• Show
Clear All

• Michael Boley and Falcons expected to reach terms soon

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/...svc=7&cxcat=21

What fantastic news!

A no brainer for the new coaching staff now on to signing Deangelo Hall

Comment

*Changes pants*

I cant wait for my 100 dollar NFL.com rebate to come so I can order his jersey.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Michael Boley's great, we just need DeAngelo back.

I also liked that it sounded we are much more of a Sedrick Ellis type of team, rather then a Matt Ryan type of team. Or it could be a smoke-screen, but whatever. Still lifts my spirits.

Comment

Ellis, Boley, Hall.

Talk about young core. And who knows, maybe Jamaal Anderson if he does well.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
            Ellis, Boley, Hall.

Talk about young core. And who knows, maybe Jamaal Anderson if he does well.

And it's daydreaming, but Dansby at MLB.

Comment

How about Wheeler at MLB instead...cause I don't think Dansby could be had.

That would give us an insane young corps...

Hall, Houston, Williams (expecting his play to step up in year 2 at the Safety position) Boley, Wheeler, Anderson (he's going to become an animal in the upcoming years), Lewis (yes, I think he's going to be fine) Babs, and Ellis...man if you can't build from that, you can't build. Abe isn't old either...just happens to have a lot of experience...Nicholas is a ? but he's got the size that could make an incredible asset at the WLB position. With Stone at the SS position (I think that hit on Boldin shows us all what this guy is going to be out on the field) We're not far away from having a DOMINANT defense. Those 2 picks in the first 2 rounds would improve our defense immensely, but we need to get that offensive line shored up in FA so we can afford those picks.

Comment

Hall, Houston, Ellis, Boley, Lewis, Norwood, White, Anderson, and maybe J. Williams. We would have a very solid, young core of players right there. Add the first day QB and OT picks, and we'll be pretty good.

Comment

Best Falcons news for months...
                  TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

I love it.
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

AJC.com reports on cap space.

Michael Vick

Suspended and imprisoned quarterback Michael Vick's $7.5 million salary will not count against the salary cap this season. Since he is suspended he will not earn the 7.5 million in base salary he was owed. That cancels the 7.5 million that would have counted against the Falcons' salary cap. Atlanta will be able to add the amount as room under the cap. Vick remains on the roster (suspended list) so the team can recoup $3.75 million in bonus money a court ruling stated it is entitled to.

Warrick Dunn

Tailback Warrick Dunn is entering the final year of his contract with a $6.2 million cap charge — the fourth highest of any running back in the league. If he is released, Atlanta could add $2.8 million to its salary cap. It is a tough choice but the new regime has to decide if Dunn, 33, fits into their plans.

Keith Brooking

Middle linebacker Keith Brooking has a whopping $7.7 million cap charge, third in the NFL behind Ray Lewis and Zach Thomas. Since he has another year on his contract, cutting him now would not save Atlanta much money against the cap — unless it waited until after June 1, when he would count against the '09 cap. A contract restructure or a salary-reduction request is a possibility.

The injured

Tight end Alge Crumpler, second only to Todd Heap with a $4.7 million cap charge, and defensive tackle Rod Coleman (5th highest projected cap charge at his position), are coming off injury-marred seasons. Their health could determine their future with the team. With contracts that run through at least 2009, it would not make much economic sense to release them — especially if they are healthy and can play. One or both could be asked to take a pay cut or restructure their contracts.

Potential cap casualties

Offensive tackle Wayne Gandy ($3.5 million) and guard Kynan Forney ($2.95 million) have high base salaries and are entering the final year of their contracts. Gandy is coming off major knee surgery and Forney did not play nearly as well in '07 as he had in the past. Both could be cap casualties — if the Falcons can land players to replace them. Atlanta also might not re-sign unrestricted, free agent, defensive starters Chris Crocker and Demorrio Williams.

Release Crocker, Alge
                      Brooking and Dunn rework contract

Basically we have access to 11.25 million because of Vick's contract, which is very nice, then we have ability to get after quite a bit more cash...looks like we could really get things turned around (at least cap wise) this year.

Comment

Release Dunn, Gandy, and Rod Coleman. I think it is a new era and Coleman needs to let Babineaux start full time.
                        Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                          Release Dunn, Gandy, and Rod Coleman. I think it is a new era and Coleman needs to let Babineaux start full time.

My god, do you want to make love to him or what?

Comment

What?

I think he is better than Rod Coleman so you think I want to make love to him?

Hmm.
                            Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                              What?

I think he is better than Rod Coleman so you think I want to make love to him?

Hmm.

Relax man, I'm kidding. You just been hyping him up everytime he's mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information