No announcement yet.

FA and Trade thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would do it but only if it was Barber and both first round picks. Anything less would be a no. Or Barber, a first, a second, and a future second.

But that's very unlikely.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

At this point I doubt anyone wants to come here. Players, coaches, general managers, etcetra (spelling). Ugh.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

really sucks to be a falcons fan right now.

Comment

hmmm... what about Jamal Lewis? Bring in Max Starks for RT, and bring in some OL through the draft as well like the Browns did. imagine getting Starks, Long, having Blalock, and McClure and Forney already, I can see us havign a very solid run game.

Owner of ScarDraft
          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Vilma would be great, but this year I would really like to see FA and Draft concentrate on the Offence.

Long or Starks at RT
            A LT to develope behind Weiner
            An OG to repleace Forney
            A 1st and 2nd down RB to repelace DUnn
            And 2 QB's, a young one to hold the clipboard and a vet to take the beatdown that coming next season.

Unless the new coach wants to run the 3-4 in which case the Falcons can't possibly get everything needed.

Comment

I think we need to sign a veteran CB. Chris Houston is not ready for the pro game yet. He is picked on constantly.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                I think we need to sign a veteran CB. Chris Houston is not ready for the pro game yet. He is picked on constantly.
                Houston will be fine. I think he's picked on because he's hit that Rookie wall and needs to have more games to break through it. but he will he'll be fine. playing across from Hall doesn't help. I think what we need is a NT and a MLB and our defense will be set for the most part. I think our biggest problems lie in those spots. I think we shoudl trade our later 2nd for Vilma and sign Starks and Haynesworth and Jamal Lewis if possible.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

Unless we get another top 5 corner somehow, he's going to be picked on constantly. You can't throw at Deangelo...sorry...if you do you're stupid. But if you don't pick on a rookie you're a weak coach. The thing is Houston is developing and learning one of the toughest positions in the NFL. Looks like he's going to be a real winner to me, and I don't think we could find another corner to do a BETTER job than he will be doing. I'm glad he's getting to play now, and next season he'll be more ready. Remember this is the toughest year of football for any rookie in their entire life. They didn't get any breaks from football like they normally do.

I want to spend money in the trenches this year. Haynesworth and Starks sounds like a GREAT offseason to me.

Comment

I know Houston will be the answer in the future, but I think we need a CB who can react to the ball better, until Houston's ball skills get better. I was happy to have him on our team today because we needed to lose and I knew the other team would pick on him easily. Imagine if we wanted to win...

I think we need to pick up a decent FA and have Houston at nickel until he gets better.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

No thanks, leave him as the starter opposite Hall. Waste of money to go out and sign a FA and have a supertalented kid sit and wait and waste time he could be out there really improving and helping us win. He had 1 great game already, it was just a flash, but it will show up, right now he's locked onto WRs and not watching the ball...I'd rather have that than the other. Having him out there IS us putting our best players out there and trying to win. Him opposite Hall is going to be NASTY next season, especially with a healthy coleman lewis babs rotation that will increase our pass rush.

Comment

Yeah, I'd rather hold onto Houston unless we want to make an ustoppable corner tandem and go after someone like Asomugha.

Comment

Jeez guys. I am not saying like cut Houston. I am just saying bring in a veteran for a season and have Houston play nickel, and if he gets more comfortable, make him a starter.

Comment

Jeez guys. I am not saying like cut Houston. I am just saying bring in a veteran for a season and have Houston play nickel, and if he gets more comfortable, make him a starter.

I don't even want that. Houston has so much potential, that I'd rather let him go out there even if he is getting beat.

Comment

I was fine with it because our season is going nowhere this year. But next year...who knows. We may be competitive. If next year is also another rebuilding year, then its fine.

Comment

I was fine with it because our season is going nowhere this year. But next year...who knows. We may be competitive. If next year is also another rebuilding year, then its fine.
                                no, Houston is doing better each and every week. Hall got beat his freshman year too.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information