2009 Falcons Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TE Prospects: 2008 stats thus far...

Chase Coffman-- 73 rec. 819 yards 7 TD (355 pass attempts by team)

Jermaine Gresham-- 34 rec. 519 yards 9 TD (324 pass attemps by team)

Bear Pascoe-- 23 rec. 197 yards 4 TD (231 pass attempts by team)

Comment

• Gresham owns all of the other prospects, and it's not that close.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Oh, and Brandon Pettigrew has 21 receptions for 236 yards and 0 touchdowns in only five games. Had he played every game he would have a projected 38 receptions and 423 yards.
        Virginia Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
          Gresham owns all of the other prospects, and it's not that close.

Yup. Pretty much.

Comment

Gresham owns all of the other prospects, and it's not that close.
            In the since of an all-around TE, I have to agree w/ you. He is the best blocker and does a great job of recieving. Reminds me of a slightly faster Crumpler. Athletic, big, and blocks well.

I think we will all agree Coffman is the most athletic and best reciever at TE and one of the better recievers in the country.

Right now for our system as of this year, Gresham is the better fit, but I have seen us line up in 5 wide a 4 wide many times and need a great recieving TE. You can teach blocking, not catching the ball and athleticism.

We will have to wait and see what TD thinks.

Comment

• Gresham is a much, much, much better athlete than Alge and a better athlete than Coffman. Coffman is a good athlete, but Gresham is a freak. Coffman may be a bit more smooth, though.

But Gresham has him beat in almost every way, and he is a class younger.
              Virginia Tech.

Comment

Gresham is a much, much, much better athlete than Alge and a better athlete than Coffman. Coffman is a good athlete, but Gresham is a freak. Coffman may be a bit more smooth, though.

But Gresham has him beat in almost every way, and he is a class younger.
                Every Way???

Blocking- Yes
                Recieving- Not Close
                Size-Yes, but barely
                Speed- Push
                Production- Push

The thing that puts him over everyone else is his ability to block and catch the football and do both well, and plkays in a pro style offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by dunagan15 View Post
                  Every Way???

Blocking- Yes
                  Recieving- Not Close
                  Size-Yes, but barely
                  Speed- Push
                  Production- Push

The thing that puts him over everyone else is his ability to block and catch the football and do both well, and plkays in a pro style offense.
                  Receving is not close? Umm ok.

Speed isn't a push, Gresham's is better. And his size is better (15 pounds on a tight end is a lot).

And if Coffman's junior year production is compared with Gresham's junior year, Gresham crushes him (on pace for 52 receptions, 14 touchdowns, 795.6 yards if Big12 Championship game and bowl are included).

I know you are a big Chase Coffman fan, but he doesn't really compare with Gresham.
                  Virginia Tech.

Comment

I think we will all agree Coffman is the most athletic and best reciever at TE and one of the better recievers in the country.
                    If by "we" you mean yourself, judging by your sig/commentary then yes.

Comment

• Im ok with both, they are much much better than of the TEs we have on our depth chart now. You cant say anything about the size, its a push. Both were listed 6'7" out of HS and 6'6" now. The weight we'll have to see till the combine. I've watched Coffman play, and the way he just catches everything and layout for balls is amazing for a TE. Blocking ability and speed will have to Gresham.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                      Originally posted by fenikz
                      we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Thigamahjigee View Post
                        If by "we" you mean yourself, judging by your sig/commentary then yes.
                        Please name another better reciveing TE in the past couple years and especially this year

Comment

Receving is not close? Umm ok.

Speed isn't a push, Gresham's is better. And his size is better (15 pounds on a tight end is a lot).

And if Coffman's junior year production is compared with Gresham's junior year, Gresham crushes him (on pace for 52 receptions, 14 touchdowns, 795.6 yards if Big12 Championship game and bowl are included).

I know you are a big Chase Coffman fan, but he doesn't really compare with Gresham.
                          Im not trying to compare him to Gresham. I know Greshman is a better pro prospect and is a great TE, Im not making that argument. Just his ability to catch the football and make plays is why I like him so much.

Quote me here. I would not take Coffman in round 1 but I would take Gresham in round 1. Coffman's value is round 2 and I obviously want him there. Thats the case im making. Im comparing a 2nd round guy to a 1st round guy, so if you look at it that way they are pretty equal.

Comment

Please name another better reciveing TE in the past couple years and especially this year

I don't even have to go back. I'll take Gresham in every aspect of the game over Coffman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thigamahjigee View Post
                              I don't even have to go back. I'll take Gresham in every aspect of the game over Coffman.
                              Ok instead of just repeating what Bama said, will you please clarify your opinion??

At least Bama offers legit points that we can discuss. I respect that.

Comment

• Okay get over the TEs. We don't need a first round TE, not in our system. Sorry, it's just not a requirement. Lets talk about first round potential players that would make this team better.

What first round OLBs are out there, Brooking has to go, and we need another elite LB...we may not even have Boley around after this year. We've gotta find someone to step up and step into those places.

Safety is a huge need, CB is a small desire now with Foxy playing well. DT but there really aren't any...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information