Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atl Draft I Think Its Good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Atl Draft I Think Its Good

    *Trade Schaub to Cleveland for a 2007 2nd and 2008 2nd round pick*
    Cleveland really has no QB who can win for them and no franchise QB. Even though they wnat JaMarcus Russel he will not fall the them so they go for Schaub.

    1st round- LaRon Landry LSU S
    --Best player available, and a major need. My favorite player in this draft.
    People thought he was not fast enough to play in the NFL, but his combine
    proved that he is a beast--

    2nd round(from Cleveland)- Justin Blalock TEXAS OG
    --Best OG available and we need. Our OL is a mess so he will be the 1st piece of the puzzle to protect Vick. Day 1 starter--

    2nd round- Anthony Spencer PURDUE DE
    --I know most people think he will be a OLB in the NFL but I like the way he
    plays, and he already stated that he is focused on being a DE int he NFL--

    3rd round- Michael Bush LOUISVILLE RB
    --A big big big back. A perfect player to team up with Noorwood. Could be a better version of T.J. Duckett. And him being a friend with our coach doesn't hurt--

    4th round- Travarous Bain HAMPTON CB
    -- Is an amazing athlete who is very fast and has good height for a CB. A bit of a sleeper because he went to Hampton, but he did go the Miami before transfering to Hampton. Can also help in the return game if needed. Having him Hall and Williams covering the WR would he great--

    4th round- Jon Abbate WAKE FOREST ILB
    -- yes, he is a pretty small human but he is a great football player. He has a nose for the ball and tackles very good. We are probably gonna start Brooking at MLB and we do have Beck. But I like what Abbate could do with Boley and D. Williams on either side with Beck as his backup--

    4th round- Dan Mozes WEST VIRGINIA C
    --Todd McClure cant start forever. He has been a pretty good C but Mozes could be even better. He is a tough football player who is extremely smart. he is not very big but could easily put on weight becase he just wantts to play football--

    5th round- Justin Medlock UCLA K
    --Face it we got no K. We tried to play Koehen as our K, P, KO, basically everything that has to do with kicking the ball. Medlock is a very very consistant kicker who has great accuracy. He may not have as strong of a leg as Crosby but he's got a strong enough one--

    6th round- Michael Allan WHITWORTH TE
    --yes i know we got Alge, but it would not kill us to have a good backup in case Alge gets hurt or something. Allan is a great blocker and could play on running downs. he did play in a small college and may be hard for him to jump to the NFL but he won't be expected to start and make the Pro Bowl in his fist 2 seasons. He can develope and learn from Alge--
    Last edited by SimonRath; 03-20-2007, 09:31 PM.

    Sig by BK

    “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

  • #2
    Just my opinion but I would change Blalock to Grubbs and Henry to Michael Bush.

    Comment


    • #3
      Man i thought about Grubbs very very hard.. And i would want him, but from what i heard i thought he would be picked in the 1st round..

      As for Bush, i like him but I like Henry more. Henry is strong and fast and has good hands

      Sig by BK

      “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
        Man i thought about Grubbs very very hard.. And i would want him, but from what i heard i thought he would be picked in the 1st round..

        As for Bush, i like him but I like Henry more. Henry is strong and fast and has good hands
        Henry struggled during the season and was even replaced, if he didn't put up stats in college, could he really do it in the NFL??? Just a workout warrior IMO.

        Comment


        • #5
          Bush on the other hand was once top 20 talent, but is just consistently injured, injuries aside, he could be a great NFL player.

          Comment


          • #6
            How about this, best case scenario. Using the same trade.

            1st Round - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
            - Tore up college football and had the 2nd highest rushing yardage total for a freshman all-time. Since then he had a great YPC average and had the nack for making the big play.

            2nd Round (f/CLE) - Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn
            - Auburn is known for having good RB's coming out, and who blocks for those men??? Last year you saw McNeal come out and make the Pro Bowl at LT for the San Diego Chargers when he was heavily overlooked, this year you have Grubbs who has the potential to be a consistent pro-bowler. He is extremely athletic and mobile, the only thing he really lacks is size at 6-3.

            2nd Round (ATL) - Brandon Merriweather, S, Miami (FL)
            - The next great safety in the line of the Hurricanes will follow the success of Sean Taylor and Ed Reed. He has the versatility and athletic ability to play both corner and safety, but is best suited here. He may lack size, but he still has room to grow. Merriweather always seems to know where the ball is and has a great motor.

            3rd Round - Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE, Hawaii
            Don't know much about him, but stats don't mean everything. Has great measurables and potential, but played in a system that didn't allow him to put up the big numbers. He plays hard at all time and is worth the risk here in the 3rd round, his only real negative being playing experience as a former basketball star.

            Comment


            • #7
              Again, I dont think Grubbs will fall to the 2nd round. I thought about Brandon in the 2nd round but i like Landry and I assummed that peterson was gone

              Sig by BK

              “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                Henry struggled during the season and was even replaced, if he didn't put up stats in college, could he really do it in the NFL??? Just a workout warrior IMO.
                Yea I see what your thinking.. I might change

                Sig by BK

                “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                  How about this, best case scenario. Using the same trade.

                  1st Round - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
                  - Tore up college football and had the 2nd highest rushing yardage total for a freshman all-time. Since then he had a great YPC average and had the nack for making the big play.

                  2nd Round (f/CLE) - Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn
                  - Auburn is known for having good RB's coming out, and who blocks for those men??? Last year you saw McNeal come out and make the Pro Bowl at LT for the San Diego Chargers when he was heavily overlooked, this year you have Grubbs who has the potential to be a consistent pro-bowler. He is extremely athletic and mobile, the only thing he really lacks is size at 6-3.

                  2nd Round (ATL) - Brandon Merriweather, S, Miami (FL)
                  - The next great safety in the line of the Hurricanes will follow the success of Sean Taylor and Ed Reed. He has the versatility and athletic ability to play both corner and safety, but is best suited here. He may lack size, but he still has room to grow. Merriweather always seems to know where the ball is and has a great motor.

                  3rd Round - Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE, Hawaii
                  Don't know much about him, but stats don't mean everything. Has great measurables and potential, but played in a system that didn't allow him to put up the big numbers. He plays hard at all time and is worth the risk here in the 3rd round, his only real negative being playing experience as a former basketball star.
                  would be a perfect day one, but all 4 players would have to slip 1 or 2 maybe but not all 4 if IAF is there at #74 i will be stunned and question the merrits of all NFL scouts, the guy has NO weaknesses that arent correctable with any type of coaching, he basically the same as Jamaal Anderson, i could see him being gone before our 2nd round pick
                  Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This to me is an even more ideal/unrealistic draft... only changed 1 pick too

                    1st Round - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
                    - Tore up college football and had the 2nd highest rushing yardage total for a freshman all-time. Since then he had a great YPC average and had the nack for making the big play.

                    2nd Round (f/CLE) - Joe Staley, OT, Central Mich
                    Would be a great pick here and i belive OT is a greater need than OG for us with the signing of Foninu. Staley has everything in the LT that we have wanted for years, power, amazing feet and a good head on his shoulders. Will have no problem getting around 315-320lb an ideal weight for this sheme, i predict him to beat out Gandy in camp and be a day one starter at LT (not vicks blindside)

                    2nd Round (ATL) - Brandon Merriweather, S, Miami (FL)
                    - The next great safety in the line of the Hurricanes will follow the success of Sean Taylor and Ed Reed. He has the versatility and athletic ability to play both corner and safety, but is best suited here. He may lack size, but he still has room to grow. Merriweather always seems to know where the ball is and has a great motor.

                    3rd Round - Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE, Hawaii
                    Don't know much about him, but stats don't mean everything. Has great measurables and potential, but played in a system that didn't allow him to put up the big numbers. He plays hard at all time and is worth the risk here in the 3rd round, his only real negative being playing experience as a former basketball star.

                    4th Round - Kyle Young, OG/C, Fresno State
                    An absolute perfect fit in light of what we have done earlier in the draft and essentially gives us the best of both worlds. Young is perfect for the Scheme at 354lb and would be the biggest C in the NFL, the beauty of drafting him is this, if Foninu is a flop he can challenge him for OG and start day one and is bascially the same size, if both he AND foninu perform great at camp he challenges MClure for the C position and is over 60 lbs bigger and a far better/younger fit. IF young stinks it up at camp he at least he provides depth at both positions perhaps saving a roster spot.
                    Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
                      This to me is an even more ideal/unrealistic draft... only changed 1 pick too

                      1st Round - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
                      - Tore up college football and had the 2nd highest rushing yardage total for a freshman all-time. Since then he had a great YPC average and had the nack for making the big play.

                      2nd Round (f/CLE) - Joe Staley, OT, Central Mich
                      Would be a great pick here and i belive OT is a greater need than OG for us with the signing of Foninu. Staley has everything in the LT that we have wanted for years, power, amazing feet and a good head on his shoulders. Will have no problem getting around 315-320lb an ideal weight for this sheme, i predict him to beat out Gandy in camp and be a day one starter at LT (not vicks blindside)

                      2nd Round (ATL) - Brandon Merriweather, S, Miami (FL)
                      - The next great safety in the line of the Hurricanes will follow the success of Sean Taylor and Ed Reed. He has the versatility and athletic ability to play both corner and safety, but is best suited here. He may lack size, but he still has room to grow. Merriweather always seems to know where the ball is and has a great motor.

                      3rd Round - Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE, Hawaii
                      Don't know much about him, but stats don't mean everything. Has great measurables and potential, but played in a system that didn't allow him to put up the big numbers. He plays hard at all time and is worth the risk here in the 3rd round, his only real negative being playing experience as a former basketball star.

                      4th Round - Kyle Young, OG/C, Fresno State
                      An absolute perfect fit in light of what we have done earlier in the draft and essentially gives us the best of both worlds. Young is perfect for the Scheme at 354lb and would be the biggest C in the NFL, the beauty of drafting him is this, if Foninu is a flop he can challenge him for OG and start day one and is bascially the same size, if both he AND foninu perform great at camp he challenges MClure for the C position and is over 60 lbs bigger and a far better/younger fit. IF young stinks it up at camp he at least he provides depth at both positions perhaps saving a roster spot.

                      Peterson would be heaven but i cant see him falling. Probably some team would trade up.. Staley would be nice, but he will probably get picked in the 1st round.. I like Brandon and would love him there

                      Sig by BK

                      “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Henry is exactly what we DON'T need. He's just an athlete that isn't a great football player.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          sorry for putting Chris Henry

                          Sig by BK

                          “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I love Henry, just not in the 3rd round. He was a 7th rounder / UDRFA before the combine, we just don't want someone jumping up boards because of numbers.

                            There are a lot of freak athletes that I'd like to get late in the draft...that corner from Cal Poly might be my favorite player now. I think his name is Courtney Brown? I forget, he's my favorite though

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Now that I think about ti, picking Chris Henry in the 3rd round is a little high but I just like him. He's fast and strong and Arizona just didn't use him th way he should have.

                              Sig by BK

                              “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information