No announcement yet.

Forum Mock thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the trade was fine. You can't really argue with Cleveland insisting on two seconds, and if that's what it took, that's what it took.

I also agree that Clady should be the choice ahead of Stewart. Anderson, had superb protection in Cleveland, and he'd need that in ATL too.
    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Anderson? wow. he's horrible Shiv. he locks onto one receiver every play and is a backup level QB at best. Schaub actually has talent. Anderson has good players around him. Though you could make the argument that White is almost as good as Edwards, and that Crumpler is as good as Winslow. the OL is **** compared to Cleveland's BAMF OL.

Owner of ScarDraft
      Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Well he was a first year starting QB. He is going to make some mistakes that he needs to change. I am sure he can learn to look at more of his options the longer he is the league.

Fact is though, he has more upside and tools than any QB in this draft.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Actually I disagree with that. The upside of guys like Dixon and Johnson have far more potential. Johnson's ability is already very VERY good as a pocket passer...just a bonus that he runs well. So if you want to look at upside Johnson has the most, Woodson has great upside, but its going to take a complete re-tooling of his motion. So, that's not a fact at all...he's farther into his development which is valuable for a team that's looking to win sooner rather than later, but the Falcons aren't that.

Comment

I think Matt Ryan is better than Derek Anderson.

Clady is very overrated. He does not impress when I watch him, his triangle numbers are good but he is small in places where offensive tackles need to be big. Like the thighs, calves, and butt. He is driven back too easily and is much too raw to be a day one good offensive tackle.

Personally I like neither too much at pick five, referring to Stewart and Clady. But I think Stewart is a more sure pick with just as much potential. The only downside is runningback is very deep this year.
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Have we definitely been given the #5 pick, and if so, why?

If Long is off the table, and one of Dorsey and Ellis is available, I'd be tempted to take one of them.

However, we really do need a franchise LT, and I'm not convinced that we can get one in the 3rd.

One option, which might be worth investigating, is whether Denver might be willing to trade up for Dorsey/Ellis, if they're there. Denver has an enormous need for a DT. We should then be able to get Clady at 12, which is far better value. We would still be ahead of the two major LT-needing teams, Carolina and Chicago. And we could pick up good value from Denver. Might be worth checking out, whoever is responsible for that.

If we do take a DT with the 1st pick, then we are not totally screwed at OT. Weiner, if healthy, is a perfectly functional short-term solution at LT, and there will be various options in FA to play at RT, or RG if Clabo stays at RT. We can then draft a project, like Benedict or Cousins, in the 3rd, and give them a full year to adjust.

Comment

I'm with denver =)

just letting you know though that we dont plan to trade up but if the right deal comes, we'll definitely consider it.

Comment

I'm not involved at all, but the standard difference between #5 and #12 is 500 points.

Denver also picks at #42, which rates at 480 points.

So the value works out almost perfectly... something to think about, and would appear to make sense for both parties.

Comment

Interesting. Hadn't noticed that the Lions have taken the #4 pick from KC. Perhaps J.Long could be there at #5 after all...

Comment

Its coming up soon, so what does our big board look like now? Have we traded out of #5?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
                        I'm not involved at all, but the standard difference between #5 and #12 is 500 points.

So the value works out almost perfectly... something to think about, and would appear to make sense for both parties.
                        actually, the only picks we have right now are the #21 and three fifth rounders. so it'll be tough dealing with us.

Comment

Interesting. Hadn't noticed that the Lions have taken the #4 pick from KC. Perhaps J.Long could be there at #5 after all...

That's what I am hoping for.

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                          Its coming up soon, so what does our big board look like now? Have we traded out of #5?
                          Not yet, but hopefully soon.

Comment

not a abd trade. I would try and get a pick next year as well.

Owner of ScarDraft
                            Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

After a week of discussions my trading partner backed out at the last moment.. so I took the best trench player still available: Ryan Clady.

Comment

Solid pick. One of the best pass blocking OTs in the draft who is solid in the run game. May not be Joe Thomas, but will get the job done for Derek Anderson.

You think you are going to try to trade back into the 2nd round? Any prospects in the 2nd you are eying?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information