No announcement yet.

Cut Possibilites?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webster and Hartwell cost CAP space more to cut than to keep this year.

We will hold on to both simply because we don't have the CAP space to spare.

Comment

Do you have a source that backs up that information by any chance?

Comment

Gandy is going to save us a pure 4.0, and no player costs more if you cut him, it will be over time.

Comment

The Atlanta Falcons today announced the release of LB Edgerton Hartwell and LB Ike Reese.

Hartwell, 6-1, 250, is a six-year veteran from Western Illinois. He played in 13 games with 11 starts in two seasons with the Falcons after being acquired as an unrestricted free agent from the Baltimore Ravens in 2005. He recorded 56 tackles last year in six starts and 31 stops in 2005 through five starts. Hartwell suffered an Achilles' injury after five games in 2005, ending his first season in Atlanta, and had arthroscopic knee surgery on both knees before the 2006 season. He is now free to sign with any other NFL club. He does not come off the Falcons salary cap until June 2.

Reese, 6-2, 222, is a nine-year veteran from Michigan State. Reese played in 32 games in Atlanta after being signed as an unrestricted free agent from the Philadelphia Eagles in 2005 and recorded 22 special teams tackles.
          First cuts announced. What a bust Ed Hartwell was.

Comment

I fell bad for Hartwell.. he wa sso good at Baltimore, and came to ATL and all of the fans were so happy.. Then he had a run of very bad luck with getting hurt. Then he gets cut after he didn't play last year.. I think it was a good idea but i fell bad for him.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

This is AMAZING! Well...now we can say we have a pretty much lock for spending a pick on a LB now. Could we considering Willis? Wow...what a nasty addition that would be. But then again, maybe Beck is ready, or maybe Brooking will be MLB and Demorrio at Weak...

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                This is AMAZING! Well...now we can say we have a pretty much lock for spending a pick on a LB now. Could we considering Willis? Wow...what a nasty addition that would be. But then again, maybe Beck is ready, or maybe Brooking will be MLB and Demorrio at Weak...
                or maybe this just means what I thought it did. we are going to sign Demorrio Williams to a 4-5 year deal to be our Derrick Brooks. we will move Brooking to MLB for the rest of his career here and have Jordan Beck as our nickelbacker and eventual replacement to Kerney. we need some OLB's and I think it would nto be a stretch to see both of our 4ths spent on some GA linebackersi n KaMichael Hall and Tony Taylor.

Owner of ScarDraft
                Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

I'm just ready to see this team start succeeding, I want to know what our cap # looks like now

Comment

Yea thats exactly what the falcons are gonna do... Draft Willis in the 1st round and not get a need.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

I love how you are trying to talk down to me. If Zimmer sees Brooking as a WLB and Beck as not good enough to be a starter, then guess what...MLB is a need. Quit being a child.

Comment

I love how you are trying to talk down to me. If Zimmer sees Brooking as a WLB and Beck as not good enough to be a starter, then guess what...MLB is a need. Quit being a child.
                        I'm not tryin to talk you down, i'm just sayin that I highly doubt we get a LB in the 1st round.. now that i read it back it did come out very sarcastic, sorry bout that

Sig by BK

Comment

Nice job calling Hartwell and Reese, Shiver.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

So whos going to play MLB for the falcons? I dont know a whole lot about the situation. Is patrick willis a possibility now?

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                              So whos going to play MLB for the falcons? I dont know a whole lot about the situation. Is patrick willis a possibility now?
                              The Falcons put a pretty nice tender on Demorrio Williams. So that lends credence to the thought that the team will put Keith Brooking at MLB, with Williams at WLB, Boley (stud muffin) at SLB.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                                Nice job calling Hartwell and Reese, Shiver.
                                I am a bit surprised the team didn't have more cuts. Maybe after O.T.As? Probably it's because the team never intended on making a big splash in free agency. The team might be content going into the draft with Mughelli and Horn.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information