in round 2. He would be a great asset to them now. He has a really bright future in Carolina. I think he's on par with Gamble in Carolina.
                            Last edited by dcarey20; 05-31-2007, 10:55 PM.

Comment

dude the steelers should be before the jets man
                              bmac and ike r better than revis and dyson

hell i think townsend is better than dyson

i also think that the cheifs should be lower for a few
                              their corners r gettin up there in age
                              if they were still in there prime then they would be number 1 imo

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                                who else do u have?

O'Neal was overrated 2 years ago..he still is. He might even be cut since hes in the dog house..ratliff behind him. i know u have Hall but he has shown nothing and Jospeh hasnt shown much either. Potential wise..they are up there but right now..no
                                O'Neal is just dependent on how hard he wants to play. He was lights out in '05, he really wasn't overrated. Last year he was angry about his contract and just didn't get it done. Regardless, Deltha is still a more than adequate #2 CB who will likely be playing for a new contract this season.

Johnathan Joseph has shown a ton, just ask Ravens fans. He was 6th (I believe) in pass deflections among all CB's last year despite not starting the entire year.

Hall is our nickel, despite being a rookie he's immediately one of the better nickels in the league.

With that said, we're not a top CB unit in the AFC... I realize that. But I don't feel we should be that low on the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information