X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Johnson suspended for 8 games.

Just reported on ESPN, I'll find a link

Edit: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2892889
    Last edited by Damix; 06-04-2007, 03:32 PM.

Wow. That seems like alot more than most people were expecting. I think its great. Definately something he'll take notice and remember the next time he is going to break the law.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

That's really going to hurt the Bears. They struggled at times with their interior defensive line on running downs. Is Dvoracek going to be the guy who steps in to replace Tank?

Comment

It is definately more than was expected, and I thought his positive meeting with the commish would have helped, but I think with the appeal of Pac-Man they wanted to come out tough on this one too. Hopefully Tank learns for good.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          It is definately more than was expected, and I thought his positive meeting with the commish would have helped, but I think with the appeal of Pac-Man they wanted to come out tough on this one too. Hopefully Tank learns for good.
          Who do you think will replace him in the lineup?

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
            That's really going to hurt the Bears. They struggled at times with their interior defensive line on running downs. Is Dvoracek going to be the guy who steps in to replace Tank?
            He's currently the favorite. Tommie and Dusty were tremendous together at Oklahoma, hopefully that carries over to the pro game.

I think even when Tank comes back he'll be a backup.

Comment

Does this mean Dusty Dvoracek likely starts?

EDIT: Nevermind. Questions already been answered.

Comment

He's currently the favorite. Tommie and Dusty were tremendous together at Oklahoma, hopefully that carries over to the pro game.

I think even when Tank comes back he'll be a backup.
                You're really high on Dvoracek. I like his motor but I'm not sold on his overall ability. I guess we'll find out this season.

Bears really like to use smaller DTs. It seems like their starters are always sub-300 pound guys. They do get pressure on the QB but I think it hurts them in the run game. Wasn't that stretch where the defence was struggling caused by the defensive line (specifically the interior) not being able to be stout against the run?

Comment

In a letter to Johnson, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said that he would be prepared to reduce the suspension to the first six regular-season games if Johnson meets certain conditions.

The conditions include:

-- No further adverse involvement with law enforcement and full compliance with any requirements imposed by a court.

-- Compliance with all league requirements, including counseling.

-- No participation in any practices or other organized team activities during the period of the suspension. Johnson may, however, be present at the Bears' facility during the suspension for counseling sessions and other approved activities such as physical treatment or individual workout sessions.

Commissioner Goodell said that he would review the matter no later than Oct. 1 to assess Johnson's progress and determine whether the suspension should be reduced.

More likely to be six I would guess. Those conditions shouldn't be hard to meet and if he gets in trouble with the law again they'll cut him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                    You're really high on Dvoracek. I like his motor but I'm not sold on his overall ability. I guess we'll find out this season.
                    Yes I am. He was my favorite draft pick last year. I think in part because he looks like a Viking (the cool Norweigan kind, not the Purple-wearing kind).

Comment

More likely to be six I would guess. Those conditions shouldn't be hard to meet and if he gets in trouble with the law again they'll cut him anyway.
                      It's going to hurt him a lot on the field if he's not able to practice with the team.

Comment

Yes I am. He was my favorite draft pick last year. I think in part because he looks like a Viking (the cool Norweigan kind, not the Purple-wearing kind).
                        Good addendum, that has to be a difficult compliment for a bears fan.

Comment

Was worried until I read those brackets.

Comment

I believe its 6-8 games, I may be wrong but last I yesterday there would be a meeting to decide.

Comment

Another wheel falls off.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information