Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W6 (MNF) Giants vs. Falcons

What I learned last week:
    • Michael Boley is a stud, period. I absolutely love having him.
    • Jamaal Anderson did very well, he just needs to notch a sack here or there.
    • The defense has the potential to play very well on any given week.
    • For some reason the offense and defense are unable to play well at the same time.
    • Joey Harrington is way too inconsistent. Hopefully for this game he's a home/road guy.
    • Byron Leftwich looked awful and there is no way he should have been in the game.
    • Atlanta needs a RB in the worst way. Warrick Dunn is looking his age and Norwood hasn't progressed like I would have wanted.
    I am terrified this next week because Osi Umenyiora gets to terrorize Renaldo Forster. This could get ugly. He may get double digit sacks for the season in six games!
    Last edited by Shiver; 10-08-2007, 02:21 PM.

Renardo Forster, you mean aye? And yeah did you see what Alge said after the game? its on AF.com msg boards, the team is starting to get fired up at our coaches

Heres a Scenario. Would you (hypotheticaly)
    A) sign Michael Turner and draft a stud MLBer? Personally i love Rey Rey. Him and Boley, yikes
    B) sign Karlos Dansby and draft McFadden
    Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff; 10-08-2007, 04:57 AM.
    Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

I didn't see it...what did he say?

Comment

Michael Boley is such an animal.

Here's to hoping John Abraham makes Eli life a living hell!

I'm predicting 31-14 Giants.

Comment

Boley is amazing. So well rounded.

Osi is gonna hurt us so much. Hopefuly we double team him and have quick 3 step drops and such. Othewise, their defense isnt too scary.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Well...I must say that we're going to have to force turnovers in bunches...Boley is going to have to stick with Shockley a lot, between him and Williams I think we'll be fine...but that means Jamaal has to show up in the pass rush as well as against the run. Grady had a HUGE game for us this week against the run, stuffing that strong up hill running the Titans have so that makes me more confident that we'll be able to handle Jacobs...but man he's strong. Plax causes matchup problems, even for Deangelo with his ability so I'm excited to watch that. Offensively we have to hit backs in the flats and spread that D out as much as possible. Osi the last 2 weeks has been a terror. Sacks come in bunches, so either he's going to be an animal or we'll finally shut him down, but it's not like they don't have other ways to force pressure with their defense...

Comment

I am really excited to see Hall match up on Burress. Burress has such a height advantage. Hall could be made out to look like a fool this game.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
                Renardo Forster, you mean aye?
                It was late and I was thinking about the former Broncos' OT. LOL

And yeah did you see what Alge said after the game? its on AF.com msg boards, the team is starting to get fired up at our coaches
                Alge just doesn't understand that it IS a rebuilding year and they want to phase out the old players who are unproductive. I thought Alge's rant was thoughtless and ill conceived. He needs to realize that the team just isn't good right now, so they might as well develop young players.

A) sign Michael Turner and draft a stud MLBer? Personally i love Rey Rey. Him and Boley, yikes
                I would definitely go with option B.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
                  Renardo Forster, you mean aye? And yeah did you see what Alge said after the game? its on AF.com msg boards, the team is starting to get fired up at our coaches

um, maybe it's just me but when did MLB become the biggest need? cause I have it like #8...

LT
                  QB
                  RB
                  RT
                  NT
                  SS
                  WLB (should D-mo leave)
                  MLB

Owner of ScarDraft
                  Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                    um, maybe it's just me but when did MLB become the biggest need? cause I have it like #8...

LT
                    QB
                    RB
                    RT
                    NT
                    SS
                    WLB (should D-mo leave)
                    MLB
                    to me Brooking has lost a step big time, alot of people see that, he makes contact but the guy doesnt come down for another 2 yards, he is slow, he cant cover . To me we have alot of needs and we should try to maximise value for them. If we sign a RB and are happy with Joey's play, (the two hypotheticals for the above scenario) then I'm happy to draft a MLB in round one. Especially with guys like Barry Richardson and Tony Hills as well as Frank Okam and Red Bryant likley to be great value in the 2nd, Richardson and Okam would be great value, 4 2nd round steals in 2 years.

SS- I think Crocker has improved this year. I fully expect him to slide to SS to replace Lawyer when he retires and Jimmy to finally click and become the FS and with Stone backing up at SS, i dont want to draft a FS before very late in the draft, or maybe bring in a vet in F/A. So compared with everywhere else I wouldnt rate SS all that highley

WLB - I'm impressed with Nicolas not a need IMO except for some depth behind him

Comment

As for first round priorities here are mine:

QB
                      LT
                      DT
                      RB
                      MLB
                      RT

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post

QB
                        LT
                        DT
                        RB
                        MLB
                        RT

It really depends who is still around when we are picking.

Comment

Well it's always about B.P.A.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post

QB
                            LT
                            DT
                            RB
                            MLB
                            RT
                            yup and im 100% sure that at least one of them will be taken care of via F/A. it wont be the QB or OT's for obivious reasons. Qb is a need, the degree to which depends on Joey though. Therefore a MLB in earlier rounds isnt all that crazy, IMO. No more so than HB and DT.

NEWS
                            Wayne Gandy, out for the year, i wonder how Forster will go. Can't be any worse than Blalock so far
                            Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff; 10-08-2007, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Blalock is learning a new position, I will expect improvement soon though.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information