Asante Samuel claims he won't show up until Week 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
    Randle homosexual is a very underrated corner.
    Who hasn't been healthy since he was being torched by Michael Lewis in the Superbowl. (Keep in mind I am a lifelong Pats fan). He hasn't been on the field for the past 2 seasons. Anything we get from him is gravy, and it won't be the performance of a gamechanging ball hawk like Samuel. Randall is a solid 3, risky 2. A good comparison is oldster "my man" Otis Smith. He will make some plays, support the run but lacks the quickness to not end up being burned for some hilight reel touchdowns.

Comment

The Pats are so saavy, here's what I think they'll do:

Promise not to franchise Samuel next year to get him to play the entire season for them. They'll use a 2nd rounder on Paul Oliver in the supp draft to replace Samuel if they can't sign him next year. They'll still have 2 1sts and 2 3rds so the 2nd can be used on Oliver with minimal loss.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I doubt he'll sit out a single game. These things always seem to work themselves out.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

They can always move Randy Moss to CB.

Comment

Originally posted by islandboy843 View Post
            Wouldn't that be a sight. Randy Moss the rejuvenated star corner of the New England Patriots. They definitely have the WR depth to do so lol.

Comment

If only the didn't Franchise him. But hey, good for the Jets I guess...
              Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Just play. I'd play any position and work 10 times harder to earn half the salary these guys get.

Comment

I wouldn't want to play either if I was Asante. He earned a big moneym deal last season. So now he has to go out there and play again and risk getting hurt of simply playing worse and losing alot of money. He has no job security with this deal. In the NFL you never know what will happen.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                    The Patriots won a Super Bowl with Randall "Cool" and Troy Brown in their secondary. If we've learned one thing about the Pats over the years, they continue to win with "nothing to write home about" at certain positions.
                    Randall started during 1 Superbowl with Brown never getting the start. In previous superbowls the Pats still had the likes of Poole, Law and Samuel in the backfield to go along with the likes of McGinest, Vrabel, Bruschi, Seymour, Harrison, Wilson etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadLionsFan View Post
                      some stupid tag?.....would you risk the prime of your career on a one year contract?.....would you go out and play the most physical and dangerous sport with no security?.....In a league as cut-throat as the NFL no less....these arm chair QB types tickle my funny bone...
                      you have no funny bone. If you did, you'd realize I made a joke. I'd say more but I refuse to take a 'personal attack' infraction for stating my exact feelings about you. And if I were you I'd start using some normal interpunction, this period-overkill just isn't working for you

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by islandboy843 View Post
                        They could do that or throw Troy Brown back there like they did a couple of seasons ago. If they still have him...

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
                          They could do that or throw Troy Brown back there like they did a couple of seasons ago. If they still have him...
                          Lol are you joking?

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_...48sYEsiWTsYNAF

According to a source with knowledge of the situation, "several teams" have expressed a willingness to meet Asante Samuel's asking price, which is a contract in the neighborhood of the eight-year, $80 million deal free agent Nate Clements signed with the San Francisco 49ers.

The Patriots offered a one-year, $7.79 million franchise tender that Samuel has yet to sign.

The source said the New York Jets inquired about Samuel, but declined to acknowledge their interest or disclose if it was affected by the NFL draft-day trade that netted Pitt corner Darrelle Revis in the first round.

Comment

I can rest happy knowing the Skins have no interest or need in him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I actually think Samuel has more leverage than Briggs. I don't either player has much, but his man-to-man coverage skills are a lot harder to replace than playing WLB in a cover 2 scheme, and generally garners a much higher price tag. I was wondering when he was going to go public, as he has a bigger complaint than Briggs does in all honesty.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information