Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trent Green to Dolphins for 5th round pick that could escalate to a 4th round pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trent Green to Dolphins for 5th round pick that could escalate to a 4th round pick

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6890434?MSNHPHMA

aw shucks, 2 more losses for the Bills ;)

Comment

This took to long. Miami would've been better off getting him in as quickly as possible, as of the draft. He will be a good bridge to John Beck, though.

Comment

alright we might get a 4th for him.a great deal by Carl and Miami

Comment

Nice to see the deal finally got made, but I never really got what kind of leverage the Chiefs thought they had. They had already made it clear Green had little place in their quarterback corps.

Either way, they struck me as overly picky as to the compensation for trading away Green, but at least it's over now.

Comment

Does this mean we won't get to see a heaping pile of awkwardness in front of HBO cameras? Shucks.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Adios Daunte.

I'm still very lukewarm on this. I don't see the point of bringing him in for a year and giving up potentially a 4th rounder. All this likely does is puts us from 4-12 to 6-10.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Finally. bukkake

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                  Nice to see the deal finally got made, but I never really got what kind of leverage the Chiefs thought they had. They had already made it clear Green had little place in their quarterback corps.

Either way, they struck me as overly picky as to the compensation for trading away Green, but at least it's over now.
                  Well once June 1st came and Green was still on the roster we really had no incentive to hurry this deal. Whether we traded/cut him now or the week before the season he was still going to count the same amount against the cap. If Miami really wanted him to be their starting QB this year they needed him in there before training camp so he can get the work in with the offense.

The leverage the Chiefs had was that they didn't have to move him anytime soon but everybody knew the Dolphins wanted him as their starter.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                    Well once June 1st came and Green was still on the roster we really had no incentive to hurry this deal. Whether we traded/cut him now or the week before the season he was still going to count the same amount against the cap. If Miami really wanted him to be their starting QB this year they needed him in there before training camp so he can get the work in with the offense.

The leverage the Chiefs had was that they didn't have to move him anytime soon but everybody knew the Dolphins wanted him as their starter.
                    But it seems like quite a dick move to say, "Yeah, we could deal you and let you get used to playing with your new team. But we won't." And that seemed to be the case for the last few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      But it seems like quite a dick move to say, "Yeah, we could deal you and let you get used to playing with your new team. But we won't." And that seemed to be the case for the last few months.
                      Its also a dick move to say "Well he is worth a 4th rounder, but he wants to come to Miami so you are screwed haha! Here is your 6th!"

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                        Adios Daunte.

I'm still very lukewarm on this. I don't see the point of bringing him in for a year and giving up potentially a 4th rounder. All this likely does is puts us from 4-12 to 6-10.

Because you play to win the game.

They might be able to sneak in as a wildcard. you never know in the NFL. He could definitly play 2 more years as well.

What do you think Culpepper is gonna do now? retirement possibly? Falcons? Raiders for a year?

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out who got the better end of the Daunte/Ryan Cook trade. :)

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

So where is Daunte going?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                              Its also a dick move to say "Well he is worth a 4th rounder, but he wants to come to Miami so you are screwed haha! Here is your 6th!"
                              Um, how so? Green is a vet who maybe has a few years left of real value coming off an injury plagued and statistically poor year from a team that he represents no actual value to.

How does that make his value a 4th rounder, and why are the Dolphins dicks for asking for less?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information