Someone explain to me...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neo View Post
    Joe Montana and John Elway... are you people kidding me. Again Peyton is the greatest QB to ever play the game without playing a superbowl. Superbowls have nothing absolutely nothing to do with individual talent. It has to do with being on a good team... Joesph Addie is better than Barry Sanders with that logic. Its silly and you all know it. Peyton grew up to be the perfect QB and that is what he has become. He is absolutely scary at the line of scrimmage. He is the Robo QB that worked.

Again... Does Peyton not have more TD passes than your boy joe? absolutely and only after 9 seasons...
    McNabb's first 8 seasons are by far superior to Elways.
    Elway also ended his career with 2 SB wins.

Essentially you are a jokeing if you think Elway is in Mannings league...
    Elway HOF, Manning not.

Manning will get there. Until he does Manning is not in Elways league.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post

Elway also ended his career with 2 SB wins.

Elway HOF, Manning not.

Manning will get there. Until he does Manning is not in Elways league.
      If Manning walked out today he wuold be in the hall of fame. The real question isnt if Manning is better than Elway.. he is thats a fact. The question is Donovan McNabb on pace to be better than Elway. He is Thats a fact.

Also Terrell Davis won 2 superbowls. Elway Who?

Comment

Joe Montana and John Elway... are you people kidding me. Again Peyton is the greatest QB to ever play the game without playing a superbowl. Superbowls have nothing absolutely nothing to do with individual talent. It has to do with being on a good team... Joesph Addie is better than Barry Sanders with that logic. Its silly and you all know it. Peyton grew up to be the perfect QB and that is what he has become. He is absolutely scary at the line of scrimmage. He is the Robo QB that worked.

Again... Does Peyton not have more TD passes than your boy joe? absolutely and only after 9 seasons...
        McNabb's first 8 seasons are by far superior to Elways.
        I'm sorry to all the mods but that's the nicest way I can put the following. Shut the **** up. You don't know **** about football. It's people like you that **** up the game for the rest of us who actually understand history and different eras. Not only that, but you're so damn stupid you said "Peyton is the greatest QB ever to play the game without playing a superbowl." He just won Super Bowl MVP five months ago you idiot. Get the **** out and never come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
          I'm sorry to all the mods but that's the nicest way I can put the following. Shut the **** up. You don't know **** about football. It's people like you that **** up the game for the rest of us who actually understand history and different eras. Not only that, but you're so damn stupid you said "Peyton is the greatest QB ever to play the game without playing a superbowl." He just won Super Bowl MVP five months ago you idiot. Get the **** out and never come back.
          You should be banned for this... you are just being a little bit silly i am pretty sure i have demonstrated a superiour football knowledge. I am sorry you have a man crush on elway but regardless of a superbowl or not Manning is better. TEAMS win superbowls... not individual players. Drew Bledsoe won a superbowl does anybody care? No. I understand Elway played back in the day, but that does not excuse him for being awful at throwing the football. I am aware Peyton won the superbowl but that is meaningless on his resume of greatness. Watch the man play he is ridiculuos, unlike that sloppy McNabb wannabe Elway. (McNabb is superior at just about every level through 8 years FACT) Get over your man Crush Peyton is the greatest to ever Play. Opps i forgot Kevin Faulk is a better RB than Barry Sanders right? PUH-LEEEZE

Being on a good team doesnt make you a good player

Comment

Yes i have watched manning play he is ridiculous.... Elway... he was good... McNabb like at best (i am giving him some credit even though his #'s dont hold a flame to McNabb and in 8 seasons McNabb has also won a ton of games without winning a superbowl the same as Elway)

McNabb's First 8 > Elway's first 8. FACT
            Wow, you are a misinformed, confused individual. I have never seen such disgusting fangirl garbage spewed in my entire life. You do realize that the modern era of football is so pansy when it comes to contact that it pretty much allows for passing stats to be grossly inflated for "entertainment." Marino, Elway and Montana played in a time where the defender could maul a receiver and it was just part of the game, and inspite that were still able to put up solid stats and win big games. When Manning can lead his team in the clutch as well as Elway or Montana you call me, because frankly he's still a choker in big situations. Manning has been consitently bad when the games have mattered, you know the ones in Jan. One Super Bowl victory that was lead mostly by defense and a solid run game isn't going to dispell critics'. Addai better than Barry??? Are you joking? Please tell me you are beacuse if you're not that you should never be able to speak about football ever again...

Comment

You should be banned for this...
              Well he won't be.

you are just being a little bit silly i am pretty sure i have demonstrated a superiour football knowledge.
              The fact that you misspelled superior is hilarious, as well as a microcosm for your entire reasoning ability.

I am sorry you have a man crush on elway but regardless of a superbowl or not Manning is better.
              Resorting to homosexual innuendo, fantastic..

TEAMS win superbowls... not individual players. Drew Bledsoe won a superbowl does anybody care? No.
              Drew Bledsoe didn't win the Super Bowl.

I understand Elway played back in the day, but that does not excuse him for being awful at throwing the football.
              It is evident that you don't "understand."

I am aware Peyton won the superbowl but that is meaningless on his resume of greatness.
              Watch the man play he is ridiculuos, unlike that sloppy McNabb wannabe Elway.
              I don't know what "ridiculuos" is, but it is obvious that your knowledge of football consists of the 21st century, with stats as your only way of measuring players that played in an era that was not passing friendly.

(McNabb is superior at just about every level through 8 years FACT)
              John Elway is in the hall of fame. The only time McNabb visits Canton, it will be as a visitor.

Get over your man Crush Peyton is the greatest to ever Play. Opps i forgot Kevin Faulk is a better RB than Barry Sanders right? PUH-LEEEZE
              This argument makes my brain hurt.

See above.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                Wow, you are a misinformed, confused individual. I have never seen such disgusting fangirl garbage spewed in my entire life. You do realize that the modern era of football is so pansy when it comes to contact that it pretty much allows for passing stats to be grossly inflated for "entertainment." Marino, Elway and Montana played in a time where the defender could maul a receiver and it was just part of the game, and inspite that were still able to put up solid stats and win big games. When Manning can lead his team in the clutch as well as Elway or Montana you call me, because frankly he's still a choker in big situations. Manning has been consitently bad when the games have mattered, you know the ones in Jan. One Super Bowl victory that was lead mostly by defense and a solid run game isn't going to dispell critics'. Addai better than Barry??? Are you joking? Please tell me you are beacuse if you're not that you should never be able to speak about football ever again...
                Didnt Elway lose his first 3 superbowls... Sounds like choking to me. Also superbowls dont have anything to do with being a Good QB... not in the least. Mario was able to put up good #'s back when "WR's" were getting mauled so that Argument doesnt hold an ounce of water.

Didnt Addai win a superbowl, with your logic he is a better RB than Barry is he not. Of course i know barry is just about the greatest to ever carry the rock, but with your logic Addai is better RIGHT? be consistant

Comment

You should be banned for this... you are just being a little bit silly i am pretty sure i have demonstrated a superiour football knowledge. I am sorry you have a man crush on elway but regardless of a superbowl or not Manning is better. TEAMS win superbowls... not individual players. Drew Bledsoe won a superbowl does anybody care? No. I understand Elway played back in the day, but that does not excuse him for being awful at throwing the football. I am aware Peyton won the superbowl but that is meaningless on his resume of greatness. Watch the man play he is ridiculuos, unlike that sloppy McNabb wannabe Elway. (McNabb is superior at just about every level through 8 years FACT) Get over your man Crush Peyton is the greatest to ever Play. Opps i forgot Kevin Faulk is a better RB than Barry Sanders right? PUH-LEEEZE

I think theres a reason you have negative rep.

Comment

The argument of Kevin Faulk being a better RB then Barry Sanders is ridiculous way to prove a point that doesn't work. First of all, people who aruge taht Super Bowls are the only way to judge players, use QBs as their examples. Secondly, Faulk wasn't even a starter, making your argument even further from being conceived as realistic.

Claiming that Donovan McNabb is on pace to be better then Elway as fact is ridiculous and shows you have no respect for anyone playing in another era. Elway, Marino, these guys are miles ahead of Peyton Manning, and no stat will convince people otherwise. Your stats argument is just as absurd as saying Jon Kitna threw for more yards then Tom Brady, he is a better QB. So far you've provided nothing but stats, and if we are just using stats that claim is valid....but its not, because there is more to QBs then just their stats.

I doubt anyone else shares the same view as Peyton being miles ahead of Elway, and being the greatest QB of all time. Stop being blinded by the present, and open your eyes to the fact that the game was different years ago.

You claim Manning is the one that makes the offense great, but then say its teams that win Super Bowls. Manning's team won the Super Bowl, but he is the only reason they are great according to you. He has a cast of first rounders and pro-bowlers receiving and blocking for him, you cannot actually think that he is already the greatest of all time at QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      Well he won't be.

The fact that you misspelled superior is hilarious, as well as a microcosm for your entire reasoning ability.

Resorting to homosexual innuendo, fantastic..

Drew Bledsoe didn't win the Super Bowl.

It is evident that you don't "understand."

I don't know what "ridiculuos" is, but it is obvious that your knowledge of football consists of the 21st century, with stats as your only way of measuring players that played in an era that was not passing friendly.

John Elway is in the hall of fame. The only time McNabb visits Canton, it will be as a visitor.

This argument makes my brain hurt.

See above.
                      I see you play favorites, and i wasnt talking about anything sexual about it unless you seem to get off thinking about that. I was saying "man crush" a heterosexual man crush.
                      Bledsoe did win a superbowl, check his ring finger.
                      Mario Did just fine didnt he, stop covering for Elways suckiness. Elway shouldnt have been throwing to the other team so damn often.
                      McNabb's first 8 years are better than elways on just about every level are they not?

Comment

1. You should be banned for having little knowledge of the sport and being a possible troll.

2. Superior football knowledge? Sorry, but the only knowledge you have is stats. You have no concept of era and actual talent.

3. I don't have a man crush on Elway. I think Manning is one of the top twenty quarterbacks of all-time at this point but for you to say he is EASILY the GREATEST is just insane.

4. Yes, I am aware teams win Super Bowls. I'll be the first to tell you that the rings arguement is stupid. The thing I'm pissed about is for lack of respect for intelligent members of this forum.

5. Drew Bledsoe won a Super Bowl as a back-up quarterback.

6. Awful at throwing the football? I'm sorry but I'm done. I'm done reading your posts. Get out.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                          The argument of Kevin Faulk being a better RB then Barry Sanders is ridiculous way to prove a point that doesn't work. First of all, people who aruge taht Super Bowls are the only way to judge players, use QBs as their examples. Secondly, Faulk wasn't even a starter, making your argument even further from being conceived as realistic.

Claiming that Donovan McNabb is on pace to be better then Elway as fact is ridiculous and shows you have no respect for anyone playing in another era. Elway, Marino, these guys are miles ahead of Peyton Manning, and no stat will convince people otherwise. Your stats argument is just as absurd as saying Jon Kitna threw for more yards then Tom Brady, he is a better QB. So far you've provided nothing but stats, and if we are just using stats that claim is valid....but its not, because there is more to QBs then just their stats.

I doubt anyone else shares the same view as Peyton being miles ahead of Elway, and being the greatest QB of all time. Stop being blinded by the present, and open your eyes to the fact that the game was different years ago.

You claim Manning is the one that makes the offense great, but then say its teams that win Super Bowls. Manning's team won the Super Bowl, but he is the only reason they are great according to you. He has a cast of first rounders and pro-bowlers receiving and blocking for him, you cannot actually think that he is already the greatest of all time at QB.

Mario put up great #'s stop covering for the fact Elway threw to the other team often.

Also McNabb's first 8 years are better than Elways, explain to me how they are not

Comment

You do realize that football wasn't invented in 1998, right?

Comment

Mario put up great #'s stop covering for the fact Elway threw to the other team often.

Also McNabb's first 8 years are better than Elways, explain to me how they are not
                              Who the hell is Mario? Marino? Unless I'm being completely stupid right now I can't understand what argument your making here.

No, McNabb's first eight years are not better then Elway's, and even if they were, a QB is not better then someone else because of their first eight years alone, Elway had a HOF career, won Super Bowls, won games, and is most known for his amazing comebacks. You'll just say QB's don't win games, teams do, and make some ridiculous points about how with that logic Addai is better then Barry Sanders, when it really doesn't apply. Elway led his team to Super Bowls though, and won games for them in overtime and the fourth quarter, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                                1. You should be banned for having little knowledge of the sport and being a possible troll.

2. Superior football knowledge? Sorry, but the only knowledge you have is stats. You have no concept of era and actual talent.

3. I don't have a man crush on Elway. I think Manning is one of the top twenty quarterbacks of all-time at this point but for you to say he is EASILY the GREATEST is just insane.

4. Yes, I am aware teams win Super Bowls. I'll be the first to tell you that the rings arguement is stupid. The thing I'm pissed about is for lack of respect for intelligent members of this forum.

5. Drew Bledsoe won a Super Bowl as a back-up quarterback.

6. Awful at throwing the football? I'm sorry but I'm done. I'm done reading your posts. Get out.
                                1) Its obvious that i have tons of knowledge.
                                2) Stats are one of my many talents, as is destroying people in arguments by using logical arguments and not simple mancrush arguments of "the golden days"
                                3) Top 20 LOL he is one of the top 20 i guess... the # is 1
                                4) It is a stupid argument make sure you tell those people. Atleast i bring something to the table, which are called facts.
                                5) SUPERBOWL CHAMP HE IS BETTER THAN MARIO RIGHT.... Puh-leeze
                                6) I used awful as a comparasion to peyton, McNabb is a very good QB, Elway is around there... a bit lower.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information