No announcement yet.

The Atlanta Falcons First Round Pick Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would love patrick willis but we have other needs. i would like to blame beck's lack of playing time to the incompetence of the mora regime. hopefully that was it and he is valuable.

was his 'first NFL tackle-forced fumble' in a regular season game? or a preseason exhibition?

Comment

preseason. He hasn't played any snaps as a LB I don't think in regular season.

Comment

I don't want to place faith in a guy who couldn't touch the field last year. I don't believe it is all coaching staff, not when Ike Reese was seeing time at MLB and SLB.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

my thoughts exactly bama. i understand that we have MUCH greater needs, but i mentioned willis because this is a very weak ILB draft, he's the pick of the litter by far, and I believe he would still be available if we trade a few spots down. This draft is loaded w/ safety talent and one of them will still be available in the second. Trading down would only get us more picks and we need all the help we can get to fill in the other areas of much needed depth

Comment

Buster Davis is a baller. So, that's someone who is a viable option, his size is going to cause him to fall, but on the field you can't beat what he does.

Comment

im so sick of all these 'ifs' but if we do draft willis, that would leave d-will on the bench again. everyone seems so high on him but what was the point of tendering him if we keep him on the bench? he is capable of starting if he beefs up some and can get stronger. i would like brooking in the middle but he doesnt want to. so would you guys want dwill starting or beck?

our most dire need is safety imo. but going on mckay's track record, we're gonna take bpa as everyone has said already. i dont see us tradng down or up and schaub is gonna be a falcon next season whether it may be a waste or not.

Comment

I think PWillis isn't even on our team's draft board to be honest with you. LB isn't anything we need early in the draft it would be foolish to take him at 10 he's not worth that kind of a pick, especially not with guys like Timmons likely being there in the 2nd round. People are just infatuated with his numbers. He's solid, but I don't want him.

The other part about it, is yes, we need a Safety, but we also are desperate for OL, we are just going to have to let it fall how it does, and not reach, because if we reach, we're going to get messed up. You have to take BPA and just let the rest of it fall into place. I would be estatic to see us take a Safety or WR early on, but if they're not on the board, you have to go with other positions.

Demorrio is a baller, and is going to light it up in Zimmer's defense. People give Demorrio too much crap, he led the team in tackles (not pile jumps like Brooking) teams run at him sure, but you can't blame him for not being able to get off Guards who our DTs were supposed to eat up anyway. That was 2 years ago...last year...he was leading the team in tackles again, and was looking very good doing it. Our coaches felt the pressure to put Hartwell back out there because of the money he was being paid, not because he made our defense better. Demorrio is an incredible athlete and has fantastic instincts. He does better at getting though blocks than people say he does, but he does struggle against offensive linemen, but then again, do did Brooking and Boley...so *shrug*

Comment

A linebacker at #10 is out of the question. That said; I wouldn't mind Buster Davis, or David Harris, in round two.

Comment

Who ever said LB at 10? I said trade down to possibly get Willis and GAIN picks. People who have only heard of Willis after the combine shouldn't even comment on this thread and I am not infatuated with Willis's combine numbers. I'm impressed with his life's story and the fact that I've watched him play crappy Jefferson Pilot games on Saturdays over the past 3 years so I know he's a gamer. His combine results just solidify his 1st round status.

To all those who think 1st round draft picks on LB's are bogus, would you have taken Ray Lewis earlier than 26th in 96? How about Vilma at 12 or Urlacher at 9? The list goes on and on, but if you had to do it over again would you take them earlier? Can you say franchise?

Comment

David Harris is also a gamer. Buster Davis is also a gamer. HB Blades is a gamer. All of those Linebackers can be acquired latter in the draft. Just like last year's top flight linebackers were all out-produced by 2nd round pick, Demeco Ryans.

Comment

screw linebackers. we have plenty of young talent at the position already, and it has been proven repeatedly that excellent LBs can be found in the 3rd-5th rounds. I wouldn't mind someone like Black in the 4th, but nothing earlier.

needs at DE, FS, and OT/OG are far more important, and must be addressed before we even think about adding LB depth.
                        TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

With Schaub traded, this allows the team to not reach at #10, instead with B.P.A.

Comment

I still think we shoudl draft LaRon Landry.. Now that Houston doesn't need Quinn they are almost a lock to draft Peterson..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

If any of the following are there, they are locks; Adrian Peterson, Laron Landry, Gaines Adams.

Comment

WOW...

We swapped picks with the Texans. We get their 8th overall pick, they get 10th.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information