Who is the NFL's One Major Icon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post

Your going to deny Mike Vick isn't recognizable?

Comment

in england people know about people like
      tom brady
      ray lewis
      jersey names are mainly known in england amongst the general people

Comment

It should be LT. He's probably the best player since Jim Brown. But unlike Manning he doesnt do a ton of commericals. He had like 1or2 on NFLN

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

It should be LT but because he's only got small exposure compared to some players it'll be harder for him.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
              Creeeeepy.

Comment

Easy, he's laying on the floor in this pic.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
                  Brett Favre zombie.

Comment

Joe Montana or Emmit Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                      Peyton is taking on that kind of image right now, and yeah there are guys like Jonny U, Montana, Marino, Rice who have that kind of stigma. I also think John Madden should have his name thrown into the mix. But no there is no guy in football like a Michael Jordan to the NBA, Muhammad Ali to boxing, or Gretzky to the NHL. i.e. a guy who is the undisputed best ever.
                      You nailed it. It's absolutely John Madden. I can't believe nobody said it sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                        Your going to deny Mike Vick isn't recognizable?
                        Well, seeing as how the question pertains to "icon" and not "recognizable" I will chose to ignore the "recognizable" part.

Vick is an icon to dog fighters, not the NFL.

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        You nailed it. It's absolutely John Madden. I can't believe nobody said it sooner.
                        I did seriously. Then I thought about it and thought some people might try and play me on it.

Comment

noooooooo...reggie bush did change things in the football world. cmon now. its reggie bush

Comment

Roger Clemens? Are you kidding me? Greg Maddux is 10 times the pitcher he is, without a doubt. If you want to call anyone the modern day Cy Young, it's Greg Maddux. The only reason Clemens name is in the news is because he is with the Yankees.

MLB "Icons" - Current - Pujols, Mauer, Arod, Bonds, Jeter, Griffey Jr., Randy Johnson, Ortiz, Manny, the Young Mets (Wright and Reyes), and so on.
                            MLB Past "Icons" - Pete Rose, Sandy Koufax, Willie Mays, Mickey Mantle, the Babe, Nolan Ryan, Lou Gerhig, Joe Dimaggio, ect.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                              Roger Clemens? Are you kidding me? Greg Maddux is 10 times the pitcher he is, without a doubt. If you want to call anyone the modern day Cy Young, it's Greg Maddux. The only reason Clemens name is in the news is because he is with the Yankees.
                              Too bad Cy Young is the most overrated pitcher of all-time. Explain to me how you can pitch in 900 something games and not get 3000 strikeouts. Walter Johnson was twice the pitcher Young was.

Comment

Brett Farve is not even close to being the Icon of present day NFL, much less of All Time.

Current - LT, Peyton, Brady, Champ Bailey, Ed Reed, Shaun Alexander, and many more. It pretty much just depends on where you live. Right now, in Louisiana, Reggie, Deuce, Drew are all Icons, along with every LSU player on the roster.

Past - JOE MONTANA, Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Joe Namath, the original LT, ect.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information