No announcement yet.

2009 Falcons Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assuming we pick say 10th, After game one id like to see...

1) Malcom Jenkins- big 6'1 202, would be great in cover two and a solid M2M guy.

2)This one is tough simply b/c its so early so I will list several options..

a)Vince Oghobaase- 6'6 310, great player, very smart high character guy

b) Chase Coffman- One helleva Tight End, more of the receiving type but has a large enough frame to be coached into a blocker. Ryan need a go to TE

c) Brian Robiskie- Nice big target, not crazy speed or Calvin like size but a solid player

d) Nic Harris- 6'3 225, anchors the OU defense, great tackler, will start day 1

3)
    Max Unger- Do it all lineman, prolly take him as a center but could play some guard as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
      420lbs, my God! That would be so cool. Imagine like a 6"8 420lb NT. Kinda like you kept Gradys Proportions but made him 6inches taller.
      He is 6'5" 360. Pretty damn big. Grady is 6'2" 345 for comparisons sake.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• If Grady is 345 then I am 300 lbs (i am not.)

Anyway. I hope to pick around 8-10, and I think that is plausible. At that spot we can take a whichever defensive tackle rises to that spot, Malcolm Jenkins if he drops, and William Moore. All picks would be great for our defense.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Hey was sup guys....I havent been on here for so long I doubt if anybody remembers me but I still think we need to upgrade our O-Line just like everybody else I have been very suprise by the play of Sam Baker but I still think our O-Line can be better...So if it came down to picking a franchise O-Lineman or a franchise D-Lineman I would have to choose the O-Lineman because you have to have guys back there who can protect your franchise QB.

Comment

• I like Duke Robinson for our OL, put him over in the RG spot unless Dahl just balls out. But my top spot is Safety. I've wanted one for a long time and I think this is the year to get one. I'm betting Mays is going to end up with a top 10 value at the end of the combine, so here's hoping that we're picking high enough to get him. If not, I really like Chancellor as well. Either one of those guys would be great at our FS spot and I think it would change our entire defense. Coleman moves over to Strong, unless Decoud starts ballin out, but I want an ELITE Safety out there.

Everyone sees what a difference a Troy Polamalu / Ed Reed / Bob Sanders makes to a defense. I know there aren't many of those guys out there, but I feel like this year there are 2 or 3 players that could be that caliber in not much time. Plus I want an OLB to replace Brooking if we're not sold on Nicholas (who I really like) DT obviously is a concern, but there are a couple of good guys coming out this year that could be impact players for us.

But I wanna see where we end up picking...we could very likely be 2-1 at the end of this week, and 3-5 after the rough part of our schedule, but I still think we'll finish 8-8 which is going to be picking 14-18 range, but if we sneak in a 9th win it could bump us all the way to 20...

Comment

• A. Smith...Wake Forest CB. Wow. Guy has some insane ball skills I want him, he'll correct our kick return problems, and give us some nice depth as well.

E. Brown...Florida State DE. Okay, this guy is an extremely impressive pass rusher and man alive if he's around in the 2nd round...we'd have to get him.

Comment

• Alright guys, game day is here, whose all on to discuss and yell into the computer today??

Comment

• what an absolutely terrible first drive

Comment

• hell ya, sack # 1 for Abe on play 1, Anderson looked really good as well gettin in there

Comment

• Anderson looked pretty good on that series guys, got in the backfeild forcing the QB out of the pocket and making a terrible pass.

Comment

• sry for the posts, wrong thread

Comment

• Wow, those of you that watched the USC- Oregon State game...So many top prospects in this game and after seeing this game...

1) Taylor Mays was ireelevant, he might be the biggest, most athletic safety that cannot play football. His tackling was terrible for a guy his size, I mean my God, Rogers from OSU is 5'7 175 and he just let the guy run into him. Taylor you are huge why not use your size and speed to your advantage. Overall Taylor Mays may a freak if you look at the numbers but I was not impressed at all. William Moore is the # 1 by far.

Also Rey Rey just looked bad. Blocked all night not showing up big plays, got crushed on pass plays, bad performance.

Cushing looked pretty good, great speed to the ball and had solid tackling. Great OLB.

Ellison though looked great. Much better safety than Mays. He came up on the run and made some great tackles, also was good in pass coverage. Solid 2nd round Safety, good fit for the Falcons.

Comment

• I wasn't impressed the DT for USC, I sure hope we don't draft him top 10 like people thought before the year.

Comment

• Fili Moala was out of positions all night long, he looked like a joke...in fact all of USC looked like a joke last night, that little pinball was running into the pile, and they couldn't tackle him to save their lives. Just hung out in the middle of the pile for 2-3 seconds then boom out the other side he came. Brian Cushing is a guy that I'm liking more and more. I was going to make a post about him the other day but totally forgot to. He could be our token white boy OLB. I feel like he'd be a great upgrade from Brooking, but given 1 year to come in and learn under Brook it'd be good for him. It'd also be good for our depth etc. Let him and Nicholas compete and see who comes out on top. If we for some reason don't bring Boley back, then we need to pick an OLB obviously, I'd certainly hope we re-sign him. But if for some reason we don't, Brian Cushing will pass up any Safety on my draft board.

I also noticed that Mays wasn't doing what I was expecting to see from him, I saw him flash a few times in the OSU game, but it was like Mays didn't show up today...however...he did have that TD saving tackle against the WR that made him look like a pro for sure. That's the toughest part about college kids is they have no consistency. A Safety will have to develop that and quick. Athletic isn't the question for Mays, it's can he play ball.

Comment

• There is no point in drafting an OLB in the first round. It just is not good value. You get an impact player like a DE, DT, CB, and now S in the first round.

However I do agree that Cushing is going to be a damn good 4-3 SLB for some team.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information