FA and Trade thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FA and Trade thread

I cannot bear to watch this Falcon run defense. I think we just gave up like 40 yards to michael bennet on 3 carries.

Is anyone here interested in Jonathan Vilma? I say we give up one of our 2nd round picks (preferably Houstons) and take Vilma away from a system that doesnt suit him at all. He can be the instinctive MLB that we need. Pair him up with Boley and thats a great duo.

And in the FA, we need to get another big DT. A big guy to take up space. I know we have injuries at the DT position, but we need more depth and rotation as well. Drafting Dorsey will not do it. I dont think he can play NT like we need, and I think we are fine at UT with Coleman and Babs (I think Babs might be a capable starter as well).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Vilma would be amazing to get
    i think hes deffinitly worth a 2nd rounder

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

I'd go fishing for that...but lets see who we're going to bring in here and see if we run a 4-3 or 3-4 first. If we stick with a 4-3 then I'd like to look at him see if we could bring him in for a 3rd rounder...he's not going to draw much because they don't have the cards...they can't really use him there and it's not he's going to be happy...so they have to take what they can get.

Comment

Why are all of you writing off Trey Lewis? He was doing exceptionally well before he got hurt. I think Coleman needs to be replaced before Lewis.

Comment

Lewis is good but could use a solid player to rotate with him. Coleman and BAbs are hte rotation there. IMO I think we sign Corey Williams from GB to rotate with Lewis and then also sign a guy in the OL.

Owner of ScarDraft
          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

We need depth.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Where in the world is Justin Blalock? After the first few games he impressed me, but now he's not playing.

Comment

He didn't play today? You sure? I haven't watched the whole game yet...but last I noticed not noticing an offensive lineman is good...

Comment

If we do end up with Mike Singletary as our coach I know he really loves his LB's so I wouldnt be suprise if we do make a run for Vilma

Comment

Originally posted by falconsrule View Post
                    If we do end up with Mike Singletary as our coach I know he really loves his LB's so I wouldnt be suprise if we do make a run for Vilma
                    I would actually. Singletary loves his LB,s but that means he would draft hsi own young guy and mold him. I coudl see us taking Vince Hall.

Owner of ScarDraft
                    Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Vince Hall is a MLB I'd LOVE to have.

Comment

He's a beast. Nice 3rd or 4th round pick.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Hm. Apparently there are chances of us trading our first to Dallas for M. Barber and a couple of other picks. It could happen. Not saying there are already talks about it.

He would be an unbelievable compliment to Norwood. Both would share carries, making sure each is fresh, and each is motivated during each play (problem Barber might have if he is the every down back.

Comment

I'd rather hold our own pick really.

Comment

I'd be vaguely tempted to take Barber and the Cowboys' two first round picks, but I really don't see it happening. That would value Barber as a 1st rounder in his own right, which is a stretch. That said, he'd be a great complement to Norwood, and:

1a: QB
                              1b: LT
                              2a: RG
                              2b: NT
                              3: MLB

So, our (old) first day haul would be, let's say:

Barber, Woodson, Loadholt, Duke Robinson, Frank Okam, and Vince Hall. That would be a pretty decent nucleus to add to Hall, Boley, Anderson, Babs, Roddy, Norwood, Houston, Williams...

Then add in Free Agents.

As I said, I doubt Dallas would do it, and it's even slightly undervalued for us; still, if we're going to reset, having that number of high picks would be very helpful.
                              TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information