Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second year Quarterbacks: what do you expect?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
    Alex Smith is very mediocre.

First NFL season he threw 1 TD and 11 INTs and a 40 QB rating.

Second season he threw 16 TDs, 16 INTs and was pretty mediocre.

not exactly something to be raving about....
    Lol Eli Manning? Let's see,

First NFL season he threw 6 TD's, 9 INT's, 48%, 55 QB rating

Second season he threw 24 TD's, 17 INT's, 52%, 75 QB rating

Alex Smith threw 50% completion in his first year, and second year threw 58% and had a 74 QB rating. So the two are very comparable, but Alex Smith thus far has been more accurate than Eli Manning has his whole career.

EDIT: Also, Eli Manning's supporting cast is miles better than Alex Smith's.

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
      jason cambell will never be good
      Wow, great in depth analysis.

By the way, PM me next weeks loto numbers okay?

And techinically this is Campbell's first year. Coming in after Brunell with a watered down playbook, and no chemistry with the rest of the offense. Oo and no portis.

Let him have his first offseason with the same playbook, develop relationships, work on mechanics and actually use the whole playbook before you judge him.
      Last edited by skinzzfan25; 06-01-2007, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
        Alex Smith is very mediocre.

First NFL season he threw 1 TD and 11 INTs and a 40 QB rating.

Second season he threw 16 TDs, 16 INTs and was pretty mediocre.

not exactly something to be raving about....
        Are you being serious?

That right there shows IMPROVEMENT, not being bad. Plus he plays for the Forty Niners, who will be good soon, but sucked the past couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
          Wow, great in depth analysis.

By the way, PM me next weeks loto numbers okay?

And techinically this is Campbell's first year. Coming in after Brunell with a watered down playbook, and no chemistry with the rest of the offense. Oo and no portis.

Let him have his first offseason with the same playbook, develop relationships, work on mechanics and actually use the whole playbook before you judge him.
          the point of the thread was to say how u think they will do...so y tell me to wait to judge him...i watched him play for 4 years in college and he never once impressed me...ronnie brown and caddilac carried him...the coaches didnt even have faith in him to let him throw downfield alot...i watched plenty of games where he would go an entire half and not throw a pass over 15 yards...i never thought he was good then so i obviously dont think he will be good in the nfl so until he changes my mind by actually do somethin ill stick with my initial breakdown of him

jason campbell will never be good

Comment

the point of the thread was to say how u think they will do...so y tell me to wait to judge him...i watched him play for 4 years in college and he never once impressed me...ronnie brown and caddilac carried him...the coaches didnt even have faith in him to let him throw downfield alot...i watched plenty of games where he would go an entire half and not throw a pass over 15 yards...i never thought he was good then so i obviously dont think he will be good in the nfl so until he changes my mind by actually do somethin ill stick with my initial breakdown of him

He played 7 games out of a season, not even half. He was playing under a very watered down Al Saunder's playbook when he was tossed into a game. He was a great passer (I have no idea what your talking about with the 15 yard pass bs) at Auburn, and I'd take Portis and Betts over Ronnie and Caddilac anyday. He is mobile, big, very poised, and has weapons. I see no reason for him to not succeed in the NFL. He has had two offseasons to study the playbook, the one that propelled the Rams and Cheifs to be one of the greatest offenses in the past decades.

Originally posted by wikipedia
            Campbell went on to play college football at Auburn where he led the Tigers to an undefeated season in 2004 and was named the SEC Player of the Year and MVP of the SEC Championship Game. Campbell currently holds the longest touchdown completion in Auburn football history, an 87 yard pass to Silas Daniels in a 2004 matchup versus Louisiana Tech. He also holds the Auburn career record for completion percentage at 64.6%.
            ^^^
            How unimpressive -.-

Comment

ur a joke....ok so he holds a record for longest completion? it could have been a 5 yard pass that the guy ran the way..that record in no way shows his ability to throw down field....and of course he has the highest completion %...like i said he never threw down field...alot of screens and alot of dump offs to the running backs..and i wouldnt expect u to kno what i was talkin about when i said he went alotta time in college without throwin a pass over 15 yards becuz u obviously dont watch football or dont understand what ur seeing when u do...how many times did u even watch campbell in college? i doubt u did very much at all since u had to go to wikipedia to get ur argument

Comment

I might as well make my analysis:

Jay Cutler

Jay Cutler may is more of a 1.25 year starter if he were to start all of the 2007 but I do think we should mention him in this category. Cutler has one of the most impressive arms in the NFL and the Broncos offense did improve to a good degree when Plummer was sat out in favor J-Cut. Cutler retains star WR Javon Walker, veterans Rod Smith and Brandon Stokley and one of my sleepers for the year; Brandon Marshall as well as developing good chemistry with fellow soph, Tony Scheffler. I expect with an enhanced running game, to see a very good season for Him (as he's commonly known around Denver).

Vince Young

Really, there's not much more to say as everyone knows the whole deal surronding him. OROY, lack of surronding talent, lesser running game (well potentially), etc. I expect him to naturally come to Earth a tad, but to still make the most of an odd situation.

Matt Leinart

I'm a fan of his this season as well. I do think with Russ Grimm in tow (as well as Ken Whisenhunt), to pick ARZ as my sleeper team (not SF). With great weapons in tow, all ARZ has to hope for is that youngsters Levi Brown and Deuce Lutui provide a great turnaround for the OL. Easier said than done, yes, but it's possible.

Philip Rivers

Great RB? Check. Great TE? Check. Good WR options? Maybe (Vincent Jackson can be great, but with Gates in tow, he doesn't need to do much). Overwhelming D? Check. Great HC for QBs? Check.

All the pieces appear to be in place for another good season out of Mr. Rivers. Keep in mind that I believe he was playing with a Lis Franc sprain which is not exactly the easiest thing to live with. Now that he has more chemistry with his team, I do see him exceding expectations.

Tavaris Jackson

Well there is good news for Jackson fans. The one thing he needed to prove was that he needed NFL experience after coming from Alabama A&M (I believe) which isn't exactly a USC or Notre Dame. The competition level and offenses are more intense than what they were in his college days and the playing experience gives him a slight edge for marginal success. He is still a process, but he does have the tools for him to be successful. Also, he does have a backfield to ease him into the QB role as AD and Taylor could be d-e-v-a-s-t-a-t-i-n-g (too long of a word to hyphenate, I think).

I know that it appears that everyone is supposed to be good when you look at mine and I know Jackson, Leinart, Cutler and even Young are still relatively inexperienced but I think they should be counted.

Will add Campbell later.
                Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

ur a joke....ok so he holds a record for longest completion? it could have been a 5 yard pass that the guy ran the way..that record in no way shows his ability to throw down field....and of course he has the highest completion %...like i said he never threw down field...alot of screens and alot of dump offs to the running backs..and i wouldnt expect u to kno what i was talkin about when i said he went alotta time in college without throwin a pass over 15 yards becuz u obviously dont watch football or dont understand what ur seeing when u do...how many times did u even watch campbell in college? i doubt u did very much at all since u had to go to wikipedia to get ur argument
                  Do you have ANY factual evidence to back up that he doesn't throw long? He has a top 16 arm (power wise) in the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYNyiW7r0bA

Theres just one 45 yard pass (just the pass from throwing stance to reception) in horrible form. Do you have some personal vendetta against him? Did you go to school together and he would bully you?

I mean really, your just talking out of your behind tbh.

Go ahead, say that I am discredited by using Wiki, but all your doing is saying that you know what your talking about. Which is quite questionable at the moment.
                  Last edited by skinzzfan25; 06-01-2007, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                    Do you have ANY factual evidence to back up that he doesn't throw long? He has a top 16 arm (power wise) in the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYNyiW7r0bA

Theres just one 45 yard pass (just the pass from throwing stance to reception) in horrible form. Do you have some personal vendetta against him? Did you go to school together and he would bully you?

I mean really, your just talking out of your behind tbh.
                    of course i dont have any factual evidence...i have something better...i do something u obviously dont do...I WATCHED HIM PLAY....simple as that..i live in SEC country..i am a huge SEC fan..i want all SEC players to do good...but after watchin him play i dont thnk he has it in him to be good...im not even gonna look at that link...he was a four year starter...the fact that u post 1 play in response to me saying he doesnt throw down the field good is stupid...u might even be able to put a nice little collection fo deep passes in college together since like i said he did start for 4 years but that doesnt mean he is very good at it....and he most certainly does not have top 16 arm strength...if there was any one singular reason i doubt him its becuz of his lack of arm stength...ur really just being a homer...just becuz he plays for the skins ur completly opposed to the idea of him not workin out in the nfl

Comment

Technically this will be Grossman's second year starting............Flame on.

Comment

Giants fans don't know how to put into prospective..PROGRESSION. Alex Smith showed alot of progression, JP Losman progression, Eli Manning with thoseweapons has shown very little progression. Alex Smith was drafted with the fact that he wasgoing to be a 2-4 years project before he hits his stides as a capable NFL starter. Same goes with JP.

Brodie Croyle will either be terrible or awesome. Not much of a project guy, but Huard will be mediocre or good not terrible. So Chiefs looking OK yet unstable.
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Your a joke if you thnk Campbell will never be good after one season. Check these, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bd7BoF5zbY, Campbell goes long many times so I have no idea what your talkin about...

Comment

I think Campbell will be a very capable starter come 08.
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                              Philip Rivers - with norv turner taking over as his HC, if nothing else, he has an AMAZING QB coach. i expect him to continue to improve and it wouldnt surprise me to see him playing at a top five QB level.
                              Oh yeah, just check out Kerry Collins...

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                                Your a joke if you thnk Campbell will never be good after one season. Check these, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bd7BoF5zbY, Campbell goes long many times so I have no idea what your talkin about...
                                wtf? thats 1 half of the best game he played in his life probley...like i said i watched him play for 4 years...post all the highlight tapes u can find...what does that show? nuthin...he played for 4 years of course he is gonna have highlights...that in no way shows he is gonna be good in the nfl

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information