No announcement yet.

Cut List:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah milner shouldnt have made the team. and carrington > mallard. shroppy and tj were beasts.

Comment

Nah i didnt like Shropshire. Id of picked TJackson instead of Montavious Stanley seeing as he has only been with us for a week, he either must of shown immense promise or Petrino must be hoping he will go back to his Loiusville days.

Milner over Fells baffles me too, if Fells has the same amount of passes his way in the preseason i gaurentee he comes up with more catches than Milner. Football politics

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
      He's our 5th CB...don't get me wrong I'm glad we have him over Rossy, but I hope he doesn't even see the field other than ST on which he is a beast.
      I agree in theory, but last year i thought "i dont care about Rossom not being able to cover, he is the #5 CB anyway, he will never see the feild" but it happened and it was heart breaking to watch mediocore QB's throwing bad passes to bad WR and looking like all stars and getting 1st down after first down simply by throwing at Rossum. This year at least we have a guy that can tackle them if they catch the ball on him
      Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff; 09-02-2007, 02:39 AM.
      Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

I am pretty surprised with the releases of Fells, Shrop, and Tommy Jackson. Very surprising, in my opinion.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

actually guys our 5th CB is Jimmy or Crocker.

Owner of ScarDraft
          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
            I am pretty surprised with the releases of Fells, Shrop, and Tommy Jackson. Very surprising, in my opinion.

I was surprised about Fells, I heard he had impressed the coaching staff. Obviously Milner had a built in advantage being a 4th round draft pick.

Shropshire and Tommy Jackson have never impressed me. They were Mora and Donatell's pet project D-Lineman. It's no surprise to me that Petrino replaced them with two new project D-Lineman in Stanley and Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              I was surprised about Fells, I heard he had impressed the coaching staff. Obviously Milner had a built in advantage being a 4th round draft pick.

Shropshire and Tommy Jackson have never impressed me. They were Mora and Donatell's pet project D-Lineman. It's no surprise to me that Petrino replaced them with two new project D-Lineman in Stanley and Lewis.
              Very true, but Milner didnt seem to impress at all during Preseason. I was really looking forward to seeing Fells play. Oh well. Maybe Milner can learn to catch and become decent.

Wasnt Ben Patrick available when we took Milner?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

We cut Sneiling and Beck today

Patrick was drafted in the 7th round

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                  We cut Sneiling and Beck today

Beck was an experiment that just didn't work, sadly. He had his shot last pre-season when Hartwell was hurt to step up, rather than doing so he forced the team to move Keith Brooking back over to MLB.

Snelling is surprising. What is the team's plan for short yardage? Are they planning on acquiring anyone?

Comment

We signed Artus (?) Pinner, I read it on AJC

Comment

Oh, that guy. He had a 125 yard, 3-TD game last year. He can't be that bad for a #3.

Comment

he is 5"10 230 plus, he is basically an experienced Snelling. I hope they put Snelling on the PS i really liked that guy and wish he wouldnt of been cut.

I dont like the way this whole process works, it just seems so risky to train and interact with a player for months and months and then all of a sudden you cut them and replace them with a guy you have no prior experience with, who you have never trained or dealt with them, AND in the case of Montavious Stanley been terrible so far in his career.

Things will get interesting if Harrington takes a shot in the Minnesota game and then Redman gets blindsided and is out of the game too. I love this coaching staff but they have lost me a bit these last few days
                        Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

any word on if we will sign a 3rd QB ?

Comment

They are looking for a veteran. I personally think the fact that they haven't signed anyone is prove that Walter is who they want.

Comment

I have to agree with you Shiver, I think they really like Walter and hope he gets his walking papers.

Comment

They need Jamarcus to sign and soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information