No announcement yet.

2009 Falcons Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I am under the assumption that we are getting a top3 pick and there are no defensive tackles worth that spot. Defensive tackle is by far our biggest need (I am very much not looking forward to the season with the DTs we have. RBs are going to be going for 5+ yards a carry), and if theres a guy who makes his stock that high, then we should take him.

But otherwise, who would you suggest we take with a top3 pick?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
      Well I am under the assumption that we are getting a top3 pick and there are no defensive tackles worth that spot. Defensive tackle is by far our biggest need (I am very much not looking forward to the season with the DTs we have. RBs are going to be going for 5+ yards a carry), and if theres a guy who makes his stock that high, then we should take him.

But otherwise, who would you suggest we take with a top3 pick?

CRABTREE!!!!!!

Comment

WE DONT NEED A DAMN WIDE RECEIVER!!! WE GET OHER!!! Oher would make our line that much better. imagine this as our OL:
        Oher-Blalock-McClure-Clabo-Baker

Owner of ScarDraft
        Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

No offense to Oher but if you all are picking top 3 and want an OT, Andre Smith from Alabama is the man to go with should he declare. He's the next Orando Pace and in my opinion in the running for #1 overall pick should he declare

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
            WE DONT NEED A DAMN WIDE RECEIVER!!! WE GET OHER!!! Oher would make our line that much better. imagine this as our OL:
            Oher-Blalock-McClure-Clabo-Baker

We don't need to select a RT in the 20s! We'd do that if we take Oher however.

Comment

You cant pass up the best talent in the draft because you traded up to get a versatile LT in the previous year. Baker's presence should still be felt on the line, and he will be able to provide great depth in case of injury to any of our guys.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

You cant pass up the best talent in the draft because you traded up to get a versatile LT in the previous year. Baker's presence should still be felt on the line, and he will be able to provide great depth in case of injury to any of our guys.
                You are claiming him to be the best talent already? As much as I like him, we are still a year away, and he is still raw. And Baker is a LT. There's no doubt about it. That's where he belongs. Trading up in the first round, letting him play a year at his position, then moving him to a new foreign spot wouldn't be smart at all.

Comment

Who said Oher would be the best talent in the draft? The guy isn't even a sure fire LT prospect. There are still plenty of people in the scouting community who feel he may be best suited playing inside in the NFL. Alabama Jr LT Andre Smith is the best OT prospect in college football right now. He's an Orlando Pace clone

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                    We don't need to select a RT in the 20s! We'd do that if we take Oher however.
                    what's wrong with selecting a OL that we desperately needi n the 20's? we need talent on the line. and even if Baker moves to RT or if we are arounf 10=15 this year and take a RT like Smith or in the 2nd take Loadholt, we will still spend a top 2 round pick on a RT. we need OL. we have skill positions. why waste a draft pick on a position of ZERO NEED. maybe if you said a DT that would work but WE DONT NEED A WIDE RECEIVER.
                    Last edited by Geo; 06-17-2008, 10:46 AM.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

what's wrong with selecting a OL that we desperately needi n the 20's? we need talent on the line. and even if Baker moves to RT or if we are arounf 10=15 this year and take a RT like Smith or in the 2nd take Loadholt, we will still spend a top 2 round pick on a RT. we need OL. we have skill positions. why waste a draft pick on a position of ZERO NEED. maybe if you said a DT that would work but WE DONT NEED A WIDE RECEIVER.

We have skill positions? We have Roddy "1 year" White. Everyone wanted him cut at the beginning of the season.. We have Laurent Robinson and his whopping 37 catches last year. Michael "Pick 6" Jenkins who is a major bust and Finneran who is coming off big injuries. And Harry Douglas who at best is a slot WR. Is there some potential in the top two? For sure. Espically if White repeats. It doesn't look like enough to ignore a talent like Crabtree though.

Comment

Im not a Falcons fan but I agree with Scar. The Falcons actually have quite a bit of talent at WR in Roddy White, Laurent Robinson, and Harry Douglas. Adding more talent at WR is completely useless if Matt Ryan can't get a pass off. Think about the division you play in. You have pass rushers like Julius Peppers, Gaines Adams, and Will Smith to deal with twice a season. I would think the best way to give yourselves a chance to win the division is to neutralize these players with a solid OL.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                          We have skill positions? We have Roddy "1 year" White. Everyone wanted him cut at the beginning of the season.. We have Laurent Robinson and his whopping 37 catches last year. Michael "Pick 6" Jenkins who is a major bust and Finneran who is coming off big injuries. And Harry Douglas who at best is a slot WR. Is there some potential in the top two? For sure. Espically if White repeats. It doesn't look like enough to ignore a talent like Crabtree though.
                          and it's pointless. we have the weapons. we have the #1 in Roddy, we have the #2 in Laurent and we have 2 different types of guys for our slot-man in Jenkins and Douglas. Finneran will be cut along with Jennings and Horn. to say we need a WR though is not only shortsighted but also is stupid in terms of building a team. What does this team need? OL, TE, NT, CB. and you think a WR (the least important spot on the field) is worth taking top 3 for us? no. we would get Oher or Smith and have them play RT or LT and have BAker play the other. we need the OL, we need the NT more than anything.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

and it's pointless. we have the weapons. we have the #1 in Roddy, we have the #2 in Laurent and we have 2 different types of guys for our slot-man in Jenkins and Douglas. Finneran will be cut along with Jennings and Horn. to say we need a WR though is not only shortsighted but also is stupid in terms of building a team. What does this team need? OL, TE, NT, CB. and you think a WR (the least important spot on the field) is worth taking top 3 for us? no. we would get Oher or Smith and have them play RT or LT and have BAker play the other. we need the OL, we need the NT more than anything.

Least important position on the field? Ok. Look at how much a great WR can open up a offense, espically considering we have a new QB and a running attack. I'd say a great WR is much more important then a RT is. I'd be even more appalled if we traded up for a guy who's only good at pass-protecting to move him to RT.

Comment

If the Jamaal Anderson move to DT is true then this could all be moot because the Falcons would need a DE more than either OT or WR.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                                If the Jamaal Anderson move to DT is true then this could all be moot because the Falcons would need a DE more than either OT or WR.

I agree. I wouldn't be upset with Oher or Smith because they are great talents. I just love Crabtree, and I really don't see why we'd move a guy who's a pure LT after one season. This coming after we spent a first rounder on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information