Cut Possibilites?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut Possibilites?

I have a feeling we see a lot of cuts, some not expected. Especially as Bobby Petrino tries to mold the team around him vision, and expels Jim Mora's 'guys.' My early predictions:

Matt Lehr
    Eric Beverly
    Jason Webster
    Allen Rossum
    Ed Hartwell
    Ike Reese
    Last edited by Shiver; 03-03-2007, 02:23 AM.

I think they have an outside chance of getting a 3rd for Hartwell. If they don't I still think they cut him afterwards. I honestly don't see Kerney getting resigned, he'll want top dollar and he's an aging DE with season ending injury in his past.
    Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
    Dave is right
    Originally posted by duckseason
    Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.

Comment

I agree with everyone you have up there.

Comment

I think Lehr is good depth for a solid price, and doubt Webster is cut this year unless a good CB falls. He should be a very good nickle.

Comment

Matt Lehr is a poor fit for the blockers, Petrino/Jackson's offense wants.

Jason Webster is an even worse fit for Mike Zimmer's man to man cover corners.

Comment

Webster can cover man. He is physical for his size and although he lacks elite speed it is sufficient and gets beat deep less than any of our other DBs.

Lehr is over 300 and should be a better fit than for the ZBS. Always looked out of place to me. Fine depth at C and G.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
              Webster can cover man. He is physical for his size and although he lacks elite speed it is sufficient and gets beat deep less than any of our other DBs.

Lehr is over 300 and should be a better fit than for the ZBS. Always looked out of place to me. Fine depth at C and G.
              What?? Webster was burned just as bad as everyone last year, if not more. He's got to go.

Comment

Webster is TRASH...

Comment

Yeah, in no way can Webster cover man. The only way he could was sitting back in a deep cover 3, allowing the receiver to catch slants and outs all day against him.

Comment

I just don't think it would be easy to have a guy better than him at nickel. As a starter he is bad but as a nickel I think he is fine for a year, while we groom a rookie.

Comment

Jason Webster is trash

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                        Jason Webster is trash
                        Haha

Thanks for the contribution.

Comment

Webster is bad. Anywhere you put him. I'd rather Chris Cash as my nickle.

Comment

Webster can cover? WOW i always called what he did ATTEMPTING TO COVER... ive been watchin him play for his entire falcons career and apart from being a solid tackler on larger guys with little quickness id go as far as to say he is an ATTEMPTED CB

As for a better nickel back hmm id put the following unrpoven vets in place of webster at nickel
                            ATLDirtyBirds
                            Shiver
                            The Champishere
                            Iloxygenil
                            DraftmichaelHuff- thats right im Australian and white but id still improve over #27 or was he #36
                            Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff; 02-26-2007, 05:35 AM.
                            Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

LOL. That's awesome.

Jason Webster is just allows way too many catches. He's a very solid tackler, but we need someone to cut off some routes from these guys, and he's just not it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information