Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona Cardinals Discussion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by johbur View Post
    Conversely, I thought Gandy did a fine job on Harrison.
    Gandy did a horrible job on Harrison. Looking at the stats, Harrison had 0 sacks, but Gandy was called for atleast 3 holding penalties (which wouldve been sacks for Harrison) that cost his team a lot of yards and put them in bad situations.

    Comment


    • Tough loss cards fans, I thought the cards played a better overall game and the steelers really just had luck on their side with the pick six and amazing game winning TD. You should be proud of your teams perfomance they left nothing on the field and played their hearts out. Congratulations on being NFC champs and even tho you didn't win the big one you still accomplished alot this year.

      A Lions fan...

      Comment


      • Tough loss for you guys, I was really pulling for ya. When Warner hit Fitz on that long TD pass I was literally jumping up and screaming for him to take it all the way. Unfortunately the D (who played excellent most of the game) couldn't hold, DRC bit hard on a Big Ben pump on the long pass play to Santonio. That was the point in the drive when I knew the Steelers were gonna win. Too bad, I thought you guys played better, just shot yourselves in the foot with all those penalties.

        Comment


        • Just wanted to congratulate you guys on a great game. Well played on both sides. Maybe the best SB I've ever had the pleasure of watching. Back and forth with two great comebacks in the 4th qtr.

          One of my favorite parts of the post-season (aside from us winning the SB) is seeing Adrian Wilson finally get the national respect he deserves. Dude is not only a great player but, as far as I know, has no off the field issues and seems to be a very respectable guy.

          I also like seeing two former Pitt stars having success in the NFL - Fitz and Hayes.

          If you guys can keep the team together you should have a lot to look forward to.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CDub View Post
            Just wanted to congratulate you guys on a great game. Well played on both sides. Maybe the best SB I've ever had the pleasure of watching. Back and forth with two great comebacks in the 4th qtr.

            One of my favorite parts of the post-season (aside from us winning the SB) is seeing Adrian Wilson finally get the national respect he deserves. Dude is not only a great player but, as far as I know, has no off the field issues and seems to be a very respectable guy.

            I also like seeing two former Pitt stars having success in the NFL - Fitz and Hayes.

            If you guys can keep the team together you should have a lot to look forward to.
            Warner is what 38? Welcome to another 50 years of searching for a QB Cardinals...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by iBoldin View Post
              So, it will take a few days to digest this loss. I mean, we were so close, only to fall so short. Some questionable calls, decisions, etc. But I'm not going to dwell on that too much.

              I think our needs are as followed.

              - A reliable, veteran Corner. Too many times tonight Santonio Holmes ran rampant on DRC, and Rod Hood continued to look lost. Growing pains at the wrong time. I would also like to add a corner via our 2nd, 3rd or 4th round draft pick. Jairus Byrd out of Oregon is one kid I'm really starting to like.

              - Left Tackle. Mike Gandy, another player who played brilliant at times in the regular season, but had a pedestrian playoffs. You have to contemplate moving up to get one of the big four, I think. I'd especially like Oher, I don't know why he's falling down people's boards.

              - I'd like to add a stud linebacker or defensive end like Terrell Suggs. Our defense has done well in the post-season with the line we have, and I think Darnell Dockett could become a top 5 defensive tackle with a guy like Suggs absorbing double teams.

              - Running back. A given, even though Edge and Hightower are both fairly reliable. A quick, dynamic guy change of pace type of back such as Rashad Jennings out of Liberty would be great.

              - Kick return specialist. Either in the draft, or in Free Agency. I'd really like to go out and get Darren Sproles. He would give our offense and ST yet another dynamic option. Unlikely, but I can dream.
              Rashad Jennings isn't really a change of pace back. Honestly he's a similar player to Hightower, and IMO Hightower is quicker and runs harder. If you can get your hands on Shady in the first than you don't hesitate to get him, but then consider someone like Devin Moore or Mike Goodson mid rounds. Maybe even D.J. Boldin who could be a nice 3rd down receiving RB as well as slot receiver.

              Sig By:The Dynasty

              2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                Rashad Jennings isn't really a change of pace back. Honestly he's a similar player to Hightower, and IMO Hightower is quicker and runs harder. If you can get your hands on Shady in the first than you don't hesitate to get him, but then consider someone like Devin Moore or Mike Goodson mid rounds. Maybe even D.J. Boldin who could be a nice 3rd down receiving RB as well as slot receiver.
                I actually meant to say Jeremiah Johnson, and that I'd like to get Rashad Jennings as part of a running back trio. More or less two options.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by iBoldin View Post
                  I actually meant to say Jeremiah Johnson, and that I'd like to get Rashad Jennings as part of a running back trio. More or less two options.
                  Jeremiah Johnson would be an amazing option as a change of pace back to Hightower.


                  Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

                  Comment


                  • I'd use a 1st on any of the top 3 backs, but after that I'm not a big fan of this drafts RBs. Johnson in the 4th or 5th wouldn't be bad though.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                      I'd use a 1st on any of the top 3 backs, but after that I'm not a big fan of this drafts RBs. Johnson in the 4th or 5th wouldn't be bad though.
                      I agree with the Fenikz.

                      Comment


                      • I've actually been thinking of this situation more and more lately, and I've come to grips that our offense will still be alright if we do end up trading Anquan.

                        Steve Breaston had a magnificent season, he works the underneath routes brilliantly, and is the perfect third option that this offense depends on. I honestly believe that his emergence could lead to 'Quan being traded this off-season or the next if he continues to elevate his play.

                        Don't forget about the development of Early Doucet, either. He didn't look too bad in the time he got, and I think he could be a dependable slot man, or fourth guy in our rotation if we either draft one or sign a veteran option.

                        If Anquan is in fact traded this season, let's say to Philadelphia for a 1st and a 2nd, I wouldn't mind going this route;

                        - Draft a solid defensive player or offensive lineman, BPA, with our pick from the Eagles.

                        - Then draft Hakeem Nicks, a mastermind at running routes, a perfect compliment to Larry Fitzgerald as well.

                        - Move up into the early fourth round and grab Devin Moore out of Wyoming. The lightning to Hightower's thunder.

                        - Sign a Nate Washington, or another jack-of-all-trades type receiver. This would give us a core of Larry Fitzgerald, Hakeem Nicks (or other WR), Steve Breaston, FA pick-up and Early Doucet.

                        Just something to spark some discussion.

                        Comment


                        • Don't forget Jerheme Urban, he is the typical possession 3rd down WR, made a ton of huge catches for us in the playoffs for 1st downs

                          Comment


                          • I'm really keen to see Doucet develop next season if he has the opportunity, given how highly he was regarded in his college career and the comparisions to Q.

                            If we can conjure an effective running game for next season, Fitz, Breaston, and Doucet/Urban should be potent enough to be quite effective.

                            Comment


                            • Haley is heading to KC, basically saw this coming but it's still a big loss. I think he is going to do a great job as a head coach though, now do we promote from within or go look around?

                              Whiz is going to take over play calling duties so not much of a loss I guess
                              Last edited by fenikz; 02-06-2009, 04:18 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Pendergast fired.

                                http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...ergastout.html

                                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information