Battle for starting G spots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle for starting G spots

Here is a article about it http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Commo....aspx?id=13006

It sounds like starting out the season Brown and Chester will be the guards, I hope one of the can move to C so Grubbs can get some playing time this year.

Yeah, if either Chester or Brown became comfortable at C, we'd be in good shape. Our G depth is crazy right now, so it'd be good if one became primarily a C, preferably Chester because Brown has already settled into the LG spot.

What do yall think will happen with Vincent. With Grubbs, Chester, Brown, Vincent, Rimpf and Yanda, one probably will have to go. Vincent has got a sizable contract, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him who left.

Comment

we might cut him but from the sound of the article he is working hard so we may not cut him, but from his past 2 seasons of play we couldnt get anything for him w/ a trade. I think we will keep him around for competition.

Comment

i woulda tried to trade vincent on draft day for a low pick...
        dont see him being a factor after this season and this season is doubtful

Go Ravens!

Comment

Why does everyone keep saying Vincent has a sizeable contract, he really doesn't.
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

If we have 2 young guards both expected to start why on earth did we draft Ben Grubbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
              If we have 2 young guards both expected to start why on earth did we draft Ben Grubbs.
              Interesting question indeed. Answer is that they expect Chester to move to C, and because Grubbs was our BPA at the time, although I don't know how we could have him rated higher than Alan Branch, Chris Houston, Paul Posluszny, Justin Blalock, Tony Ugoh, and other guys who went just after Grubbbs.
              HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

yea I am wondering the same thing, and what pissed me off was when the reason Vincent was bad these past 2 years was because of injuries and he decides to work his ass of after we spend a 1st on a RG. I guess Chester is our C of the future, it sounds like he bulked up but still has his great athletic ability which is great. I all along was expecting Grubbs to start from day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                  Interesting question indeed. Answer is that they expect Chester to move to C, and because Grubbs was our BPA at the time, although I don't know how we could have him rated higher than Alan Branch, Chris Houston, Paul Posluszny, Justin Blalock, Tony Ugoh, and other guys who went just after Grubbbs.
                  Grubbs >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blaylock IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                    Grubbs >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blaylock IMO.
                    Well thats ok every argument needs someone who is wrong. :)

I look at some of the players taken right after him and there are so many other players I would have rather had.
                    HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

hahah you said g-spot

ah man

thats grand.

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

We shoulda took Chris Houston.

Comment

I wouldnt have minded Chris Houston because it sounds like our 1st round pick is gonna be 3rd string at seasons start and Houston probably at least would have been nickel back. Possibly Billick is just trying to push Grubbs to work his ass off.

Comment

I wish we would have traded down and picked up some dlineman. Although two of my favorites, Tank Tyler and Charles Johnson weren't picked till the 3rd.

Comment

We shoulda took Chris Houston.
                              Amen to that. But hey shoring up the o line is never a bad thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the Opening Day line was JO, Brown, Flynn, Vincent, and Terry, with Chester and Grubbs taking over later or just rotated.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information