Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vick Indicted by a FED Grand Jury

Federal Indictments are not good.

Guessing that the Commish will hand down a 4 game suspension soon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

What a travesty. That's the only way I can sum up my feelings. It's going to be hard to root for the Falcons as long as he is the team's starting QB. Here's to Brian Brohm in '08.

Comment

I'm with you Shiv...I was a huge supporter of his until this...I know he's not been proven guilty yet, but to be linked with this stuff...lets just hope it ends with us having him free of guilt, or us free of his contract on our salary cap...

Comment

Mike Vick Screwed you over!
        Mike Vick go to hell!
        Go to hell, go to hell go to hell

Originally posted by BeansDooma
        who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole is reporting that Vick is likely to be suspended according to league sources. He's broken quite a few stories, so I trust his article.

Comment

I'd have a hard time believing he wouldn't be...

Comment

Well ESPN is reporting he won't be until he's convicted. Then again, ESPN also reported he wouldn't be indicted two weeks ago.

Comment

Hello Joey Harrington :(

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                  Mike Vick Screwed you over!
                  Mike Vick go to hell!
                  Go to hell, go to hell go to hell

Innocent until proven guilty?

It doesn't look good though.

Comment

i will say, this isnt good for Vick, the league, or the Falcons...

but i wanted to point out, how ESPN put him out there was very distasteful, and ive never seen anything like that...I mean he hasnt been proven guilty yet, and they graphically talked about how the dogs were killed, along with putting on a "proven witness" with his identity withheld and voice changed, to talk about how he "knew" vick was a heavyweight in the dog fighting ring and what we saw...

I thought that was really unnecessary, im pretty sure alot of these athletes have people back at home who do not like them for whatever reason, they made it and they didnt, or they have money and their broke, so i dont think it would be hard to find someone to speak about seeing mike vick even if that wasnt the case...its not like that guy was another athlete who was going to come and speak out, for all we know it was a nobody that was still mad about vicks success...and i thought it was pointless for ESPN to show something like that so soon into a case, or at all period...

I dont think they would have done the same for other athletes, and i thought it was out of place...CNN thats ok, but this is ESPN, and they basically put a lasting imprint in peoples minds about vick whether he is convicted or not

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

On NFL live a few minutes ago, Chris Mortensen just dropped the "Goodell could give him a lifetime ban" take.

Mortensen is such a clown. There will be a suspension, but a lifetime ban isn't going to happen.
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by flrybranch View Post
                        Federal Indictments are not good.

Guessing that the Commish will hand down a 4 game suspension soon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
                        it should be indefinate and we should cut his ass.

Owner of ScarDraft
                        Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

I believe that the movie 1974 movie, The Longest Yard starring Burt Reynolds, showed us that in prison former NFL players can maintain a career.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
                            On NFL live a few minutes ago, Chris Mortensen just dropped the "Goodell could give him a lifetime ban" take.

Mortensen is such a clown. There will be a suspension, but a lifetime ban isn't going to happen.
                            i always thought he was pretty reliable. i doubt he will get lifetime as well but he deserves at least the same as pacman if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post

He said only if he is convicted, or takes a plea bargain. He was positive that Vick won't be suspended until due process is met.

One expert who was on PTI, who formally worked with the NFL, said that Vick will miss a part of the season regardless. You cannot pull a Kobe Bryant in the NFL, practice and preparation are crucial. All the more so because he is a Quarterback. He also mentioned that all NFL contracts allow for the team to void bonus money if incidents like this arrive.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information