Free Agent thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    Corey Williams would be an ideal addition I think. He would be a big, strong DT to fit into Mike Smith's defense.

Michael Turner, Jamal Lewis, Derrick Ward, Chris Brown, Julius Jones... There are a lot of Running Backs available who could do well in a committee situation.

Randall *** is a UFA and he is a former Patriot would fit nicely in Smith's scheme at CB. It would be insurance in case Chris Houston doesn't improve.
    Ken Hamlin and Gibril Wilson are intriguing Safeties.
    Eh. His best fit is under tackle, even if he can play all of the positions on the line. I think somebody bigger would be better, and if we wanted a player like him then Pat Sims from Auburn in round two is a clone.

I like Turner and Ward, they are the only ones who I think have the mix of youth and talent we need.

*** is very overrated, he gets beat every game I watch him play.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Even if you don't like ***, who is Atlanta's NCB right now?

Comment

Irons...who is very promising...

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
          Irons...who is very promising...

How so? He didn't really do anything last year, he was a 6th round draft pick... I am not sold on him yet at the NCB position, especially as the only real depth behind Hall and Houston (who hasn't proven jack either..).

Comment

irons and houston played badly last season. period. how can you tell a player is promising when they're drawing dumb penalties and houston seems to get lost when trying to cover a legitimate receiver. sure he did get picked on because dhall was on the opposite side, but i expected better performances from him.

Comment

You can expect better from rookies, and have outlandish expectations, but I don't. Irons is very promising...there's a reason he won SEC DB of the year...over our beloved Houston. Houston had one incredible game, and he showed that he has the ability to play in the league...Irons played well on ST and has plenty of promise.

Comment

I think CB is a very underrated need. I think DeAngelo Hall leaves in the next few years, and we really don't have a nickel. Hard to address that positon with so many immediate needs, though.
                Virginia Tech.

Comment

I think Hall will be here for another 5 year deal...but that's just my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                    irons and houston played badly last season. period. how can you tell a player is promising when they're drawing dumb penalties and houston seems to get lost when trying to cover a legitimate receiver. sure he did get picked on because dhall was on the opposite side, but i expected better performances from him.
                    Houston showed great promise towards the end of the season. David Irons is nothing more than a dime back. We desperately need a nickel back, preferentially from the free agent pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Libid21 View Post
                      Houston showed great promise towards the end of the season. David Irons is nothing more than a dime back. We desperately need a nickel back, preferentially from the free agent pool.
                      He got destroyed by Torry Holt and Anquan Boldin.
                      Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                        He got destroyed by Torry Holt and Anquan Boldin.
                        2 of the best WRs in the NFL...okay...darn...shucks...I expected him to have 17 interceptions in those 2 games. I mean those 2 WRs are just scrubs and haven't been in the NFL long at all.

Comment

Houston had his moments of weakness, but any rookie who gets that much exposure is going to struggle at times. He's got elite speed, and seems to have pretty good hips. He needs to improve his awareness, and learn how to play the ball better, but he will have learned a huge amount from his first season.

Most importantly, he showed the mental strength necessary for a cornerback, being picked on time and time again (because of Hall), and never getting disillusioned.
                          TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                            2 of the best WRs in the NFL...okay...darn...shucks...I expected him to have 17 interceptions in those 2 games. I mean those 2 WRs are just scrubs and haven't been in the NFL long at all.
                            Umm...darn...shucks he said he improved vastly over the last few games. I don't don't care who he got abused by, 297 yards and three TDs in two games is horrible.

I think he can be good, but he had a bad rookie year.

Will you just stop quoting or commenting on my posts? If you can't handle an arguement then stop trying to start them.
                            Virginia Tech.

Comment

Houston has the speed to keep up with just about every WR in the NFL and he also very physical but I think we all know he needs to work on his ball hawking skills hopefully our new coaching staff can help him out on that.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                                Umm...darn...shucks he said he improved vastly over the last few games. I don't don't care who he got abused by, 297 yards and three TDs in two games is horrible.

I think he can be good, but he had a bad rookie year.

Will you just stop quoting or commenting on my posts? If you can't handle an arguement then stop trying to start them.
                                Can't handle an argument? Who can't? I just point out what you're saying vs facts...you're the one who resorted to name calling etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information